R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Serpent Cobra GT (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/594770-serpent-cobra-gt.html)

beebone 07-26-2016 08:27 AM

Rear CVD driveshaft

Anyone using rear driveshaft from other brand with original wheelaxle?
Which brand works? I want to change longer driveshaft , thanks!

RoketRdr 07-26-2016 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by beebone (Post 14614175)
Anyone using rear driveshaft from other brand with original wheelaxle?
Which brand works? I want to change longer driveshaft , thanks!

Post #1994 just one page back.

beebone 07-26-2016 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by RoketRdr (Post 14614211)
Post #1994 just one page back.

Yes, got it, thx!

invrtd 07-30-2016 02:25 AM

Anyone try the new clutch shoes. Yellow type?

jds617 07-30-2016 04:16 PM

ISON 21 GT

Which pipe and manifold for this engine?
Thanks. :tire::tire:

invrtd 07-30-2016 06:02 PM

9886 pipe/032 header

Z 07-31-2016 01:20 PM

Is there any other brand of fuel tank that would drop right into the serpent gt car without major modifications?

petersen114 08-17-2016 06:30 AM

Are the 2.0 upgrade kits still available???

1evo RRR Driver 08-19-2016 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody kno what body this is? And does it fit Mugen ?

Thanks

tonylunatic 08-20-2016 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver (Post 14641942)
Anybody kno what body this is? And does it fit Mugen ?

Thanks

MUGEN?? :weird: wrong thread:lol:

It's a Deltaplatik body. Check Deltaplatik USA.

The other Italian GT body maker is BYSM they make similar body's for European Rally game "GT8". http://www.bysm.it/pagine/gt_eng.html

I tried both brands before they are nice and thick, but not sure about the legality of using for a sanctioned ROAR race. I believe the Wing was the issue and the close similarity to the LOLA 1/8 body.

gurke 08-20-2016 06:07 PM

Hello again everybody,

I got 2 questions again if someone has some time left.

1. What can I do to get better acceleration at the end of the corner. It slips a lot at the rear when I accelerate out of the corner. I mean, I can't go full speed out of the corner, because it mostly does a pirouette. Camber? Toe? Springs?

2. I installed Werks Racing 2058 exhaust pipe but I just noticed it's an offroad pipe. I know I'm dumb. Does this affect the car in a negative way? I mean, is it really necessary to use an onroad pipe?

Thank you.

C@T 08-21-2016 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by gurke (Post 14642645)
Hello again everybody,

1. What can I do to get better acceleration at the end of the corner. It slips a lot at the rear when I accelerate out of the corner. I mean, I can't go full speed out of the corner, because it mostly does a pirouette. Camber? Toe? Springs?

Thank you.

Hi, we are racing the Cobra GT nearby in Saarbrücken, not to far away from you. It might be helpfull to visit us an exchange some experience.

We run only brushless cars, but have done a lot of work to opimize the suspension.

Have a look at: https://www.facebook.com/egtacht/

We run a series of races, with one of them on the LMCC-Circuit, you might know.

dan_vector 08-21-2016 07:13 AM

Hello again everybody,

2. I installed Werks Racing 2058 exhaust pipe but I just noticed it's an offroad pipe. I know I'm dumb. Does this affect the car in a negative way? I mean, is it really necessary to use an onroad pipe?

Thank you.

2.0 or 3.0? Need to know that as the differences are substantial and I do have some areas of setup that will help you depending on what version you have.

dan_vector 08-21-2016 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by petersen114 (Post 14638702)
Are the 2.0 upgrade kits still available???

Do you mean this? If so then yes....

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...1&cat=0&page=1

tonylunatic 08-21-2016 10:49 AM

Hello again everybody,

Thank you.

What car do you have? If it's a Serpent Cobra what version?

gurke 08-21-2016 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by dan_vector (Post 14643022)
2.0 or 3.0? Need to know that as the differences are substantial and I do have some areas of setup that will help you depending on what version you have.

Hi. Should be V1-V2 I think. I upgraded to 0° C hub and 0° steering block (alu) and shock springs are all gray.

