Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

I should have elaborated on the story, which im embarassed to even tell honestly.

The car wasn't ran for about 2.5 years so me and my buddy grabbed them off the shelf and completly went though his GT and my GT2. Well the car wouldn't crank (come to find out the glow plug ignitor wasn't charged)

So we charged the glow plug and I messed with the throttle trim to allow a higher idle just upon initial start up it wouldn't stall. So once it finally fired, it had an extremly high idle and as Im sure you know the brake wouldn't engage so I could stall the car because the servo was adjusted to far on the throttle side. So in a state of panic my friends lifted the car in the aie to try and adjust the idle and keep it running.

This all happened in about 10 seconds, the initial fire up to over revving the motor.

Ive been in and out of Rc my whole life and I was so upset yesterday because I knew what to do, I just simply paniced and watched my motor blow up haha
Old 06-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffrey863
I should have elaborated on the story, which im embarassed to even tell honestly.

The car wasn't ran for about 2.5 years so me and my buddy grabbed them off the shelf and completly went though his GT and my GT2. Well the car wouldn't crank (come to find out the glow plug ignitor wasn't charged)

So we charged the glow plug and I messed with the throttle trim to allow a higher idle just upon initial start up it wouldn't stall. So once it finally fired, it had an extremly high idle and as Im sure you know the brake wouldn't engage so I could stall the car because the servo was adjusted to far on the throttle side. So in a state of panic my friends lifted the car in the aie to try and adjust the idle and keep it running.

This all happened in about 10 seconds, the initial fire up to over revving the motor.

Ive been in and out of Rc my whole life and I was so upset yesterday because I knew what to do, I just simply paniced and watched my motor blow up haha
Well, chit happens. Even to the best of us. But I still think that means its time to motor up!!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Rookie

^I do also agree sir haha
Old 06-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Vex has some pretty good advice - get a new conrod and fix your engine for $20 before going to the trouble and expense of a new engine. There's plenty of time for an aftermarket engine.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Steve my order got hung up and have to replace my order which is good since I wanna add to it. do have he part nmber for the rear center universal drive shaft that fits a gt2 with updated tranny

thanks
Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Vex, there is no part number that fits properly. The new tranny requires a slightly shorter driveshaft and the IFW160 is just a tad too long. I've fit one in my car by taking a little off the back of part that attaches to the pinion. If you want something that will just bolt in place, we're working on it, but there's nothing available right now.

Last edited by SteveP; 06-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

thanks Steve ill pick-up the ifw160. ii don't mind doing a lil modifying.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

well, just ordered the new conn rod from infernosonly.com and Im going to attempt to replace it. You guys talked me out of the race motor, this was a much cheaper route haha
Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Let us know if you need help. We can walk you through it.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SteveP
Vex, there is no part number that fits properly. The new tranny requires a slightly shorter driveshaft and the IFW160 is just a tad too long. I've fit one in my car by taking a little off the back of part that attaches to the pinion. If you want something that will just bolt in place, we're working on it, but there's nothing available right now.
Guys-

front = ifw45 (perfect fit)
rear = ifw160 (take a little off the ball or back part of the shaft)
Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

SteveP, any advice on how to deal with chassis flex ?. On my brushless GT2 I'm on my 2nd set of ifw160/161 cvds!. That's with the rs chassis brace/dragon chassis. I am gonna be switching over to the RS Chassis. Hope that is more rigid.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Vision
SteveP, any advice on how to deal with chassis flex ?. On my brushless GT2 I'm on my 2nd set of ifw160/161 cvds!. That's with the rs chassis brace/dragon chassis. I am gonna be switching over to the RS Chassis. Hope that is more rigid.
Get rid of the Dragon Chassis, they are sssoooo weak. Get either the RT246 chassis or the STR chassis. Also get the SP Aluminum radio posts, IFW401B, and torque them on with some good stainless hardware. This will tie the radio tray to lower chassis and make it more like a dual deck chassis design. After I did that it was noticeable that the suspension was doing all the movement, not the chassis. I went through 1 stock chassis and 2 Dragon chassis' in a year. Went to the hard anodized 777 short chassis, did the SP radio posts. Try all you want, you can't get that combo to flex!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

What's the total caster angle on the IGT? The stock hub carriers are 17 degrees correct? So how many degrees is the chassis kickup?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for that post C, I was also looking for ways to remove the flex which i though was taken care of by the torq rod.

BTW whats the difference between the IFW401B and IFW401 or even the KYOIFW113 ?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
Thanks for that post C, I was also looking for ways to remove the flex which i though was taken care of by the torq rod.

BTW whats the difference between the IFW401B and IFW401 or even the KYOIFW113 ?
The torque rods are more so there to stop the chassis from taco'ing. So they really only handle loads from the front or rear, so flex while braking/accelerating and forces from impacts. By doing the aluminum radio post's it takes out a TON of torsional flex from the chassis. Where that if you do a 7075 hard anodized chassis (777, STR, RT246) with those radio post's, you have pretty much no flex.

But as far as I'm aware the IFW113 are the blue ones, then the IFW401B and IFW401 are the gun metal ones to match the MP9 chassis. However, I do believe that any of the 3 will work with GT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.