Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sticky servo prob

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default sticky servo prob

I`ve experienced a problem with a servo wich sticks sometimes. It is the throttle servo and it will stick a moment when i want to release the gas or brake. i`v read about the problems in electric with the BEC and all but i run nitro with LIFE 6,6 volts wich should be enough. I run 2 savox 1250mg though both throttle and steering.

It is annoying because it will not be present constant but only does this 2 to 3 times a day racing. It cost me places on the race because it will send the car in the gras or worst damage will occur. Trashed the reciever because off it in the final. Replaced the throttle servo and the receiver but it is still present.

Does anyone have a solution for it?? Its a Spektrum transmitter on 2,4ghz with savox low profile servo`s. I would appreciate some help. or should i run a capacitor??

Last edited by djiewie; 07-02-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Just brain storming. Ck and redo you EPA on TX. Throttle opening too much it binding. Also with braking??? Again just brain storming!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Lord

Swap the servo's and see if the problem excists.

You are sure it is not the carburator sticking?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Could it be a range issue? Does it occur at a point that is far away or close to the driver stand?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Apriciate the help guy`s but its a new servo on throttle and i`ve swaped engines 3 times(picco torque/ RB M3 / CRF orion) and the problem persists. I have this from the beginning of the season with new servo`s. Ive checked the servo travel and the carb several times when i replaced the engines. Adjusted the carb so its aligned. Have a strong spring on it now.

It is difficult to notice because it accurs at random, but now i know its not me doing it. Costly pointwise for the nationals so i need a solution for the last 2 races. And it was costly last nationals since the fueltank/receiver and the servo died with the crash.

I`ve ordered the capasitor from spektrum, because it solves the glitches they say, but it seams strange that the 2 savox servo`s cause this problem. It is like it doesn`t respond for a second. Glitching
There is a lot written here about it, but its all regarding electric and BEC for speedo`s. After my last crash on the last nationals i have a new receiver so that is not the solution. I spend o whole day trying to adres the problem and seen the car/throttle servo hesitate on the starterbox already once. Hopefully someone has had it and has a solution other than replacing all the electronics.
Some other things i tried;
move the antenne outward away from the powerleads,
shorten the servo wires
put normal battery`s in the transmitter DX3S to up the voltage

Last edited by djiewie; 07-02-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you are sure it is not a linkage problem, first beg, buy, borrow or steal another servo and see if that fixes it. After linkages, servo is the most likely cause. You wouldn't think it but throttle is very hard on servos. If that doesn't fix it, I would say the following quote is your problem:

Originally Posted by djiewie
transmitter DX3S
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Savox + Spektrum = brownouts. If you're lucky the capacitor will take care of it. I've never had luck with it, though.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As mentioned above, it's known problem to have glitching occur when you use Savox servos with a Spectrum receiver. The Savox servos use low quality motors which draw a lot of power.
I would ditch the Savox stuff and get some quality servos from KoPropo, Sanwa or Futaba.
If you want you can try one of mine servos to see if the problem will go away.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I tend to run a spring on the brake linkage also.

Not only does it help dis-engage the brakes, it also helps bring and hold the throttle in neutral position alittle easier. Especially evident when running a low torque throttle servos.

Example...

Old 07-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you for the idea`s. It looks to be costly though. Lose the Savox and the transmitter both. I have a analog servo lying around wich i am going to try. It has 6 kg torque on 6 volt. I suppose one savox isn`t going to give a glitch i hope otherwise ist 2 futaba s9551 if i can get them. about 200,- Anyone interested in 2 brand new savox servo`s if they are the problem i will burn them in a fire.

Will be a gamble on the next national though. I`ve seen they removed the trees on gouda so thats a start. keeping my fingers crossed the analog servo is the fix. Its a releave though i finally know whats the mysterious glitches i have been experiencing the last years.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

The most recent account I've heard of someone swearing off a JR/spectrum setup was yesterday. That is about 6 occurrances I know of. I use Futaba with the great Savox servos and have been amazed that the common denominator seems to be something involving theJR/spektrum. Isolate your problem by trying a different radio brand, I doubt it's the Savox servo.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

what you are saying is that someone had this problem with the spektrum set with other servo brand?? So by changing the transmitter and receiver it will be good?? i`ve been eyeballing the sanwa m11x set but i have to be sure because its a lot of money
Old 07-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

The problems started about 2 weeks ago for the latest spektrum victum I mentioned. He's an electronics tech and could not figure out why it went goofy on him. It just so happens that his fix is the m11x you mentioned. He found one but I won't know how it's working until club race tomorrow. He just decided to give up on the JR problems that have plagued others locally.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks jerry for the reply, keep me posted will you. apreciate it

So there are more with this problem? you say.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Location: Lake View Terrace, CA. ~ Where Rodney King got his Asswoopin!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Me Also

I have been haveing issues with my Savox's also. I had to send both 1283SG I have back and they replaced both. I have talked to Joel at Savox USA Today. And he has told me Savox servos have a problem with the DXM technolgy. So yes you might need to change transmitter & reciver to something NOT spektrum. I am looking for a M11x or M11 also. To switch to. But I just don't have any money.( I'm unemployed).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.