Camber 1° front + 2° rear
Toe 0° front + can't be changed at the rear.

Also I use Sweep tires 45DEG.

gurke 08-21-2016 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by C@T (Post 14642885)
Hi, we are racing the Cobra GT nearby in Saarbrücken, not to far away from you. It might be helpfull to visit us an exchange some experience.

We run only brushless cars, but have done a lot of work to opimize the suspension.

Have a look at: https://www.facebook.com/egtacht/

We run a series of races, with one of them on the LMCC-Circuit, you might know.

Much appreciated but I only drive 4-5 times in a summer on parking lots. I'm not interested yet in professional driving as long as I'm not satisfied with the handling :-). Yes, i was on LMCC circuit 1-2 times.

MantisWorx 08-21-2016 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by gurke (Post 14643547)
Much appreciated but I only drive 4-5 times in a summer on parking lots. I'm not interested yet in professional driving as long as I'm not satisfied with the handling :-). Yes, i was on LMCC circuit 1-2 times.

If you are just playing around in parking lots your going to struggle with rear grip especially with tires that hard. Go to a purple rear spring, lay the rear shocks inside on the tower and increase your droop settings, try disconnecting the rear sway bar and see if it is better. In my experience natural rubber tires work better on unprepped parking lots, so try ALpha ultra softs.

dzipperfoong 08-21-2016 09:32 PM

hi serpent gt freaks,

im having a tiny problem with handling, especially the rear, it gives way too easily and slides all over when throttle out of corner.

fyi, currently setup is camber -3 front and rear -3.

may i know wats d correct downstop and ride height for track usage without the rear swaying too much out of corner?

MantisWorx 08-22-2016 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by dzipperfoong (Post 14643752)
hi serpent gt freaks,

im having a tiny problem with handling, especially the rear, it gives way too easily and slides all over when throttle out of corner.

fyi, currently setup is camber -3 front and rear -3.

may i know wats d correct downstop and ride height for track usage without the rear swaying too much out of corner?

read my post above yours and 3* is too much camber in the front especially if your having exit rear grip issues.:D

petersen114 08-25-2016 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by dan_vector (Post 14643028)

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...1&cat=0&page=1

Looking for this. http://www.serpent.com/product/600643

dan_vector 08-26-2016 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by petersen114 (Post 14648665)

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/Serpen..._p_498540.html

Here you go! First line on a quick Google Search...

mcsquish 08-29-2016 01:06 PM

I just wanted to give a congrats to Joaquin Jr. for the TQ and win at the GLC!

desotoracing 08-31-2016 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mcsquish (Post 14652809)
I just wanted to give a congrats to Joaquin Jr. for the TQ and win at the GLC!

Thank you! He drove awesome and the car and engine were running great.

Nexus 09-10-2016 06:05 PM

awesome and congrats.

Was there any video of the race?

blackrain 09-11-2016 08:51 PM

Are you guys running on road engines in your gt? Looking to switch to a .21 on road motor currently running a novarossi roma.

scary_jerry 09-11-2016 10:03 PM

GT engine

Originally Posted by blackrain (Post 14667552)
Are you guys running on road engines in your gt? Looking to switch to a .21 on road motor currently running a novarossi roma.

The safe answer here is 'no' on the 'on road engine' for GT. You want to steer towards an 'off road engine'. The lighter 1/8 scale cars can use different 'timing' in their ports to 'wind up quicker' and our GT cars are heavy and need the port timing to provide 'grunt' in the lower rpm range. By all means, if you only zip around parking lots and have enough room to get into a higher rpm windup, you can run whatever you want. Racers that must adhere to the ROAR sanctioning rules are buying a '5 port off road type motor with max 7mm inlet on carb'. You can run 3-4 or 5 port engines.

