Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Eddie
My car seemed to need more middle to exit steering , ecspecially on-power , i am runnin the Robbie Collins setup off the mugen USA web site , I tried less castor but ddint help , moving the front shocks out , nope ,both adjustments did the opposite of what i wanted , should i lower the rear camber link at the hub to make the car rotate more ? I like its neutral feel but it is easy to overdive the car , just lookin for more steering .
Stick with robbie collins setup, but for caster you need to move the front upper arm all the way back ( all clips at front ). This setting will make your car have incredible steering hook under acceleration. More caster means more steering under power but initial steering ( corner entry ) will be less aggressive.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I need help to solve a problem on my mtx3... My rear end tends to lift one side of the wheel a little off the ground while cornering... For example, I am making a left turn (with medium speed large diameter circle turn) and my rear left wheen will lift appox 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the ground... but the front is fine. How can I cure it? Thank you.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gfd2726
Hi guys,

I need help to solve a problem on my mtx3... My rear end tends to lift one side of the wheel a little off the ground while cornering... For example, I am making a left turn (with medium speed large diameter circle turn) and my rear left wheen will lift appox 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the ground... but the front is fine. How can I cure it? Thank you.
I've seen lots of fast cars do this... I don't really see a problem If there are no performance issues...
I would get harder front tyres(or maybe front and rear)... I assume that your front end is hooking a bit, maybe because of a high grip track... harder front tyres, springs etc would be the way to go...
Don't you have traction rolling problems?
Old 08-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bandeira
I've seen lots of fast cars do this... I don't really see a problem If there are no performance issues...
I would get harder front tyres(or maybe front and rear)... I assume that your front end is hooking a bit, maybe because of a high grip track... harder front tyres, springs etc would be the way to go...
Don't you have traction rolling problems?
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, our local track (revelation raceway, CA) has very high traction and I have to lower my mtx3 to appox 3.5mm front, 4mm rear with 45 shore 61mm front/45 shore 61mm rear tire for it not to have traction rolling problem. Well, it feel a little unbalance when one wheel is lifting on high speed cornering... so that'll slow the car down a little... At first I thought it's normal so I didn't really bother by this problem but after I purchased my serpent 710 and this car doesn't have that problem at all. It's very smooth on all kind of corners so I thought maybe there's something that I miss..? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I think that you might have to look and see what your droop screws are set or your down stop screws. The one side of the car is compressing all the way down causing the other side to lift. If the down stop screw is adjusted to let the shock come down further that might help as well.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Softer / thinner rear stabiliser ?

I'm impressed with the grip you got there at Revelation Raceway

What cause traction roll ? Is it because the front tires hook and dip into corner or is it because the rear tires hook and dip ?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

It seems that my rear (hook up more than the front) has a little traction roll so it's lifting... My rear & front anti sway bars are both set at stiff position. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

What I mean is use softer / thinner stabiliser so the rear suspension arms are freer.

BTW could you tell me your setup ? ( chamber, toe, springs color, oil weight, shock position ) I need to copy yours...... I'm truly surprised that your car don't flip even with 3 wheels !!
Old 08-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

I think you should stay wtih everything on the hard side(stabilizers, springs)
I thiunk if u get some harder oil in the front shock u can have good results... but also get less caster(near to mininum, or minimum)...
If none of this helps... You could use less ackerman...
Old 08-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ready to build?

i have a pro spec i'm almost ready to build, i noticed that the receiver is inside a little box, doesn't look very accessable, i run rs310 receivers and will probably have to change the channel. what have you done?
Old 08-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthony750
i have a pro spec i'm almost ready to build, i noticed that the receiver is inside a little box, doesn't look very accessable, i run rs310 receivers and will probably have to change the channel. what have you done?

All you have to do is remove the front screw holding the cover, and swing the cover out of the way.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Cool

It seems that my rear (hook up more than the front) has a little traction roll so it's lifting... My rear & front anti sway bars are both set at stiff position. Thanks.
Sounds wierd but, a softer set up will stop traction roll problems!
Old 08-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, our local track (revelation raceway, CA) has very high traction and I have to lower my mtx3 to appox 3.5mm front, 4mm rear with 45 shore 61mm front/45 shore 61mm rear tire for it not to have traction rolling problem. Well, it feel a little unbalance when one wheel is lifting on high speed cornering... so that'll slow the car down a little... At first I thought it's normal so I didn't really bother by this problem but after I purchased my serpent 710 and this car doesn't have that problem at all. It's very smooth on all kind of corners so I thought maybe there's something that I miss..? Thanks.

I think when you run the tires at 61mm and lower the car like that, what you are doing is allowing the car to roll more! If you put 58mm tires on and set your height at the same seting you will get less body roll.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Sounds wierd but, a softer set up will stop traction roll problems!
Hi Slot, softer setup of yours means softer springs or softer boil weight ? Or perhaps softer springs with slightly thicker oil ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.