Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the gt car to buy????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Kyosho-steady , easy to get upgrades for. DM1- fast good contender. Serpent-enough said, it's Serpent. Team C- spendy, but good quality , Parts harder to come by. Any well built GT car will set you back $1000. Spend what you can , get what you want, and have fun racing it.
That is correct, when all said and done a racing car will be up in the $1K region. Unless you stick with the RTR engine and radio gear. Like I said before with all you will have a great time. Also look at what the other in your area are running and see what is available at your LHS. If you only depend on mail order then what car you have has no impact. Remember that this class is very evenly match and you will have a good time with any car.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Getting a Serpent race-ready will cost a grand, minimum.. And parts won't be cheap either. Sure it might be faster when all done up right, but it's a hole different price league from the others.
Serpent parts are not as expensive as they once were, they are priced right along with the other manufacturers these days
Old 05-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

I ran a buddy's GT2 at a club race in practice...it's got a lot of changes he did himself. Outside of a Delta, this thing is the most durable car I've ever driven and nothing passed it on the backstretch...only one car passed it the entire time I was on the track with it and everything else was regular 1/8. If I wasn't committed to pan and 1/8th, I'd be running a car like his...nothing that big should ever move that fast or turn that tight but it is a lot of fun to drive. I don't know what other probs ppl are having with these things cornering or slowing down, his has a turning radius of something just over two feet and stops on a dime. The original GT2 RTR he had was a complete piece of junk, not durable, not fast, and frankly didn't corner all that well, but the basic platform must be ok since upgrades made it so solid and quick.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
I ran a buddy's GT2 at a club race in practice...it's got a lot of changes he did himself. Outside of a Delta, this thing is the most durable car I've ever driven and nothing passed it on the backstretch...only one car passed it the entire time I was on the track with it and everything else was regular 1/8. If I wasn't committed to pan and 1/8th, I'd be running a car like his...nothing that big should ever move that fast or turn that tight but it is a lot of fun to drive. I don't know what other probs ppl are having with these things cornering or slowing down, his has a turning radius of something just over two feet and stops on a dime. The original GT2 RTR he had was a complete piece of junk, not durable, not fast, and frankly didn't corner all that well, but the basic platform must be ok since upgrades made it so solid and quick.
Insert 'Spy Photos' and 'setup' info here............

Thanks, glad to hear of good GT experience................
Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

99% sure I'm going with the serpent. Kyosho gt for sale cheap
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

As anyone possibly heard anything regarding the new Ofnas? (Hyper7sGTP)... They were shown at the Nuremberg Toy Show, and nothing since. Pretty much everything else shown then is out.

They seem like a nice middle ground between the ancient GT2's and current Ofnas, and the big-budget Cobra GT's and TeamC's...
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

As anyone possibly heard anything regarding the new Ofnas? (Hyper7sGTP)... They were shown at the Nuremberg Toy Show, and nothing since. Pretty much everything else shown then is out.

They seem like a nice middle ground between the ancient GT2's and current Ofnas, and the big-budget Cobra GT's and TeamC's...
Old 06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

^ I know what your saying man lol. Yesterday I was getting the serpent but today I'm just too tempted by the dm1 race spec roller. It's half the price lolol. I'm not an on road racing guru I just don't know if I'm convinced I'll be a better racer with the serpent over the dm1
Old 06-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Regardless of the car, it always comes down to driving it. The DM1 roller will serve the prupose just fine.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1966ss
^ I know what your saying man lol. Yesterday I was getting the serpent but today I'm just too tempted by the dm1 race spec roller. It's half the price lolol. I'm not an on road racing guru I just don't know if I'm convinced I'll be a better racer with the serpent over the dm1
I race the DM1 but have seen the Serpent in person, and can say it is the real deal. But if you are new and will be needing some parts, I'd get the DM1, learn on it and then get the Serpent. It will save you some money on the front end, plus parts are very easy to come by. Tires, engines and the such will all be able to work with either.

You might also look here on RcTech and E-Bay for some pretty great deals on complete set ups. With the Serpent car shipping, some older stuff has started to hit the for sale thread.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I race the DM1 but have seen the Serpent in person, and can say it is the real deal. But if you are new and will be needing some parts, I'd get the DM1, learn on it and then get the Serpent. It will save you some money on the front end, plus parts are very easy to come by. Tires, engines and the such will all be able to work with either.

You might also look here on RcTech and E-Bay for some pretty great deals on complete set ups. With the Serpent car shipping, some older stuff has started to hit the for sale thread.
+1

My DM1 spec race roller with a ton of hops ups and all my parts lot will be for sell in the next 48hrs.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
+1

My DM1 spec race roller with a ton of hops ups and all my parts lot will be for sell in the next 48hrs.
Now how did I know that!!