Search
Like Tree1Likes

Lab C-02

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Capricorn is also the 2013 USA Nationals Champ as well. I heard they also just won in Italy.
Great Job DJ !!!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Randy.......

Here is the REDRC post for the Italy race.

http://www.redrc.net/2013/09/collari...hy/#more-71950

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do not think it is a better thing. It does have the big bore shocks, so the chance of traction roll is less. I think it is more about having a limited edition car and it comes with the big bore shocks instead of having to buy them separately.

In terms of performance it should be the same as a normal C02 with big bore shocks.

DJ Apolaro
Have you test the latest lower chassis with two opened holes in engine mount area and some more opennings bellow diffs?
I have notice that from the c01 to the c02 black they keep add flex.this is because the additives trend or the flex is always better?
Old 09-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Congratulations to Daan for winning the final round of the Dutch 1/10th nitro on-road championship at the AMCA Apledoorn track.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Great Job Daan!!!!!!!!

Capricorn is doing good......
Originally Posted by GREGORY!
Has anyone try the black car?how much better is it?
Thanks guys!

The car was really good the moment I put it on the track.

I ran a almost completely stock black edition, only ran my own shocktower and radiotray design, all other parts were standard.
I really start to like the new big bore shocks and the new chassis gives the car more grip without sacrificing corner speed.
The new carbon diffs are also very nice, better compared to the kevlar housings.
Plus the car just looks awesome in black.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats Daan
Old 10-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congratulations to Australian Champion Peter Jovanovic for winning the Australian Title 1/10 scale again. We weren't there and the picture below is an old one of Peter from my archives. Harry was there and perhaps he has a picture of the podium for us.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Shock

What's the different between running shocks with 3 hole shocks with 500cst VS 6 hole 1000cst
Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jjrctech
What's the different between running shocks with 3 hole shocks with 500cst VS 6 hole 1000cst
I don't know how the viscosity of the fluids compare, but more piston holes generate less pack and turbulence.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I was wondering if there is anyone that has purchased the black edition and how it worked box stock, along when with what other upgrades it might need. I am in between that car and the nt1 but the kit is a good chunk more. Thank you ahead of time for any feedback.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
I was wondering if there is anyone that has purchased the black edition and how it worked box stock, along when with what other upgrades it might need. I am in between that car and the nt1 but the kit is a good chunk more. Thank you ahead of time for any feedback.
It's an awesome kit which comes with everything you need. No optionals or upgrades needed.
Only items which are worth buying is the ones you use to tune the car to the tracks you will be racing on (springs, gearing anti rollbars etc).

I ran mine box stock with only slight setup changes to suit the track and the car was simply perfect. Won our last round of nationals in a quite dominant way, racing against some really fast guys.

If you want to upgrade the NT1 to the same specs as a C02 Black it will end up costing quite a bit more.
So the initial price is a bit cheaper but you do get a kit which simply works and already has all the best bits in the box.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

This the setup I'm currently using on my C02 Black:

http://www.capricornrc.nl/ExportBest...doorn&Type=pdf

I think it's a very nice base setup, it has been working well for me on different tracks. To run this setup you only need a 2,3mm rear arb and 500.000 diff oil to be able to run it with a stock BE.

Hereby I would also let you guys know that I'm no longer the owner of capricornrc.nl.
In june I've changed jobs and since then I simply didn't had the time to run the shop.

The shop will keep existing since my friend from abc-rc-shop.nl/ has taken over the shop from me.

Also I will keep driving Capricorn and keep providing support. I hope to have some more time now to do more racing and testing, didn't race a lot this season.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Is there anyone who has switched over to Capricorn from xray?
That being said, I'm asking because I'm thinking of doing it. Capricorn was and still is my first choice but never owned one. I never owned it because I just started racing in the summer of 2012 about half through the season and went with XRAY.
Since most guys at my local tracks ran the NT1 And my lack of experience towards everything in the hobby and racing. Durability also was a big reason too.
Since I can now work on my car, stay off the boards most of the day and get my car pretty dialed without asking too many questions I'm gonna make the switch for the 2014 season.
Can someone who has made the switch tell me the difference between the 2 and if it's a switch worth making?
Thanks is advance
Old 10-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JOE SI
Is there anyone who has switched over to Capricorn from xray?
That being said, I'm asking because I'm thinking of doing it. Capricorn was and still is my first choice but never owned one. I never owned it because I just started racing in the summer of 2012 about half through the season and went with XRAY.
Since most guys at my local tracks ran the NT1 And my lack of experience towards everything in the hobby and racing. Durability also was a big reason too.
Since I can now work on my car, stay off the boards most of the day and get my car pretty dialed without asking too many questions I'm gonna make the switch for the 2014 season.
Can someone who has made the switch tell me the difference between the 2 and if it's a switch worth making?
Thanks is advance
At the end of 2010 I made the switch from Xray to Capricorn.
The first time I put the car on the track I was sure I made the right decision. Even though I was already running a lot of Capricorn parts on my Xray it was quite a big difference. The Capricorn simply does everything faster: acceleration, braking, steering.
Most of this comes from the lightweight drivetrain and low and centered CoG.
The only minus is the wear on the gearbox parts if you ask me. Because the car uses a very small gearbox it also wears a bit quicker. But this is also reason why it will out accelerate any other car.
On the other hand the outdrives and driveshafts last a lot longer compared to the Xray ones.
In terms of durability during crashes it can match the Xray, when I had my shop I rarely sold plastics since they don't break.

To quote two friends who drive an NT1 and KM, after they had driven my C02: "Driving this car is cheating, just like using additive"
Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
At the end of 2010 I made the switch from Xray to Capricorn.
The first time I put the car on the track I was sure I made the right decision. Even though I was already running a lot of Capricorn parts on my Xray it was quite a big difference. The Capricorn simply does everything faster: acceleration, braking, steering.
Most of this comes from the lightweight drivetrain and low and centered CoG.
The only minus is the wear on the gearbox parts if you ask me. Because the car uses a very small gearbox it also wears a bit quicker. But this is also reason why it will out accelerate any other car.
On the other hand the outdrives and driveshafts last a lot longer compared to the Xray ones.
In terms of durability during crashes it can match the Xray, when I had my shop I rarely sold plastics since they don't break.

To quote two friends who drive an NT1 and KM, after they had driven my C02: "Driving this car is cheating, just like using additive"
Thanks, capricorn it is for next season
Old 10-29-2013, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

DS, do the new kits come with big bores?
Or should I order those with the kit? I can't find it anywhere if they do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.