Wiki Posts
Search

SYNTHETIC OR MINERAL

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hate to burst your bubble.
runner time is only CASTOR OIL NO SYNTHETIC here's a pic of the bottle.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

bad quality methanol general cause more problems... you need to make sure that you get 99.9% other wise you will wreck engines...
Old 02-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TomB
i used to use runner time exclusively in my engines approx 2 years ago. I never had a problem with consistency of fuel, i never had tune issues, i had good power and excellent engine life.

When the Runnertime distributer in Australia stoped brigning it in there was a massive gap in the Australian market and there was no good quality high end product available. Some Aussies might disagree with this, but quite frankly not much lives up to the runnertime mark.

I brought in a batch of Tornado after runnertime ceased being imported into Aus. It was a good fuel with great run time and it seemed quite consistent. The problem with Tornado was it didn't have the castor oil content of runnertime, so on high speed tracks with large straights it didn't provide sufficient long term protection to engines. People quickly began adding castor oil and it seemed to improve the strength of the protection during WOT.

A friend who races more often than me now places an extra 1% pure castor oil into the Tornado fuel for that extra level of protection. I believe the engines need it, and a large group of racers in Australia do the same i believe with a variety of brands of fuel. Ultimately the extra 1% castor improves idle during long races, and makes the tune more consistent, less flame outs and just a better overall performance of the engine.

I have purchased some RB fuel but i haven't used it enough to know if it is as good as Tornado or Runnertime. The one thing i noticed with RB fuel is there is significantly less smoke at the exit of a corner...but again i haven't used it enough to know for certain as i switched back to using runnertime at the last race i entered.

i will most probably add an extra 1% of castor to my RB fuel. it doesn't detrimentally affect performance and it improves high speed protection.
Not really, Tornado fuel makes engine corrosive very fast coz of the castor oil, the castor oil content is highest or may be full, as I know compare with Nitro X, Rapricorn, Orion 25% fuel.

I have 4 engines broken in a week, all of them die coz of detonation in high rpm. Tornado gives me confidence and get rid of engine damage.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Roelof
If you are not sure about RB then try to get the offroad version. it contains that 1% more oil. But yes, I know even top sponsered drivers who do add a small amount of castor oil to their fuel to save the engines. It is sad that it is needed but it is also one of those "secrets" most people do not tell.
Just few drop of extra castor oil to tank (4L) of fuel? Or re-blend with extra castor oil in proprtion?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by beebone
Just few drop of extra castor oil to tank (4L) of fuel? Or re-blend with extra castor oil in proprtion?
Just about 1% Castrol Racing-M added to a full can of fuel, on 5 liter that is 50cc
Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Not really, Tornado fuel makes engine corrosive very fast coz of the castor oil, the castor oil content is highest or may be full, as I know compare with Nitro X, Rapricorn, Orion 25% fuel.

I have 4 engines broken in a week, all of them die coz of detonation in high rpm. Tornado gives me confidence and get rid of engine damage.
what fuel cause yr engine broke in a week? but don't forget engine tunning also one of the reason.
RAPICON only using synthetic oil.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Old 02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Castor oil made for engines will not corrode . not cleaning out the engine after use will... any methanol left in the engine will attract water that will mix with the left over nitro... nitro is the corrosive part of the fuel.

low grade methanol will cause corrosion.

low grade castor will most likely just gum up the motor not corrode
Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Roelof
Just about 1% Castrol Racing-M added to a full can of fuel, on 5 liter that is 50cc
I dont think can find any Castorl M product in HK, so can I add some natural castor oil that use in nail polishing instead?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia
what fuel cause yr engine broke in a week? but don't forget engine tunning also one of the reason.
RAPICON only using synthetic oil.
You got my anwer, thats the one.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The_Keeper
Castor oil made for engines will not corrode . not cleaning out the engine after use will... any methanol left in the engine will attract water that will mix with the left over nitro... nitro is the corrosive part of the fuel.

low grade methanol will cause corrosion.

low grade castor will most likely just gum up the motor not corrode
I dont think quality of Tornado that low, as long as the engine run verey smooth and no damage in high speed track. I can accept gum, actually it does help the engine in some way, but corrosion in crankshaft happens also.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

I dont think quality of Tornado that low, as long as the engine run verey smooth and no damage in high speed track. I can accept gum, actually it does help the engine in some way, but corrosion in crankshaft happens also.
is it while you are running it or when you put it away.

i have been mixing my own fuel for ten years using vp rc3 castor oil and never had a problem with castor oil or runner time fuel for when the worlds where here.....

i had one bad batch of methanol that caused excess wear on the motor... i know that it was the methanol due to i always get it from the same place . just the one time i got it else where and had the problem.

you can tell its the methanol by looking in the motor, if there is a yellowish colour on the internals of the motor..

i see it all the time people buying the wrong fuels and blowning engines...

there is 3 grades of methanol you can get "in australia" they are approx 80% , 90% and the 99.99% this is the one you want to use..
Old 02-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

gum in the engine is really bad it can cause the motor to seize up
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

I dont think can find any Castorl M product in HK, so can I add some natural castor oil that use in nail polishing instead?
i think you can get vpracing RC3 in hk there is an importer there...
Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The_Keeper
is it while you are running it or when you put it away.

i have been mixing my own fuel for ten years using vp rc3 castor oil and never had a problem with castor oil or runner time fuel for when the worlds where here.....

i had one bad batch of methanol that caused excess wear on the motor... i know that it was the methanol due to i always get it from the same place . just the one time i got it else where and had the problem.

you can tell its the methanol by looking in the motor, if there is a yellowish colour on the internals of the motor..

i see it all the time people buying the wrong fuels and blowning engines...

there is 3 grades of methanol you can get "in australia" they are approx 80% , 90% and the 99.99% this is the one you want to use..
I'm currently running Tornado, engine internally turning yellow in conrod and plug surrounding, but the rest of internally is slightly greasy like sticking with.

Yes, most of racers brought the wrong coz we have not much choices in HK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.