Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blanks596
anyone know if the Kfactory tit pivot balls made for the MTX3 will work for the MTX4? If so, are there any differences in quality compared to the Mugen ones?

Yes, they do. Don't know about quality differences.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone know if the Kfactory tit pivot balls made for the MTX3 will work for the MTX4? If so, are there any differences in quality compared to the Mugen ones?

I don't know about the quality difference but I would rather get the factory ti pivot balls.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I don't know about the quality difference but I would rather get the factory ti pivot balls.
The Kfactory is not bad on the Kyoshos, strongest of aftermarket Ti PBs that I've had experience with. Still bent a couple of them about 4yrs ago. BUT even though Mugen uses smaller diameter PB's, their Option Ti PB's are the strongest. You get what you pay for.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I have seen a few Brass and other metal battery trays here and there but never have actually seen one for sale on a web site. Anyone know where I could get one? A CNC aluminum tray would be nice. At the WinterNats a few weeks ago my car was very close to being to light in several qualifiers so I was thinking if I had to add weight I might as well add it to the lowest point of the car.

JEFF
Absolutely. + it's centrally located for even tire wear and handling. I know the guy who originally made the brass ones for the team last year had a bunch for sale on Ebay. But I haven't checked lately.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
i ck the kawahara website this cats are in japan somewhere any distributors in the US.
http://rcnitronation.com/

Call for all the latest items. I don't think they update their site very often, but they always have new items anounced if you call.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I'm not sure about K factory, but the mugen mtx-3 ti Pb's fit the MTX-4. So i would believe the K-factory ti Pb's should fit the MTX-4.

I've been running the mugen Ti-Pb's for about 1 year and I've yet to either bend one or break one. I'm curently using The Mtx-3 pro-spec Pb's on my Mtx-4. Best in the business
Old 02-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
The Kfactory is not bad on the Kyoshos, strongest of aftermarket Ti PBs that I've had experience with. Still bent a couple of them about 4yrs ago. BUT even though Mugen uses smaller diameter PB's, their Option Ti PB's are the strongest. You get what you pay for.

OOps, by factory i meant Mugen factory parts not K factory. I trully don't know the difference between the two since I've only owned the mugen ti and haven't damaged one even after a bad crash.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

One of my mates was informed by Brooklyn Hobbies that MTX-4R to be
released in a week, is this true??
Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

mugen ones are much better.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PROVK
Hmm, that would explain why they are selling them so cheap. And, they are on sale again. I got mine from them. Best price anywhere.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Knack Racing in Japan makes specialty parts for the MTX-4 and other 1/10th touring cars. Some of it looks pretty interesting. Anybody heard of these guys or try any of their parts?

Web Site (Sorry, it's all in Japanese!):

http://www.knack-racing.com
Old 02-28-2007, 01:52 PM
afm
Tech Master

Could be, because in Spain they are allready offering a MTX4 World Champioship Edition with a free Ninja hat signed by K Fukuda at 299 Euros.

According to the ad The car has new steering blocks, new rear shock tower, and aluminum wheel hex's.

Look here

http://www.modelcar-rc.com/ofertas/ofertas.htm

AFM
Old 02-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Knack Racing in Japan makes specialty parts for the MTX-4 and other 1/10th touring cars. Some of it looks pretty interesting. Anybody heard of these guys or try any of their parts?

Web Site (Sorry, it's all in Japanese!):

http://www.knack-racing.com
Hey Rainer, guys in the PI tell me that their pretty good. Way better than 3racing, almost on par with quality of Kawahara. Jap.spec.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mugen Seiki says they dont even have a prototype yet. Its still in the "developing stages." Word from mugen there is a show in about a month and they hope to possibly have a prototype or something to show by then but most likely this car wont show up for another good 3 months or most likely more.

But it is "in the process" and I personally think maybe 6 months we could see something , maybe earlier , maybe later. Theyve got to mass produce the parts so I think that would take a little after they get the car prototype ready then of course a few months of testing beforehand. So Id say 6 months or more. The price drop is just to keep it competitive and to probably move stock of the current model to prepare for the new one.

Also from the sounds of it , this car might be more than a few option parts. Could entail some different parts or thinking alltogether. That would be nice , but thats just my thoughts due to what I was told. Normally a new car if its just option parts is pretty ready available. Sounds like this is on the drawing board so hopefully something fresh comes out.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey guys i am getting in to nitro touring this year and i was wondering what crank shaft do i need for the mugen mtx4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.