SERPENT COBRA GT ENGINE CHOICES HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT COBRA GT ENGINE CHOICES HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Never count out a .21 they do very well. Thats all I run now, benched my OS25.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Serpent team Ace Paolo Morganti runs the Plus 28 5T and has won with it!!
True, but i'm far from the driver Paolo is..
Who's had issues with bad bearings in Novas?
Was this manufacturing defect?
How was this problem resolved both on manufacturer and consumer ends?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Never count out a .21 they do very well. Thats all I run now, benched my OS25.
Ok, so, the Novarossi 21xlb Bonito is the best .21..
Novarossi 28 5T is what Paolo runs..

Hmm, decisions, decisions..
Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Nova Roma .25 geared for top?
Nova .28 5T geared for top?
Nova .21 Bonito.. Almost same torque as .25 Roma?
Nova .21 Kappo Rally greater than Bonito?
Alpha .23 torque plus top end screamer?

Bear with me here guys, this is a lot to ingest all at once haha
Old 08-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Another huge factor you need to consider is Track length. If you don’t have the straight to really open up one of those high dollar novas what’s the point? A super fast engine won’t do you any good on short tight tracks like the one I run on. If your track is in a Harley practice area and is extremely loose the high torque will really hurt you. Too many things to consider. What kind of track? How’s the traction? Are you a blipper or smooth on the throttle? I’m sticking to the 21s they have done me well.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howard85may
Nova Roma .25 geared for top?
Nova .28 5T geared for top?
Nova .21 Bonito.. Almost same torque as .25 Roma?
Nova .21 Kappo Rally greater than Bonito?
Alpha .23 torque plus top end screamer?

Bear with me here guys, this is a lot to ingest all at once haha
Any more there's no need for a .28, .21's will have everything you'll need. The mid sized engines are great, but they still give up mileage to a .21. I have had .21's and .28's, and a few of the inbetweeners. I am faster, and much happier overall with my cars performance with a .21, I never feel like I'm giving up too much speed to anybody.

I've had Nova's and loved them, last forever, tune in right, consistent smooth power. You'll never have a more linear power band than a 7 port Nova. Not to say that any other engine isn't good, hell, I'm running a Go GXII-5RHO right now. But you pretty much just can't go wrong with a Nova.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
Any more there's no need for a .28, .21's will have everything you'll need. The mid sized engines are great, but they still give up mileage to a .21. I have had .21's and .28's, and a few of the inbetweeners. I am faster, and much happier overall with my cars performance with a .21, I never feel like I'm giving up too much speed to anybody.

I've had Nova's and loved them, last forever, tune in right, consistent smooth power. You'll never have a more linear power band than a 7 port Nova. Not to say that any other engine isn't good, hell, I'm running a Go GXII-5RHO right now. But you pretty much just can't go wrong with a Nova.
Cool! So between the Nova Kappo Rally 21 and the Bonito huh. I like the Bonito for the H.P. but i also like the Kappo for the RPM's.

I will be letting it rip on tacky black top asphalt so traction wont be an issue. Straight line performance and sheer speed is what im after right now.

I chose this platform because of the ground clearance over 1/8 and 1/10 scale on road, plus i simply like the design.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Nice.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

bonito vs kappo rally??
Old 08-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bonito vs kappo rally??
Well if you're only worried about all out speed. Get a modded Nova 28-7T, modded Flash Rally, or modded Picco Torque. If you don't plan on racing it go balls to the wall!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

bonito vs kappo rally??
Also throw os 21xz-b speed in the mix.. 2012 Readers Choice engine of the year award.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Well if you're only worried about all out speed. Get a modded Nova 28-7T, modded Flash Rally, or modded Picco Torque. If you don't plan on racing it go balls to the wall!
Yep. Those are my plans exactly. I want to get as much as possible with a stock engine until I decide to have it modded.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Or you can get a LRP .28 for cheap and it rips. Fuel milage is not your concern so even the .30 LRP. Both are monsters for what you want.

In my case I have tried a lot of engines here are some of them in no particular order:
  1. .21 Ninja
  2. .21 OS Speed (Version 2 buggy)
  3. .21 35Plus (stock)
  4. .21 RB C9 Murnan Mod
  5. .21 Sirio on road
  6. .21 Kangaroo Murnan Mod
  7. .21 OS VSPEC Blue head

To me a good .21 is just right for traction, Hp, torque, fuel mileage and RPM. The Serpent is lightweight compared to the DM1Spec and is also lighter than a stock Kyosho. So you would need more torque with the others. Of my engines the RB and the Kangaroo modified by Murnan are awsome with the Sirio comming in at 3rd place for all out power. The Sirio is a little more controlable. If you want all out power contact Murnan you won't be dissapointed. Tell him what you want and he will deliver an awsome engine. He has a thread here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-n...ed-motors.html

Ask him and he will get you what you want.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jneg
Or you can get a LRP .28 for cheap and it rips. Fuel milage is not your concern so even the .30 LRP. Both are monsters for what you want.

In my case I have tried a lot of engines here are some of them in no particular order:
  1. .21 Ninja
  2. .21 OS Speed (Version 2 buggy)
  3. .21 35Plus (stock)
  4. .21 RB C9 Murnan Mod
  5. .21 Sirio on road
  6. .21 Kangaroo Murnan Mod
  7. .21 OS VSPEC Blue head

To me a good .21 is just right for traction, Hp, torque, fuel mileage and RPM. The Serpent is lightweight compared to the DM1Spec and is also lighter than a stock Kyosho. So you would need more torque with the others. Of my engines the RB and the Kangaroo modified by Murnan are awsome with the Sirio comming in at 3rd place for all out power. The Sirio is a little more controlable. If you want all out power contact Murnan you won't be dissapointed. Tell him what you want and he will deliver an awsome engine. He has a thread here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-n...ed-motors.html

Ask him and he will get you what you want.

Ok I have reached out to Murnan Mods.. Awaiting reply.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Roma. 25 murnan modded..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.