Attached Thumbnails 2005 V5 slide pics...lots of em-dsc00195.jpg  
Old 06-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

last closeup of bulkhead
Attached Thumbnails 2005 V5 slide pics...lots of em-dsc00196.jpg  
Old 06-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

i have a ton of other pics of the car if anyone is interested

there will be 3 new radiotrays that i will be posting on here tomorrow night and there is a 6.5mm 7075 chassis plate with a new optional battery mounting setup in the works. this is not a slide original piece but rather something we are testing here at the moment.

if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and i will do my best to give you guys answers.

as for the adjustable rollcenter and steering ackerman, well the ackerman is adjustable by simply using the different inserts, if you look close enough you can see the letters on there for changing it to A, B, C, or D. as i have not used this yet i am unsure what its effects are, but having spoken to mike swauger at mugen today he did say that the ackerman is adjustable by changing the insert

cant comment on rollcenter adjustability, dont know why its not there or available on the kit, dont know if it even needs it, but lets give the car some time and see how things work out.

nice thing about this kit is that there will be a conversion kit available for converting the older kits to the new. more news on that one when it becomes available

kevin
Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default slide

cool!
Old 06-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

interestingly, the front shocks look upside down.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

they are
Old 06-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default convert

Originally Posted by dremelboy
i have a ton of other pics of the car if anyone is interested

there will be 3 new radiotrays that i will be posting on here tomorrow night and there is a 6.5mm 7075 chassis plate with a new optional battery mounting setup in the works. this is not a slide original piece but rather something we are testing here at the moment.

if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and i will do my best to give you guys answers.

as for the adjustable rollcenter and steering ackerman, well the ackerman is adjustable by simply using the different inserts, if you look close enough you can see the letters on there for changing it to A, B, C, or D. as i have not used this yet i am unsure what its effects are, but having spoken to mike swauger at mugen today he did say that the ackerman is adjustable by changing the insert

cant comment on rollcenter adjustability, dont know why its not there or available on the kit, dont know if it even needs it, but lets give the car some time and see how things work out.

nice thing about this kit is that there will be a conversion kit available for converting the older kits to the new. more news on that one when it becomes available

kevin
If I will convert my 2003 to 2005 what parts do i need to change.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Snap rings

Does anyone know where someone can get the "bent" snap rings for the 2 speed hub that attaches to the shaft? Or a part number? Thanks
Old 06-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

hey redsand

the shocks on this kit are inverted, in an effort to keep the center of gravity low on the kit, the shocks actually do not have bladders in them, they have 2 different shore internal orings and a spring in them, filling the fluid level to the right height can be difficult at times, the kits do come with a shock filler cap, but even with that too much and too little oil can be used.

i will post some closeups of the shocks later this evening along with the pics of the radio trays
Old 06-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

hey there 1fastdude

are you talking about the 2speed ez grip clip that keeps the 2 speed gears from falling off the 2spd shaft itself???

we here at ace hobbies and supplies are the importers of the kit here in the states, but we are currently out of the 6mm ez grip clips too, there is a parts order we are working on currently so check with me in about 10 days or so

www.acehardwarehobbies.com or email me there at the shop [email protected]

put it to my attention

thanks

kevin
Old 06-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

hey there suntok2

if you have one of the 2003 kits, do you have a way of posting any pictures of it so i can let you what you will need.

essentially the 2005 v5 has new bulkheads for the front, new front top arms, front top arm hingepins, caster clips from a mugen mrx4, servo saver assembly pieces, i.e., the tube, spring preload adjuster, servo pipe, 6x10 unflanged bearings for servo saver tube, front bodymount, new chassis and radiotray, steering servo mount holder pieces, these are from the mugen mrx4 also so you might find these locally and save yourself some money.

the fuel tank that this kit uses is from a serpent 950r, dont know if it will come with this, but we are looking for possible alternatives to that in case of availibility problems with getting serpent fuel tanks.

the newer cars have the new rear downstops and new rear swaybar so if your kit does not have this you will benefit from having it. the car has significantly more rear grip with the newer swaybar setup than the older one that attached to the 2 lower rear arms from the backside

stay posted i will have more pics uploaded tonight, there are a few other pieces of intrest that i will post on here tonight as well

kevin
Old 06-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Post new slide pics

check back later for additonal pics
Old 06-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Bent C ring

Fastdude, is that the same clip that you were using on the Avance 2 sp? I need acouple of those...

Kevin, that Slide is wicked sweet...

J
Old 06-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Very nice Kevin . Wuuuuuuzzzzzzz Uppppppppppppp
Old 06-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redsand
interestingly, the front shocks look upside down.
All SMP cars are like that....actually both shocks are upside down....more weigh on the bottom instead up high...may be CG reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.