Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Lab C-02

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Default Shock LBS

Dear all could some post the Capricorn Shock pressure in LBS.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Maybe the wrong group to ask but I am wondering if this car is a bad choice for a novice driver as I will likely be running into more things than those who win with the car. An xray has been suggested because it will weather the bumps and bruises of an amateur driver, and less likely to tweak. (sorry if you hate this question, but i want to be realistic about what I should get while improving as a driver). Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Maybe the wrong group to ask but I am wondering if this car is a bad choice for a novice driver as I will likely be running into more things than those who win with the car. An xray has been suggested because it will weather the bumps and bruises of an amateur driver, and less likely to tweak. (sorry if you hate this question, but i want to be realistic about what I should get while improving as a driver). Thanks
Hi Jason,

You always welcome to ask, we are just happy to see you have thought of the Capricorn C02, its a really awesome car :-)..

If you want to upgrade to a professional RC car like the Capricorn, Xray or any other brand out there I think it´s just as important that you have somebody at your local club who can help you with set-up and adjustment of engine, clutch and 2speed gear. None of the cars will run good if any of those things is not set-up or adjusted correctly.

But not to go to much into details now, then if you have good help then go for it :-), you can only lean and get better, its all about practice ;-)...

Regarding the bumps and bruises question, the Cap can take quite a lot, but as with any brand you sometimes experience a major crash and almost nothing happens and at other times you just hit a little curb or have a minor roll and something breaks. So what I´m trying to say is it always depends on how you crash, into what and how the car lands/hits something..

Me and my drivers do not break more on our Capricorn cars than the Xray´s, Serpent, Mugen or Sherpherd drivers we are running against do.

So if you are interested in a Cap C02, I would go for it :-)...

I do not know where you are located, but I´ll be glad to give you an offer on one and also give you any support needed with set-up or other.

We are located in Denmark, Sweden and Norway and also sell world wide, so it´s no problem to help where ever you are located.

You can always PM me and I´ll be glad to help you out if you decide for a Cap...

Thanks,

Niko
Old 12-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

They are a LOT Tougher than they look. Niko summed it up regarding support at your local track, if all the guys run an Xray then that may be more sensible, but if you still want the Cap, go for it, awesome car!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

What is the best full size front bumper for this car? i was looking at the mtx5. Is this a direct fit? thx
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've seen the 747 bumper being used. Also the XRay wide bumper fits too
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

What is the best full size front bumper for this car? i was looking at the mtx5. Is this a direct fit? thx
The Xray bumper is a direct fit.

For the MTX-5 bumper you have to cut the front of the chassis and modify it quite a bit.

For the 747 bumper you have to modify the two outer holes a bit, takes 5 minutes.

However the MTX-5 and 747 bumper can't be connected to the upper bumper plate so the tips on the bumper start to sag and will be dragging across the track. You can solve this by fitting a spring to the bumper or a carbon brace.
The 747 and MTX-5 ones look a lot better than the Xray version though...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Almost ready to hit the track

Finally got my C02 WC edition almost ready to hit the track but I'm a little paranoid about running without a receiver box. The weight saving of running without the box isn't going to send me to the next worlds

I decided to 3D print some brackets to mount the NT1 receiver box to the existing holes in the top deck. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Simon
Attached Thumbnails Lab C-02-3d-printed-receiver-box-brackets.jpg  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
Finally got my C02 WC edition almost ready to hit the track but I'm a little paranoid about running without a receiver box. The weight saving of running without the box isn't going to send me to the next worlds

I decided to 3D print some brackets to mount the NT1 receiver box to the existing holes in the top deck. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Simon
Nice work Simon. Looks good. It will make you feel a little better having it that way when she hits the track for her " maiden rip".
All the best.
BM
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty

Regards,

Simon
I was going o try the mtx5 Rx box, groskamp used it at the worlds and looks like little to no modification
Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

I've also designed a receiver box for my car:

This one has been designed around the Sanwa RX-471 receiver and has been made to fit my version of the C02.

If you guys are interested I can come up with a version which fits the original C02 radiotray and a bigger variety of receivers.
The whole box will be 3D printed so I can even make different designs for different receivers. I will also incorporate a mount for the antenna.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I've also designed a receiver box for my car:

This one has been designed around the Sanwa RX-471 receiver and has been made to fit my version of the C02.

If you guys are interested I can come up with a version which fits the original C02 radiotray and a bigger variety of receivers.
The whole box will be 3D printed so I can even make different designs for different receivers. I will also incorporate a mount for the antenna.
Very cool man! You night wanna take a look at the gear mesh thou.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ds Motorsport / blis Quick question, have you guys tested different steering servos? (Regular n low profile). I think it's on the co1 thread where a guy said a few pros suggested a certain jr servo, but I looked up that servo n the specs for torque aren't high at all......should I just get a servo that is normally used for 1/8 and forget about it?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Ds Motorsport / blis Quick question, have you guys tested different steering servos? (Regular n low profile). I think it's on the co1 thread where a guy said a few pros suggested a certain jr servo, but I looked up that servo n the specs for torque aren't high at all......should I just get a servo that is normally used for 1/8 and forget about it?
Evo, we are still using the savox low profile for steering. Luke has just switched over to a full size fast Orion (which is said to be a rebadged savox) to see if there's an improvement. We have plenty of steering on our C02s and none of our savox servos have failed.

Having said that, ever since buying better quality servos, we've never had servo failures. Our servo wires just get shorter and shorter, Hanson Hobbies has the crimper and that keeps everything in check.

We are currently a little over one second behind the top runners and I assume there's a number of factors in that time, one of which being better servos. So if you are about to buy new ones, get the best Futaba, JR, KO etc. I suppose we tend to get complacent when components don't fail with longer intervals to upgrading.

Let us know what you think of your upgrade.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
The only servo worth buying at the moment is the Kopropo RSX One10 if you ask me. It ticks all the boxes, low profile, high voltage, fast, strong and a very nice feel. Despite being a low profile servo it's strong enough to be used as a steering servo in a 1/8.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.