Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
75%-100% rear

50% inside front

is a good starting point

I run most of my practice without it then my final practice i go out with it.

for most runs I put it on as soon as I can and work it into the tire.

I have a tire saucer but have only used it once this year, its not a must have.

seems difference sauce works at different tracks we are limited to one brand where I race most of the time.
This is excellent advise. The only thing I would add to this is: Mount the tyres on the chassis. Place the chassis on a car stand or whatever so that the tyres cannot touch anything. Apply sauce to the tyres by rotating one of the rears by its side wall in the normal running direction to all four tyres. Set some thing (stop watch,phone,whatever) to beep every two minutes or so. When it beeps rotate one of the rears 180 degs in the normal direction(this will rotate the other three tyres as well). The excess sauce will be rotated from bottom to top for even soaking and deeper penetration.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
I don't understand the concern....wouldn't it be easy to tech the cars to see who may be using sauce prior to a race? (of course, where it's not allowed).

What would be the benefits of using a tire saucing machine as opposed to simply putting the sauce on and then rubbing it off 15 mins later as we used to do back in sedan foam racing?......saw these machines online and have been wondering what they were all about.....
The machine guarantees even dispersion of the sauce into the foam as well as deep penetration. You will be the envy of the competition that you beat and made fun of for blowing a bunch of money on a gizmo that obviously did not help by those who finished ahead of you. Your wallet will weigh less. Lighter is faster.

When you rub it in get harsh with them. When you wipe it off use force. Nothing sucks more than wasting all of your warm up trying to get your tyres hooked up.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

My friend told me now that he sauced a set of tyres with the machine a couple of days before he used them. This way the additives are penetrated deeply into the foam and the tires were not "wet" anymore when he puts them on the car.
He told me that it takes 20min per set. The latesst saucing machines do now have a light bulb integrated which is meant to apply heat as well. Obviously this helps with penetration also, or is meant to dry the surface after the treatment. Crazy and pretty time consuming...

Last edited by fulcrum2; 08-09-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
My friend told me know that he sauced a set of tyres with the machine a couple of days before he used them. This way the additives are penetrated deeply into the foam and the tires were not "wet" anymore when he puts them on the car.
He told me that it takes 20min per set. The latesst saucing machines do now have a light bulb integrated which is meant to apply heat as well. Obviously this helps with penetration also, or is meant to dry the surface after the treatment. Crazy and pretty time consuming...
Sauce your tires heavily a couple of days before the race. The sauce will penetrate to the rim, and be dry by race time. No one can tell you sauced, the tires are dry, but still offer much more traction. Let them air dry.

I tried saucing on 8th scale after the WC in Miami. It was obvious that ALL of the top cars were saucing. Wether the tires were done at the factory, or there...not sure. I know slower drivers than me with "good tires" passed me on the outside of every turn. My car was at the limit, theirs looked super stable, and easy to drive.

Only difference. Sauce.

I see no way to regulate it. I can sauce, and you can not tell. Even under close examination of the tires. No smell, the tires just make more grip.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

So the next thing is: "Which sauce to use"?

My friend got a product from an international top driver. If I remember correctly, the bottle is labeled as "Reinhard diff oil additive"

Surprisingly enough, it works very well...
Old 08-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
So the next thing is: "Which sauce to use"?

My friend got a product from an international top driver. If I remember correctly, the bottle is labeled as "Reinhard diff oil additive"

Surprisingly enough, it works very well...
Everyone seems to want to keep this information to themselves.

I "heard" at the Worlds a lot of people were using LRP Blue? I have only tried that and the Zero Gravity stuff. Put on by hand with the applicator it came with. I can tell you if you don't get it rubbed in real good warm up you will be a hazard and think your car is broken.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Everyone seems to want to keep this information to themselves.

I "heard" at the Worlds a lot of people were using LRP Blue? I have only tried that and the Zero Gravity stuff. Put on by hand with the applicator it came with. I can tell you if you don't get it rubbed in real good warm up you will be a hazard and think your car is broken.
If you sauce before you race you have to wipe it off really really good or your car will feel that way for a couple laps. Guys that sauce before race day are fast lap one.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im not telling anyone. lol
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J-MAN
Im not telling anyone. lol
Didn't you invent it? Or just the first one in Texas? HAHA
Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

I Avoided saucing till earlier this year but after trying it I even had to build a tire rotisserie mainly to keep the solution off my hands and I'll be damned it did seem to work better , then had to build a couple more machines for friends and at the Midwest race had enough inquiries that I built a small batch , have some left and will have them available at the GLC _ PM if interested.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
I Avoided saucing till earlier this year but after trying it I even had to build a tire rotisserie mainly to keep the solution off my hands and I'll be damned it did seem to work better , then had to build a couple more machines for friends and at the Midwest race had enough inquiries that I built a small batch , have some left and will have them available at the GLC _ PM if interested.
Thats cool!

Can you post any pics?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Lord

Something like this
Attached Thumbnails How to: Saucing foam tyres 1/8-dscf1649.jpg   How to: Saucing foam tyres 1/8-dscf1650.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
Something like this
I likey.........I want one.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

This is a one time production only.....
Old 08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
This is a one time production only.....
what did you use for a motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.