Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Some guys can setup their cars with static droop numbers and leave them alone until the tires wear out. The ride ht. drops during this time of course, and droop increases a bit, but not enough to upset the handling of the car.

I'm working on setting my car up as above, but usually in the past, I've readjusted the droop almost everytime I drive the car. I do it sort of by feel, and just make sure the car is not tweaked as a result of my adjustments. (I just lift each end of the chassis in the center with an X-acto knife blade and make sure the arms drop evenly, front and rear.) I can feel the amount of arm drop by holding down the tires on the table with my fingers/hand and lifting the center of the chassis with my thumb.

Like I say, I wish I had a more scientific way of doing it, but it's the way I've kind of got used to doing it (maybe out of laziness). If anyone else has suggestions...school me please!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kevink2
Some guys can setup their cars with static droop numbers and leave them alone until the tires wear out. The ride ht. drops during this time of course, and droop increases a bit, but not enough to upset the handling of the car.

I'm working on setting my car up as above, but usually in the past, I've readjusted the droop almost everytime I drive the car. I do it sort of by feel, and just make sure the car is not tweaked as a result of my adjustments. (I just lift each end of the chassis in the center with an X-acto knife blade and make sure the arms drop evenly, front and rear.) I can feel the amount of arm drop by holding down the tires on the table with my fingers/hand and lifting the center of the chassis with my thumb.

Like I say, I wish I had a more scientific way of doing it, but it's the way I've kind of got used to doing it (maybe out of laziness). If anyone else has suggestions...school me please!
when I adjust droop, I do it by same number of turn left to right. A Hudy wrench will let you have accurated "turn mark" (according to the flat spot on the handle) for 1/2 turn and 1 turn.

I have another wrench that allows me to do a 1/6 turn mark.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore
when I adjust droop, I do it by same number of turn left to right. A Hudy wrench will let you have accurated "turn mark" (according to the flat spot on the handle) for 1/2 turn and 1 turn.

Same here. We true our tyres down between 58-60mm (58mm when major event is on, 60mm when its just a club day). I will only ever adjust my droop maximum 1mm using the hudy wrenchs (along with the hudy droop guages just to make sure its even).

Moon - I got my 235 Rody, I will post pics of my car soon, I think it now has more hop-ups than yours
Old 04-04-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

That's true, I sit there and count turns also...
Old 04-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi
Same here. We true our tyres down between 58-60mm (58mm when major event is on, 60mm when its just a club day). I will only ever adjust my droop maximum 1mm using the hudy wrenchs (along with the hudy droop guages just to make sure its even).

Moon - I got my 235 Rody, I will post pics of my car soon, I think it now has more hop-ups than yours
damn, more and more people compete with me on the "HOP UP MANIAC" title !!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

I have a Rody 5 ports here and waiting to be put on my car soon !
Old 04-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kevink2
That's true, I sit there and count turns also...
dont only count turns ! you need to be conscious on the direction of your turn too !
Old 04-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

damn, more and more people compete with me on the "HOP UP MANIAC" title !!
Everyone wants your title man!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Everyone wants your title man!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Old 04-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

dont only count turns ! you need to be conscious on the direction of your turn too !
Yeah sometimes that gets hard too, after a few beers!
Old 04-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

I still haven't installed my 4mm Chassis yet, But I was comparing the stock chassis to the 4mm chassis, and noticed there was an extra screw slot near the brake - what is this for? The original chassis doesn't not have this (see pic)
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-t0407.jpg  
Old 04-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hicks and Joey: WUUUZZZZZZ UUUUUPPPPP !!!! Where's brotha Swauger and pimp daddy Robbie Collins ??
Old 04-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

I still haven't installed my 4mm Chassis yet, But I was comparing the stock chassis to the 4mm chassis, and noticed there was an extra screw slot near the brake - what is this for? The original chassis doesn't not have this (see pic)
I thought it was for the MTX2 plastic brake pad stopper but tried and it wont fit. So I think it is just for weight saving !
Old 04-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

I thought it was for the MTX2 plastic brake pad stopper but tried and it wont fit. So I think it is just for weight saving !
Weird hey? It doesn't look like its been drilled out for weight saving, its identical to the other screw holes on the chassis.

Maybe something new is coming?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.