Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by devious17
...... I dont have a tyre truer to reduce the foam tyres unfortunately, what I am doing now is to rotate the front tyres from the previous set heh heh...used front with new rear everytime........it is becoming an expensive affair.
Yeah... I do that too. I always keep used front tyres for just in case situation hehehe......

I don't know if you agree with me......... I usually smear the foam tyres with armour all brand liquids. It keeps the foam wet and moist, and later I put them inside sealed plastic bag for storage. During first use, I keep low speed for three laps, and after that I drive normally.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default traction

hey quick question when traction is up to you go to the c block or the a block in the rear?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
hey quick question when traction is up to you go to the c block or the a block in the rear?
A block
Old 02-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

thanks so a block = lower roll center
Old 02-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rear A block

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
thanks so a block = lower roll center
hi....i have test both A and B block....for my setting what i can say about this "A block" in 'simple terms' is that i can have more throttle rather than when using the B block....and i am waiting for later this month race to find out if it'll reduce my lap times...

__another thing that i understand about this A block( correct me if i am wrong) ... the lower arm pins sits the lowest compared to the other blocks, whereas u have to tighten the shock spring to get the same rideheight like with the B or C...so this will make the shock spring more harder...and this condition would create lesser grip.. , right? i still have to find out if it will cause more rear tire wear due to more throttle play....

so in other words this is also very suitable for levelled track surface...
Old 02-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcabj
hi....i have test both A and B block....for my setting what i can say about this "A block" in 'simple terms' is that i can have more throttle rather than when using the B block....and i am waiting for later this month race to find out if it'll reduce my lap times...

__another thing that i understand about this A block( correct me if i am wrong) ... the lower arm pins sits the lowest compared to the other blocks, whereas u have to tighten the shock spring to get the same rideheight like with the B or C...so this will make the shock spring more harder...and this condition would create lesser grip.. , right? i still have to find out if it will cause more rear tire wear due to more throttle play....

so in other words this is also very suitable for levelled track surface...
racbj: What Mugen Spring do you use ?

A block actually is higher Roll Center = More body roll = More side grip during cornering especially for wide corner and sweeper. Negative effect, your car cannot rotate the rear quickly, especially in tight S corners. C block ( less roll ) can do the job well for tight S corners.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

With your analogy, the C block should be the better option if the anti roll bars are not used? Currently I am running the A block without the anti roll bars and technical bends it slides predictably.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
racbj: What Mugen Spring do you use ?

A block actually is higher Roll Center = More body roll = More side grip during cornering especially for wide corner and sweeper. Negative effect, your car cannot rotate the rear quickly, especially in tight S corners. C block ( less roll ) can do the job well for tight S corners.
i only have the light blue spring...guess its the medium one...with 50wt oil.

back to the block issues...man ,what a confusing aspect that i still don't understand perfectly...

anyway ...from what u explain, that is why i felt very comfortable on the sweeper and wide corner using those "A", and a bit lag during the u and s turns compared to the B . i think i should give C a try to see how it goes....
Old 02-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

With your analogy, the C block should be the better option if the anti roll bars are not used? Currently I am running the A block without the anti roll bars and technical bends it slides predictably.
i have never tried without the anti roll bars...

i am goin to have a bad headeache...
Old 02-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

I don't say that......

I have two mtx3, one with A block and another with B block. Both cars run without F or R roll bar...... so I don't know the effect of C + roll bar. The car with A block get more body roll, and quite lazy in corners. The car with B block is slightly easier to turn in .... not lazy.

Once I use roll bar in front and rear, I don't like it because the car occasionally skid sideways in high speed long corner ( noticeable when rear tire is thinner ). So I removed the rear roll bar and the skid issue is gone. Nevertheless, I enter a new problem : understeering on power, so I might as well remove the front roll bar. Without roll bars the car drive like electric cars.... agile and quick.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcabj
..... anyway ...from what u explain, that is why i felt very comfortable on the sweeper and wide corner using those "A", and a bit lag during the u and s turns compared to the B . i think i should give C a try to see how it goes....
Yes, A block make your mtx3 rolls ..... so little bit lazy and relax.

C block make your mtx3 rolls at minimum rate.

You have to try which rear block is suitable to your track and driving style.
( I bet you don't like C for your hometrack ).
Old 02-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Thanks asw7576,rcabj

Tomorrow I am running the mtx3 again before I clean and dress it up like a shelve queen for the buggy season is in. A change of chassis also from the prospec to the non prospec chassis.

I think I will go get the virtualRC software and USB connector and start practising virtually and apply the learnings on the tracks. I am not keen at downtime during track days.So long as the x3 still has foam on the rims I will want to run it bald.

Getting used to the one way and actually liking it a lot. My RB is slowly dying on me now hahahahahaha.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

thanks asw7576,

devious have u tried the c block..?
Old 02-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

rcabj, I didnt have the chance to try out the c block yet cause I need to go get the A,B and C block set. You coming for the mugen qualifying rounds at HPC this Feb?
Old 02-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

rcabj, I didnt have the chance to try out the c block yet cause I need to go get the A,B and C block set. You coming for the mugen qualifying rounds at HPC this Feb?
Were you one of the few at HPC yesterday(Sat)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.