Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EC A 1/10 IC TRACK, Ettlingen, Germany on road 15-20 august

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TomB
it's probably cheaper for a privateer (as DSmotorsports said) to allow compound. I mean, what's the big deal? you put it on and race. it's $20 worth, as opposed to the headache of having to pre cut tyres hours in advance and spend extra cutting more tyres than needed so they can get tested (cutting 6 tyres instead of 4 sounds like a pain in the arse to me).
What if you have different fluids to treat the tires?
- Do you need to prepare an extra set of tires per fluid? (and so making extra costs)
- can you change the traction fluid on one tire if the trackconditions are changing?

Do not get me wrong but in electrics there is also a war going on about programable ESC's, there is too much knowledge needed to race competive and so the zero degree rules were introduced. With to much needed knowledge the privateer with less time and money will drop off making such events less interesting as some has mentioned before. Look at the parking lot racers, if we make our sport more difficult they will not step in and we will fade out like dinosaurs.....
Old 08-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof
- Do you need to prepare an extra set of tires per fluid? (and so making extra costs)
- can you change the traction fluid on one tire if the trackconditions are changing?

Do not get me wrong but in electrics there is also a war going on about programable ESC's, there is too much knowledge needed to race competive and so the zero degree rules were introduced. With to much needed knowledge the privateer with less time and money will drop off making such events less interesting as some has mentioned before. Look at the parking lot racers, if we make our sport more difficult they will not step in and we will fade out like dinosaurs.....
+ vacuum machines are being used so the tyres get fully soaked with souce right to the wheel! And can it go much further? I tell you that it can … The cost of souce is not what matters. What matters is which tires with which souce on which track … here you have a perfect formula for costs.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
+ vacuum machines are being used so the tyres get fully soaked with souce right to the wheel! And can it go much further? I tell you that it can … The cost of souce is not what matters. What matters is which tires with which souce on which track … here you have a perfect formula for costs.
good god what a headache i take it back! ban sauce! lol
Old 08-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Geberit
Indeed, Ik have heard that in Italy people do bring small electric ovens with them to warm the tires/sauce. As an organiser you do not want this as well because to much will blow fuses.....
Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TomB
good god what a headache i take it back! ban sauce! lol
I would recommend you this one. It fits a few sets of tires
Attached Thumbnails EC A 1/10 IC TRACK, Ettlingen, Germany on road 15-20 august-vacuum-chamber.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

So the procedure would be like this!

1. Put the tires in the vacuum chamber with a little sauce and let them soak right to the rim. 5min would be fine.

2. Put the tires in the oven for about 35min at 60 degrees Celsius.

3. The ''dinner'' can be served on any type of dish (Serpent, Mugen, Xray...)
Attached Thumbnails EC A 1/10 IC TRACK, Ettlingen, Germany on road 15-20 august-electric_oven.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Suspended

And why did you did not make a complain to that driver?

Such rules can only be waterproof if drivers do help.
Ehm, what do you think?

What you wrote above here is realy nonsence, what do you think happens in other foam tire clases like 1/12? at the end it al comes to 1 or 2 brands. On the other side, your tire wear will be lower...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Indeed, Ik have heard that in Italy people do bring small electric ovens with them to warm the tires/sauce. As an organiser you do not want this as well because to much will blow fuses.....
In Italy we use thermal blankets as in electric touring cars. Most people put tires in the sun. Who said anything about the oven?
In italia utilizziamo le termocoperte come nel touring elettrico. Molte persone mettono le gomme al sole. Chi ha parlato di forno?

Last edited by nazarc; 08-24-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

want to know how to use the additive?
Traditional method:
- Turning the tires for the qualifying, place an hour before qualifying the additive on the tires. Place tires in the sun. On the front tires, putting an additive only on the inner half. On the whole rear tire.
- Using this method, the effect lasts for the first 5-10 minutes. The final so without additive.

Proven method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDsb_M-4KJo
Old 08-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nazarc
In Italy we use thermal blankets as in electric touring cars. Most people put tires in the sun. Who said anything about the oven?
In italia utilizziamo le termocoperte come nel touring elettrico. Molte persone mettono le gomme al sole. Chi ha parlato di forno?

Hei ..I'm Italian too and I can say you for sure that there is some drivers here that are trying with using ovens to make the foam compound working better

...but I also saw some wheels coming off the car with no reason! (I'm talking about some top drivers at the 1/8 Italian Champ in Bologna) and this rims were the ones that were in the oven some minutes before. What happens is that the rims reacts in some bad way to the waves of the oven and probably the composite material get softer or so...
Old 08-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Traditional method:
- Turning the tires for the qualifying, place an hour before qualifying the additive on the tires. Place tires in the sun. On the front tires, putting an additive only on the inner half. On the whole rear tire.
- Using this method, the effect lasts for the first 5-10 minutes. The final so without additive.

Proven method:
Can you translate for us
Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Traditional method:

Proven method:
So,an hour before the quals completely sauce all the rear tires surface and the inner half of the front tires surface.Place tires in the sunlight.Done.
Sauce lasts 5-10 minutes so you'll run the final without any sauce left on the tire.
è corretto nazarc?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
Hei ..I'm Italian too and I can say you for sure that there is some drivers here that are trying with using ovens to make the foam compound working better

...but I also saw some wheels coming off the car with no reason! (I'm talking about some top drivers at the 1/8 Italian Champ in Bologna) and this rims were the ones that were in the oven some minutes before. What happens is that the rims reacts in some bad way to the waves of the oven and probably the composite material get softer or so...
Hello. In Bologna this method? Is old and inefficient. Go at Fiorano, where there is the track (even Valentino Rossi runs them with cars) ... they are experts. Who uses the oven is taken for a madman. Thermal blankets (electric), ... much bette
Old 08-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
So,an hour before the quals completely sauce all the rear tires surface and the inner half of the front tires surface.Place tires in the sunlight.Done.
Sauce lasts 5-10 minutes so you'll run the final without any sauce left on the tire.
è corretto nazarc?
Exactly. The additive (sauce) does not penetrate far into the rubber. The method "of the sun" you can use it in the summer ... if you have electric blankets is better .....
Old 08-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wingracer
Can you translate for us
Ok .. a glance:

- Sprinkle sauce tires as shown.
- Put the tires in the electric blanket for 15-20 minutes at 60-70 °
- Remove the tires and put them in a celofan (plastic bag) for 2 days
- After 2 days, remove they from celofan and left in the dark and the air.
- then 2 additional cycles with electric blankets.
Now they are ready.
On race day reheat and get on track.

This method is laborious but it is much more effective.
On 1 / 10 the effect of the sauce you can barely perceive, generally no longer used in the final race.
The problem is that at some stage of the competition determine how far the tires turning on the spot ..... .. also the hardness. With this method you must have them ready for days. On 1 / 8 the difference is remarkable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.