Old 10-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Under $400 at one of my old LHS.
Where? Send a web address!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

I still think that the release of this car is a complete mess. Making such a secret around the pricing is just ridiculous.

I've checked a couple of online shops that usually have low prices and the differences between those shops are outrageous.

I have no clue what Mugen is trying to achieve by this.

At least in Europe the prices seem to be reasonable and equal.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I totally agree. I have spoken to several dealers who all told me their dealer cost. They ranged from $340 to $410. What is THAT all about?

These are US dealers. Is the US distribution system that messed up?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

How's the handle of mtx4?

Last edited by MRX_joe21; 10-30-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Seems like Shooters is already making tuning parts for the MTX4:

Old 10-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Seems like Shooters is already making tuning parts for the MTX4:

Hmmz. those braces looks good!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ran the car this weekend for 3 days at Kissimmee, FL.
There were 5 MTX4's running. My car was awsome. Took some very hard hits and nothing broke. The track is known for its high speeds, 60+mph and high speed wrecks!

What I seen was nothing that I wouldn't have expected from any other car. Seen serpents snap a crack, Kyosho's too, so seeing 2 of the 4 cars running break was nothing considering the hits that they took that broke them.
And the best part was, even thought the parts are not in the stores yet, we all were able to finish racing the weekend with our cars. Thats a positive I would say!

The car has A LOT of steering, it takes something to get used to! The car overall was AWSOME! I Qualifed 3rd in the "B," 1.7 seconds from being in the "A." I didn't get a clean qualifying run, but the car was impressive! It comes out of the corners like it was shot out of a cannon! I was running 42's and still traction rolling. Starting to dial in the susupension to my driving, but the box stock settings were very good.
s
Old 10-30-2005, 07:45 PM

I ran my car for the first time on Friday. It was fast. I tried to destory the car serveral times but it just took the abuse. I did brake a few left front uprights. Our local track (SRS) has a nasty turn with a board haging out. It only took me 2 front uprights to figure out where the board was.
The cars acceleration was "flippin sweet". It has plenty of steering. And yes it can take a big hit....
I ran the first heat and was out front when I smacked the nasty corner head on. It hit so hard it turned my car off. I had the switch in backwards.
Second heat race, after I turned the switch around. I was out in warm-ups and hit the nasty corner again and broke a left upright.
Main, I was leading all the way untill about 30 seconds left and the left front dog bone fell out. I guess I left the upright out too far.
It was a good showing for the car It took hits and was very fast even with a 3 year old motor.
Ken I will order you some new uprights from Lee Muse and have them del. to you. Thanks again for the parts.....
Justin
Old 10-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

wow rcfoolz and mtx-4,i hvnt got a test yet on durability..how do u find X3 and X4 durability?i m stil in progress wit running in stage wit it,what can i say..X4 is really ez handle and fast too..
do u guys set d clucth as stock?cntx spring?

Old 10-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MTX-4
I ran my car for the first time on Friday. It was fast. I tried to destory the car serveral times but it just took the abuse. I did brake a few left front uprights. Our local track (SRS) has a nasty turn with a board haging out. It only took me 2 front uprights to figure out where the board was.
The cars acceleration was "flippin sweet". It has plenty of steering. And yes it can take a big hit....
I ran the first heat and was out front when I smacked the nasty corner head on. It hit so hard it turned my car off. I had the switch in backwards.
Second heat race, after I turned the switch around. I was out in warm-ups and hit the nasty corner again and broke a left upright.
Main, I was leading all the way untill about 30 seconds left and the left front dog bone fell out. I guess I left the upright out too far.
It was a good showing for the car It took hits and was very fast even with a 3 year old motor.
Ken I will order you some new uprights from Lee Muse and have them del. to you. Thanks again for the parts.....
Justin
What can I say.... Pretty awesome car! Your car looks great out there. For anyone who doesn't know SRS track, it's size is about 45'x100' ... Ya it's pretty dam small, but we don't have a choice. Anyways, it requires us to use front diff, however Mr. MTX4 here did not have that that day so he end up using one-way. It's definitely better than MTX-3 in a tight track w/ one-way. Durability is still the same as MTX-3. Not a perfect car (some bugs needs to be addressed), but a pretty darn good car. Still more time to test, but that's how it looks so far. Mine should be ready to race this Friday Just waiting for some parts.

Justin, no need to hurry. I still have some spare left. Pretty darn good race, you didn't look like you took a long break. Getting married did something positive though
Old 10-31-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hong Kong ver. car

Ok, I have been deployed in the Navy. With all the money I have been saving, I bought an MTX-4 from RC Mushroom. The chassis had a serial number at one time but it has been ground off. Crazy. Where the hell can I get some spare parts? I am trying to get some arms, uprights and bulkheads before the Fusion race. This will be my first outing with the car and I have had good luck taking front arms off at that track. I would express some stuff from Mushroom, but they are out of them. Is there anywhere else I can get some so as soon as I break the car my weekend is not over? I agree since I have been following this thread the whole time I have been gone, this is not a typical Mugen release.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mavicxxx: The 2 speed has to be backed off about 3 1/2 turns to get it to start shifting. Then after it starts (about 2 tanks) turn it back in about 1/2 turn.

Overall, I would say the durability of the car is as good as the 3 other than the front bumper, the locking nuts stripped out in the holes easily. The lower front bumper is made out of some soft matterial, but Mugen must have done it for a reason. With a nasty head on hit to a 4x4, which I was airborn when I hit it, the track needed to be repaired afterwards, the car just bounced off it.

I can't wait to get it on the new track in Hudson, FL. New asphalt, smooth as glass. 1st race is going to be on the 13th of Nov. Anybody in want to come race, you won't miss it, HWY 19 in Hudson.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Mavicxxx: The 2 speed has to be backed off about 3 1/2 turns to get it to start shifting. Then after it starts (about 2 tanks) turn it back in about 1/2 turn.

Overall, I would say the durability of the car is as good as the 3 other than the front bumper, the locking nuts stripped out in the holes easily. The lower front bumper is made out of some soft matterial, but Mugen must have done it for a reason. With a nasty head on hit to a 4x4, which I was airborn when I hit it, the track needed to be repaired afterwards, the car just bounced off it.

I can't wait to get it on the new track in Hudson, FL. New asphalt, smooth as glass. 1st race is going to be on the 13th of Nov. Anybody in want to come race, you won't miss it, HWY 19 in Hudson.
Rcfoolz...is the Hudson track good enough to put into our Florida series? You should have the track owner contact FORGAS for consideration. BTW...you forgot to mention that the TQ was a serpent
Old 10-31-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, I was rushing to build my MTX4, and didn't have it all set by Saturday's quilifing. I borrowed an engine from a friend, and needed to break that in also. My last quilifing run was used to test and tune the engine in the new car, and get the radio gear all set. But wow, this car can really turn into the corners. It seemed strong too, as I also hit the boards (forgot that I was driving a car with a one way, no brakes)

Now I'll be racing at Superior this weekend, but I'll use the MTX3 Prospec on that track, since it is a tighter track, usually running with a spool. I'll save the MTX4 for the big tracks, ROAR events.

Mugen did a great job on this car, love it.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TQ was a serpent
At the end of the day though, it was a MUGEN that won.

Congrats to Ben on his win, with a CVEC pipe, and a Mugen MTX3 Prospec, JP FX12, and JAC Profuel..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.