Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio Aug 21-25th

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Great Event!!!

People to thank: Andy Power, Paolo Morganti, Ralph Burch, Billy Bowerman, Ted Hammer, Jeff Z., Team Matrix, RC America, DeSoto Racing, Painting Roly.

Other people to thank, Midwest Racers for helping me sharpen my driving for the last 3 years. East and west coast guys for coming out to test my driving. Professional guys for coming out to show us the fastest way around the track and sharing knowledge.

JJBink...for changing the rules on me during the race you dirty ba....good race!

Time to get ready for 2014 GLC!!!!! Everything else in between is just waiting.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Smile

Finally was able to go to the GLC this year and all I could possibly say about the facility and people is why do you have to be 7.5 hours away from my house What a great bunch of people and racers

Aja and I say would like to say TY to those who work so hard to keep the track running so efficiently and well groomed. Also TY to all the other locals who made us feel like we were at home

Great to see some of the Midwest GT racers again and to meet some new ones they are all class acts.

A real shame the GT turnout wasn't as large as it should have been, I feel with the open rule adjustment made by the GLC the GT community really squandered a great opportunity to make this race one that could have really made a statement.

All in all I had a great time and will be back for sure

Thanks to my team mate Aja for driving his best and taking my Xray XB9 GT to a second place finish, I could not ask for a better team mate My Adjustment right before the race was in the wrong direction and did not make his job easier (I am sorry) but live and learn. Hats off to Jr. for the Win GREAT JOB "see u at the next race"

Thanks to my sponsors that help to make racing FUN

Absolute Hobbyz
Sweep Racing Tires
Clock Work Racing Engines

Couple of Pictures enjoy,

Last edited by *1speedy; 08-27-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

I just have to say thank you to Toledo club for putting on a great event (the perfect weather didn't hurt either). It was my first time at the GLC and I came because of the Pan Car class being run at this event. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and race against the folks that I routinely converse with on another thread on this site. It was great to finally put a face with a name, to share stories and trade car tips. That "Midwest crew" really made me feel welcome and at home. As long as the GLC continues to have a Pan Car Class, I'll put forth every possible effort to make the 10 1/2 hour drive to get there.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Do we have a date yet for the 2014 GLC???... Vaca picks are coming soon at work .... Running a main with no qualifiers sure stacks the deck against ya....:...
Still had a blast....and thanks Brian for all the work when you don't
even get to run... I say we all throw into the pot and build Brian a new
car as thanks....
Old 08-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

I just have to say thank you to Toledo club for putting on a great event (the perfect weather didn't hurt either). It was my first time at the GLC and I came because of the Pan Car class being run at this event. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and race against the folks that I routinely converse with on another thread on this site. It was great to finally put a face with a name, to share stories and trade car tips. That "Midwest crew" really made me feel welcome and at home. As long as the GLC continues to have a Pan Car Class, I'll put forth every possible effort to make the 10 1/2 hour drive to get there.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

I need to sell my Nikon, and shoot Fuji from now on. With the Fuji, I take 50 or so photos per day, edit a little, and post. With the Nikon, I added things up, and I've got 900 photos just from Sunday!

I doubt anyone here wants to go through that many pictures - the plan now is to cut it down to around 100 to 200, and post everything no later than this evening.

I also organized the photo gallery site, m.smugmug.com last night, so it's easier to go right to the gallery someone is interested in viewing.

I don't know what all your names are, and I've got a miserable memory for names anyway. If you see yourself, or see your car, please add some notes to the feedback box below the photo.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

When the current uploads finish, all I'll need to get uploaded later tonight is 1/8 4WD A, and 1/10 Sedan A.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default OUT STANDING!!

This weekend was one of the best I've had in a while and I didn't even run! Thanks to Brain and John for giving it their all and then some! Thanks to my fellow club members and I'm sorry I couldn't have helped more. Lets not forget the ladies that jumped in with tickets and food! Great Club, Great event!!

We had some real fun in 2wd with old and new friends alike, this class is on the move but you'll have to go to another thread for details. I love how the 4wd guys give us their old tires (if we could only get you to run 50s on the front). Each class is a class act! Thanks for being in my hobby!

Got to meet Robert P.(he was my main man back in the Mugen days), glad you made it, Robert!

Another glad to see was "The LON". I know it made "FAST" IIIs day, did me some good too!

Ted Hummer is the real driving force for the GLC and I went to send out a THANK-YOU! to him.

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

I think all the photos are uploaded.

If anyone wants to leave comments below images, that's fine. I think you can sign in with either a smugmug account, or a facebook account. Not sure about that yet.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Found all the photos. Thanks for the great camera work Mike!

Fantastic week of racing and world class production. Great job from the Toledo crew!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Congratulations to all our GLC Champions for 2013
1/8th Pan - Jason Irwin
1/10th Sedan - Ralph Burch
1/8th Masters - Skip Starkey
1/8th GT - Joaquin Desoto Jr.
1/8th Open - Paolo Morganti

To make this a Great race we needed you the Racers and we thank you for coming out and hopefully you had a good time and the racing seemed very tight. The Monkeys were definitely Screaming in all the Mains on Sunday and in every race there was some very close races right down to the end.

The more years we host this race the smoother it seems to get. Thanks to Brian and Jon for Directing the event and Bobby F. for helping with the Tech area.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Ted!

I look forward to being a sponsor for next year's race. It's a wonderful track for the Pan class and our goal is to have a B-Main in 2014.

-Jason
Old 08-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A few points of comment....

Many, MANY thanx to Toledo club members for putting on an incredible race. Brian B. manages the most flawless race I've ever attended, Ted co-ordinates endless details, Marvin does quick and excellent track maintenance, and Jon Z. has a way of telling people they are "number one" with him without them noticing which "number one" he's referring to (lol.) And all the other members I haven't mentioned by name but who do mighty work to keep the wheels turning.

Tom, Dave, Louise and I picked up garbage nightly around the pit tables. Grrr. Trash cans six feet away, guys....six feet. But I will say there was LESS to pick up this year than last year, and for that, my knees, back, and other arthritic joints thank you. (And personal thanx to whoever it was that relieved me from turn marshalling for a few minutes in a heat so I could go find a pain pill and a knee brace, you've no idea how much I deeply appreciated that.)

Many thanx to the sponsors who coughed up some nice loot......

Thanx to Billy Bowerman for selling me an engine which only proves the fact that my car is doing all it can but the driver is lacking.....

Thanx to D. Filo for tires and fuel...good stuff which I'll be using more of in the future......

Thanx to everyone that attended. Toledo has a magnificent track and facilities, a motivated and helpful membership, and I heard many people say they'd be back next year...especially people attending the event for the first time.

We of BC/RC (Tom, Dave and Phil) are proud and honored to have helped sponsor such an event. We will be back next year to do the same, Lord willing, and enjoy another few days in the sun.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

It looked like your knee was hurting a lot, I'm glad I could help you out.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

A couple more quick highlights

It was greatly appreciated that 5 different out of town racers over the week ask a broom to clean up their pit area. That was kind of a wow after the first couple.

Next when we needed some volunteer Marshals during the qualifying races it was nice to see John Adams jump up and be on the track before you could blink an eye.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.