R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for a new car

I have been out of this for a some time now, about 6 years... My current car is a Nitro TC3 but as I have just discovered, it is discontinued, I want to get a new 1/10 scale car, preferably a kit car, what are some goo options?
ghost3411283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Serpent.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost3411283 View Post
I have been out of this for a some time now, about 6 years... My current car is a Nitro TC3 but as I have just discovered, it is discontinued, I want to get a new 1/10 scale car, preferably a kit car, what are some goo options?
New Serpent 747 with options included...value for money...feedback r very easily to setup...car light n cost of spare parts resonable...i m considering it too...just like u.... n back to tis hobby again
Capit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost3411283 View Post
do some research about KM HK-1 EVO-II
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia View Post
shepherd velox v10 dare to be different
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia View Post
Don't touch this car, a friend of mine in FL just left them as a team driver because there is NO SUPPORT

The serpent 747 is a good car and so is the V10, but both lack the durability of an NT1. Overall the best car for the new comer and the advanced driver, hence why its the world champs car. If you have the extra money, the Capricorn is a hopped up NT1 but is not as durable and parts are a little more expensive, but could dethrone the NT1 possibly this year.
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by esckalayd View Post
Don't touch this car, a friend of mine in FL just left them as a team driver because there is NO SUPPORT

The serpent 747 is a good car and so is the V10, but both lack the durability of an NT1. Overall the best car for the new comer and the advanced driver, hence why its the world champs car. If you have the extra money, the Capricorn is a hopped up NT1 but is not as durable and parts are a little more expensive, but could dethrone the NT1 possibly this year.
in my country i can get parts easily,so it's not a problem for me,but the HK-1 EVO-II is a good kit.
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

make sure you do research people tell you what car but dont race make sure the ones who tell you the car actually race just check what the most popular car is in your area good luck on your search
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Default Capricorn C02

Im new to nitro this season. Have chosen the c02 from capricorn , and so far it has been very good. Offcouse i have been off the track a couple off times , but so far it has been small parts that has broken. A wishbone , a steering knuckle and a rear link. Just to compair , have I used 28 litre fuel.
Try to take a look here

http://stores.ebay.com/Kangaroo-Company
Old 08-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
Tech Adept

SERPENT 747
PNT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Get the serpent 747, but most of all visit your track to see what people run here so people can help you out if you need help. Personally I believe world champ titles don't really matter, as it won't make you a world champion. Any car that makes it to the Worlds should be a car worth buying in my opinion. Serpent has been in the industry for a very long time as far as I know. Yes, they are made in China now as thry use to be made in Netherlands, but the quality is still top notch in my opinion. I've has a few crashes with my 733 and nothing broke. My body just got dented. Parts are readily available is most popular shops as well as lhs's I believe, it really depends on your location. My local club runs X-ray, but i decided to run serpent as I believed that their time in the industry would back them up.

=)
fung_kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Regardless of brand make sure you have local support and fellow racers running the same vehicle because there is always that one part that will mess up your day beside setup tips and tricks to make the thing work if you are having problems

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i just started running nitro last month and looked at all the kits bought a xray an love it. only upgrade i had to get was a set of rear soft springs. the car is real stable and with pretty much basic setup easy to drive fun car. Also as i learned today its not just the car kit but the motor.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for me it's between the NT1 and the 747.

NT1 because it's so strong and durable, and also very quick to boot.

The 747 because it's innovative and support is usually very good.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I hate these threads... people are always going to tell you what they are running is the best thing since sliced bread. I would just looking at what you can get parts locally for and what people at your local clubs are running an go for what you can get support for. Having the latest and greatest won't make you an instant winner.

Thanks
Andrew