Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Now that's cleared up.
The MTX-4 will not come in prospec form until after it's been out awhile, also we do not no yet what has been changed on the car we only no what you guys no.
I've seen posts on this thread stating what changes might me made those are all guesses until you here it from Mugen I would not count on the changes that I have seen posted here.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Robbie, some of the top Mugen guys like Fukuda from Japan did not make it to Brazil. Read my post again I said specifically that it's not the car. Nor did I said that one race prove anything but it was cited as an example why it's not the car.
Quote from you "At the national level, driver matters more than the chassis. As long as you have a relatively competitive chassis, it's the driver that will make a difference. Case in point, what happened at the worlds? Where are the Mugens? Is the MTX-3 not competitive? I think you know the reason why MTX-3 did not make the A is not because the car is slow but because Mugen did not send their top team out to Brazil."

Mike Swauger has out performed the hole team in every race since before and after the sedans worlds so with that said Mugen did send its best, like I said before bad luick at this one race.

I think all chassis has something different to offer, all chassis aren't for everyone, but I will say this some are stronger than others thats why some coast more, cars should be chosen based on performance, duribilty, and parts availibilty, if you choose to buy something because it coast less then thats cool.

I know the guys who import the mongoose and I think they have a good car, there team is not big and there following is not that strong yet but take in mind that they are new to this RC thing, others have been at it for awhile.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Robbie, my post was in response to another post claiming that G4 is not a good car because it never place in the top 10 in the national level. I think my post pointed out that is no indication of the car's capability but rather who they have racing the G4 (none or very few). The worlds is an example to illustrate my point since MTX-3 did not make it to the top 10 either and we all know it's a good car. When I said Mugen did not sent their top team I meant not to put whoever (including Mike) there down but it's a fact the top Japanese mugen drivers weren't there. Especially Fukuda who I think is one of the fastest driver in the world. In any case Mugen had a smaller team than what Kyosho sent.

But the point of my original post was not to discuss who is in the Mugen top team nor the result of the worlds. It's about judging a chassis based on race finishes. Sometime there could be a dominating and far superior chassis (eg RC10 in the early 80's) but more often than not it's the driver(s) and as you said the team effort behind it. Bottom line you simply can't say G4 is no good because you don't see it in the top 10!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Rookie

bottom line Mugen is a very very good car
Old 07-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Robbie, my post was in response to another post claiming that G4 is not a good car because it never place in the top 10 in the national level. I think my post pointed out that is no indication of the car's capability but rather who they have racing the G4 (none or very few). The worlds is an example to illustrate my point since MTX-3 did not make it to the top 10 either and we all know it's a good car. When I said Mugen did not sent their top team I meant not to put whoever (including Mike) there down but it's a fact the top Japanese mugen drivers weren't there. Especially Fukuda who I think is one of the fastest driver in the world. In any case Mugen had a smaller team than what Kyosho sent.

But the point of my original post was not to discuss who is in the Mugen top team nor the result of the worlds. It's about judging a chassis based on race finishes. Sometime there could be a dominating and far superior chassis (eg RC10 in the early 80's) but more often than not it's the driver(s) and as you said the team effort behind it. Bottom line you simply can't say G4 is no good because you don't see it in the top 10!
Read my commits from earlier post no ones sayings it's an inferior car, just because the price is low doesn't make it a great car either, and as far as having a team I know three people that race for Team RD Logic aka Mongoose and I'm also friends with the team manager I consider there drivers as being very talented I don't think they would like to here someone saying Mongoose doesn't have a good team or no talent that's kind of jack up in my opinion.
As for the Japanese team they chose on there on not to attend the worlds, Mugen USA is just that and Mugen Japan is just that same company with same goals but different people.
The reason why I'm responding is because you don't know so I'm telling you why is why.
I'm answering the questions that you asked about the team and replying to the statement you made about different chassis capabilities.

PS nothing personal just replying to post..........
Old 07-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
bottom line Mugen is a very very good car

No......

Bottom line is that they are the best on the market.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Bottom line all cars are created equal.
Once you put the shells on who knows?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
Read my commits from earlier post no ones sayings it's an inferior car, just because the price is low doesn't make it a great car either, and as far as having a team I know three people that race for Team RD Logic aka Mongoose and I'm also friends with the team manager I consider there drivers as being very talented I don't think they would like to here someone saying Mongoose doesn't have a good team or no talent that's kind of jack up in my opinion.
As for the Japanese team they chose on there on not to attend the worlds, Mugen USA is just that and Mugen Japan is just that same company with same goals but different people.
The reason why I'm responding is because you don't know so I'm telling you why is why.
I'm answering the questions that you asked about the team and replying to the statement you made about different chassis capabilities.

PS nothing personal just replying to post..........
Robbie Robbie Robbie...you've got to read all the posts. I responded to SOMEONE ELSE who said G4 is inferior because it did not place in the top 10.

I did not ask about the team nor do I have any questions, not for you nor in general. I tried to make a point about chassis and you are the one taking it personal because of the passing references I made. You are entitled to your opinion and you can disagree with what I said but I stand by my comments.

Robbie I met you at Revelation and you seem very nice but come on what's this telling me off cause I hit a soft spot?
Old 07-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Robbie,

He was responding to comments I made in a post because I responded to a wiseguy that was trying to rip the Mugen car and post why the Mongoose/G4 was a much more superior car than the Mugen. I was pointing out some things and then told the guy that there are other posts to promote the Mongoose/G4. It is funny how some guys post comments ripping another car without ever owning or, at least, driving one. I have either owned, driven, or been loaned most cars that are currently out there except the Kyosho cars. I was talking about my personal experiences with a G4 that was loaned to me as a possible local sponsorship offer. I am sorry that this has escalated into this but if a person has a personal preference to car, don't go on threads and rip the other cars (my personal opinion on this subject)
Old 07-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok yeah so enough with the arguing...ummm should i grab a mugen mtx-3 prospec now for a great price or should i wait for the mtx-4 and pay a shit load more?????

thanks

Mike
Old 07-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

"My car is faster than your car"

"Is NOT!"

"Is TOO!"

"Is NOT times Infinity!"

"Is TOO times INFINITY PLUS ONE!!!!"

Crowd goes "OOOHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh........"
Old 07-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gonzoY5
"My car is faster than your car"

"Is NOT!"

"Is TOO!"

"Is NOT times Infinity!"

"Is TOO times INFINITY PLUS ONE!!!!"

Crowd goes "OOOHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh........"
lmao!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

MTX4 makes me want a Touring Car. The car gonna b the bomb!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by daniz24
How many Mugen cars in the top 10 last WC in Brazil?
Hey ... Hey.... Hey ...... Mugen Seiki don't send their super top drivers to Brazil u know. Maybe Mugen is alternating its resource for MTX4 development rather than going into World Champisionship for that year.

Why don't you apply for official team driver for Mugen Daniz24 ? you are perfect candidate for a team driver.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

my (not so) local hobby shop sad that mugen wasn't on the worlds because of the new car, and it not being finisched.... but if it was because the car couldn't compete or just to spare time.. i don't know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.