Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

managed to run a few tanks before the rain came, broke a rear suspension shaft due to flip induced by traction roll. increased the rear camber link by 1 mm but got the camber at 4', tyre wear conical on the inside, need to reduce camber to get even wear.

After replacing both rear suspension shaft, recalibrated the setup and the car hooked! It's a predictable hook fortunately and kinda nice after a while as I began hooking into corners. The first few hooks caught me but after getting used to it I simply throw the car into a corner and anticipate the hook then throttle through the corner.......slower strategy into corner but attracts hell lot of "Wooo!" and "Waaaa!"

Need to setup the car once again to get even tyre wear at the rear plus replace rear damper oil to 50 front 60.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

what rear block and ackerman were u using...?? also blue or purple shock springs??
Old 01-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

rcabj, light blue springs all round,60 front 50 rear A rear block and B ackerman 37 shore tyres front and rear.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by devious17
rcabj, light blue springs all round,60 front 50 rear A rear block and B ackerman 37 shore tyres front and rear.
i see, all this while i have always use only B rear & ackerman, seems fine to my driving and track conditions...anyway yesterday decided it's time for me to try out every available setting to find out myself how the car would react to different settings...

...so i started yesterday with only changing the rear block and ackerman to "A" all around...other settings remain as it is....well after 3 tank full of driving what i found out was quite impressive, the handling has more aggressive feel then previous....so far i like it... another characteristic that i got fond of is the on power cornering so next time race will use this setting to find out if this really shortens my lap time....
-but i have a weird feel that tyres would really suffer
Old 01-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well my Winternats FORGASS warm up at Fort Myers was a success even though it took me all weekend to get a handle on the track and only made the D main. I struggled all day Saturday with the setup. Back at the hotel that night my buddy from Jacksonville and I went through the whole car and found several problems. I got to the track at 7:30 AM this morning and as soon as I could I got on the track .The car was handling great but while I was out there putting down some pretty good laps I blew the front bearing out of my OS TR. To bad because it really pulled. So I replaced the motor and got out to make a few laps before my main and the car was still good but a bit slower. During the main the plug fouled out of my spare motor and that was that. I hadn’t run it for a while and I should have changed it before I went out. Oh well. The whole point of going was to get a good starting point for the Nats and I got it. I am sure the traction will be better for the Nats but my starting point is good.. The race was well run and very organized. Nice to visit with all of you followers of this thread I met at the track. I raced the MTX-3 Prospec but after seeing Art’s MTX-4, I am going to work hard to get mine ready to test a bit at the Nats. I will post my setup when I get back home tomorrow. See ya at the Nats in month or so.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
the thicker towers should have shims provided when you buy them, like those by 3racing. the shims which are about 2 or 3mm line up the shocks perfectly.
Thanks Jo, I didn't want to kick up a fuss about those spacers so I shimed it using the bolt of the same size, works just nice and no more rubbing.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asw7576
rcabj, take a look at mine :
asw7576, how much rear camber ar eyou running with that much raised rear camber link?

I ran -4 on a 1.5mm shim and it is wearing the foams from the inside out. My guess is you are running not more than -2
Old 01-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Jo, I didn't want to kick up a fuss about those spacers so I shimed it using the bolt of the same size, works just nice and no more rubbing.
your welcome. yeah you can use that as long as the shocks are straight when you look at it from the side and it doesn't rub then you're ok. i love the thicker towers.... one less thing to worry about when crashing
Old 01-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Goingto switch over to the one ways up front for my next run. I think I have had enough run time with the diff and knows how it is behaving. Will go one way to see what will be different from the diff. Been hearing good things running the one way up front.

You guys running 50k wt at the rear with one way up front? I'll be mixing 50k with 10k to get somewhere around 25k.

0.5' front toe / 2'rear toe
-2'rear camber / -2'front camber
2mm up rear camber link
castor middle
anti rolls softest
60wt front shocks / 50wt rear shocks on 1.7 blue springs
B ackerman/ A rear block
5mm front / 7mm rear height
2mm front / 5mm rear droop
40 shore foams
RB V12 Rody / high 90'C

I am lazy to fill up the setup sheet so I'll just use the forum

I'll see what happens
Old 01-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Goingto switch over to the one ways up front for my next run. I think I have had enough run time with the diff and knows how it is behaving. Will go one way to see what will be different from the diff. Been hearing good things running the one way up front.

You guys running 50k wt at the rear with one way up front? I'll be mixing 50k with 10k to get somewhere around 25k.

0.5' front toe / 2'rear toe
-2'rear camber / -2'front camber
2mm up rear camber link
castor middle
anti rolls softest
60wt front shocks / 50wt rear shocks on 1.7 blue springs
B ackerman/ A rear block
5mm front / 7mm rear height
2mm front / 5mm rear droop
40 shore foams
RB V12 Rody / high 90'C

I am lazy to fill up the setup sheet so I'll just use the forum

I'll see what happens

good luck ... anyway i've been with the one way since day 1....no turning back 4 me , rear diff same like me la...50k+10k but i feel your rear ride height 7mm a bit to high bro...
Old 01-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

droop

just bought a mtx3 with some goodies not prospect but almost, well my question is this how do you change the front droop i can see the one for the back but not the front, i previously owned a ntc3 before this purchase. thank you
Old 01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rene
just bought a mtx3 with some goodies not prospect but almost, well my question is this how do you change the front droop i can see the one for the back but not the front, i previously owned a ntc3 before this purchase. thank you
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-droop.jpg  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Big Kat! I see the holes.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

one more question, there is a mm of play (aprox) at the rear a-arms connecting to the rear hinge pin is this ok with everybody elses or is there a shim i need? nothing like that in the manuel
Old 01-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

on the lower a-arm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.