If you are not under the ROAR requirements keep the Roma for fun !! :cool:

blackrain 09-12-2016 05:11 AM

Thanks, that's what I figured the on road motors would be better used in a mrx6 or 977. I will look at getting another off road Norcross .21 either virtuous or bonito.

dan_vector 09-12-2016 07:31 AM

Out of interest what's that roma like in the GT??

invrtd 09-12-2016 07:45 AM

The Roma is a good GT motor. Used to run one until ROAR came out with the .21 5 port rule. Lot's of bottom end and good top end too. If I could still run a ROMA, I would be. Then Bonito is another good GT motor too. Prices are pretty good on these motors right now too.

dan_vector 09-12-2016 07:47 AM

I only asked because I've got one sat in a truggy that I don't run these days. I may stick it in the GT car for a session of fun then!

blackrain 09-12-2016 02:19 PM

You will love it in your GT very fun motor. I'm just looking for something with a little more top end. I have the urge to by another Gt car and I'm hoping maybe getting a new motor will kill that urge. If not I will have a motor ready for dropping in.

invrtd 09-16-2016 07:27 AM

Anyone know the size of the serpent Xtra Hard spring for the clutch. 1.1, 1.2 ?????

dan_vector 09-16-2016 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by invrtd (Post 14672588)
Anyone know the size of the serpent Xtra Hard spring for the clutch. 1.1, 1.2 ?????

1.0mm

MantisWorx 09-25-2016 08:13 PM

ROAR region 9 championships

5 Attachment(s)
Well not the results I wanted but overall a good weekend with the car. During the main my one way decided to make its way out so it would lock into second gear for a few laps and then shift fine for a few laps, kept it exciting if nothing else! 5 min or so before the end I had a 5 lap lead on second place and the throttle servo decided to let go.. I have been having brake issues all weekend thinking it was the actual brakes but now I realize it was the servo going bad. Besides that the handling was superb as I managed to beat my fast lap by almost a half second from yesterday. My midnight bench tuning worked out!
This was also the first chance I had to play with the novarossi MITO as the break in is finally done. So I played with gearing some. Car was much quicker with the 58t then the 56 , it just got on the pipe quicker. First gear I went one up on the pinion and it didn't really like that at least not with the 2015 pipe. I couldn't remove the pinion off of my old bell so I was stuck with it. I modded my engine for mid to high rpm power band and that's exactly what it did , you could actually hear it reach the power band. Sounded fantastic!
Next time out I will play with gearing/clutch more. Replace the one way and throttle servo and she will be good to go!
#Flocontrol
#serpent
#Desotoracing
#JZracing

FYI i ended up back to the same exact setup i used for TQ and fast lap at the Serpent challenge earlier this year.
Saturday i had a chance to test the aluminum clutch bell( Which is 14g lighter)back to back. and it really makes a significant difference mostly noticeable coming out of the turns, car really rockets out. So much so that i had to go with softer clutch springs to keep from killing the tires.

jpatrick 09-26-2016 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by dan_vector (Post 14667842)
Out of interest what's that roma like in the GT??

a friend let me run a serpent GT yesterday, great fun. will join you guys next summer

jpatrick 09-26-2016 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by jpatrick (Post 14683632)
a friend let me run a serpent GT yesterday, great fun. will join you guys next summer

forgot too ask..will more realistic bods be available anytime soon?

dan_vector 09-26-2016 09:06 PM

It's a great class. You'll love it.
As with any RC onroad class bodies are developed for performance and not always to look as realistic as some would like. That said Protoform have a pretty cool looking Corvette GT body as well as some cool Porsches from Delta Plastik. However for performance you've gotta be looking at the Sweep P1R or the JZRacing bodies. In my opinion they look pretty realistic and perform very well so an ideal compromise.

Joe Bailey 09-28-2016 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by dan_vector (Post 14643028)

WONT LET ME POST URL

I bought this kit this week but the Alloy rear hubs and front toe control brackets need other items to fit onto my Cobra GT RTR. Does anyone know which other parts i need?

dan_vector 09-28-2016 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Bailey (Post 14685961)
I bought this kit this week but the Alloy rear hubs and front toe control brackets need other items to fit onto my Cobra GT RTR. Does anyone know which other parts i need?

Are you trying to convert the RTR kit to a sudo race spec 3.0? If so then the 2.0 - 3.0 upgrade set would do the trick for you. P/N: 600717