Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

ok LOL im to old for this, but i think i understand. i just play with the car till i can drive it ok.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
i thot adding shims to the rear uprights makes more camber change, to do roll center you change the lower arm position LOW MID HIGH. IDONO this stuff allways meses me up, if i need more traction i add shims to the upright,
Changing the length of the suspension arms determines camber change. Decreasing the length of the upper arm (or camber link, for the rear of the MTX), will result in more camber change as the suspension compresses.
Hope this provides some clarity, my original post covers everything regarding roll centre with the exception of its dynamic nature.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

when you add shims to the upright you change how aggressive the camber gain is.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

nitro junkie just a few questions.

when you say "lower front roll centre" do you mean taking shims out from under the top a arm on the inside baulks?

also rear lower roll centres means placing the inside camber link at the lower hole right? (also "A" block = low right?)

or is it the other way around?
Old 07-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TomB

when you say "lower front roll centre" do you mean taking shims out from under the top a arm on the inside baulks?

also rear lower roll centres means placing the inside camber link at the lower hole right? (also "A" block = low right?)

Lowering the front roll centre would be REMOVING shims from under the inside of the front upper arms.

Placing the camber link lowe on the inside is RAISING the roll centre...
Old 07-21-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Lowering the front roll centre would be ADDING shims from under the inside of the front upper arms.

Placing the camber link lower on the inside is RAISING the roll centre...
Old 07-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes and shims under rear camber link as well
Old 07-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

ADJUSTING ROLL CENTER
The way that you adjust the roll center differs from one car to the next. However, the
theory is the same in that you want to change the angle of the suspension arms by
making them more “tilted” or more “flat” horizontally.
To fine-tune roll center, make changes to the angle of the upper arm.
To make larger changes to roll center, make changes to the angle of the lower arm.
It is very important that you have the same settings on the left and right sides of the car.
IMPORTANT!
Changing roll center settings impacts several other settings on the car, such as
downstops, camber, and ride height. When changing front or rear roll center, re-check
your other settings.

WHEELBASE
Wheelbase refers to the horizontal distance between the front and rear axles. Changes
to wheelbase can have a dramatic effect on the handling of your car, since it readjusts
the distribution of weight on the wheels, which adjusts traction. Not all R/C cars have
the option to adjust the wheelbase.
By adjusting the wheelbase at one end of the car, you affect the traction at that end of
the car. For example, by shortening the wheelbase at the rear of the car, you place more
weight over the rear wheels (resulting in more rear traction.)
EFFECTS OF WHEELBASE ADJUSTMENT
Longer
• Car more difficult to turn around sharp corners.
• Increased stability.
• Better handling over bumps and ruts.
• Better on more open tracks with high-speed corners.
Shorter
• Car turns sharp corners more easily.
• Increased steering response
• Better on tighter, more technical tracks
the way you adjust the wheelbase is the c spacers that clip on the actual front upper hinge pin it self

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 07-21-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default MTX-4 FOR SALE

interested on buying an MTX-4? PLEASE CLICK HERE
Old 07-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracerdude
interested on buying an MTX-4? PLEASE CLICK HERE
Wouldve already ripped the car from your hands if I didnt had one.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

has any one had problems with the 3racing 2speed all af a sudden first starts sliping its a real pain in the ass what i did to fix the problem is shim up the screw and washer as well as lock tight the spacer first gear sits on other wise it would slip on the 2speed shaft
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-mtx450.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-mtx4-50.jpg  

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 07-21-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This problem was an issue back about page 70 or 80. The 3 racing shaft, being titanium, just doesn't hold up. It wears down. Your best off using the K factory steel light weight hollow shaft.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
has any one had problems with the 3racing 2speed all af a sudden first starts sliping its a real pain in the ass what i did to fix the problem is shim up the screw and washer as well as lock tight the spacer first gear sits on other wise it would slip on the 2speed shaft
Many said negative things about this particular products.

Back to original stuffs and you are set.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
ADJUSTING ROLL CENTER
The way that you adjust the roll center differs from one car to the next. However, the
theory is the same in that you want to change the angle of the suspension arms by
making them more “tilted” or more “flat” horizontally.
To fine-tune roll center, make changes to the angle of the upper arm.
To make larger changes to roll center, make changes to the angle of the lower arm.
It is very important that you have the same settings on the left and right sides of the car.
IMPORTANT!
Changing roll center settings impacts several other settings on the car, such as
downstops, camber, and ride height. When changing front or rear roll center, re-check
your other settings.

WHEELBASE
Wheelbase refers to the horizontal distance between the front and rear axles. Changes
to wheelbase can have a dramatic effect on the handling of your car, since it readjusts
the distribution of weight on the wheels, which adjusts traction. Not all R/C cars have
the option to adjust the wheelbase.
By adjusting the wheelbase at one end of the car, you affect the traction at that end of
the car. For example, by shortening the wheelbase at the rear of the car, you place more
weight over the rear wheels (resulting in more rear traction.)
EFFECTS OF WHEELBASE ADJUSTMENT
Longer
• Car more difficult to turn around sharp corners.
• Increased stability.
• Better handling over bumps and ruts.
• Better on more open tracks with high-speed corners.
Shorter
• Car turns sharp corners more easily.
• Increased steering response
• Better on tighter, more technical tracks
the way you adjust the wheelbase is the c spacers that clip on the actual front upper hinge pin it self
Man, this sounds all too familiar. I've read this information somewhere. Oh, let me guess, this is from the set-up book for the xray electric car. Man, you typed all this exactly what the manual reads. Oh, by the way, there is NO WAY (unless modified) you can change the wheelbase of a MTX-4 or 3. Track width, you can change ( 198,199,200mm ), not wheelbase. Trust me, i've spoken to Swauger about this afew times and I had to modify the rear for a shorter wheelbase for my MTX-4.

"the way you adjust the wheelbase is the c spacers that clip on the actual front upper hinge pin it self "

Could you explain this to us. The " C spacer " (or caster clips) that you are reffering changes the caster, NOT THE WHEELBASE !! "

Now, on a xray FK05 or a T2, you can change the wheel base in the REAR ONLY !!!!
Old 07-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roger
Man, this sounds all too familiar. I've read this information somewhere. Oh, let me guess, this is from the set-up book for the xray electric car. Man, you typed all this exactly what the manual reads. Oh, by the way, there is NO WAY (unless modified) you can change the wheelbase of a MTX-4 or 3. Track width, you can change ( 198,199,200mm ), not wheelbase. Trust me, i've spoken to Swauger about this afew times and I had to modify the rear for a shorter wheelbase for my MTX-4.

"the way you adjust the wheelbase is the c spacers that clip on the actual front upper hinge pin it self "

Could you explain this to us. The " C spacer " (or caster clips) that you are reffering changes the caster, NOT THE WHEELBASE !! "

Now, on a xray FK05 or a T2, you can change the wheel base in the REAR ONLY !!!!
its from the 1/10 all in one set up station not the xray electric car
read when i posted that 12:30 in the morning i was wasted just got home from the clubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.