Wiki Posts
Search

Tire Sauce ... To Do or Not To Do

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tire Sauce ... To Do or Not To Do

Ok, Well the time has come for the discussion.

First I would like to see a your vote, Yes or No as to allowing the use of sauce and then your explaination as to why or why not.

Let the discussion begin

Last edited by CFowler; 07-31-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CFowler
Ok, Well the time has come for the discussion.

First I would like to see a your vote, Yes or No as to allowing the use of sauce and then your explaination as to why or why not.

Let the discussion begin
don't care either way as long as it's not mandatory to use it.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Up until the Worlds at Homestead, I thought sauce was only used for electric carpet racing. Who knew!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It should be allowed in every class period !!! Give all the racers all the advantages there are, so nobody complains about others using it .....
Old 07-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
don't care either way as long as it's not mandatory to use it.
I care. Its work plus a added cost to our hobby. Once everyone is using it there is no advantage to using it other than making more work for ourselves plus adding cost to our already expensive hobby. The extra 12 bucks isn't going to stop me from racing but I just don't see the use in it. The cat is out of the bag now so everyone has to use it or suffer a disadvantage to those who are using it. I'd like to see it go away asap. The issue is how would you police it without making a ton of work for people hosting races? I don't see it going away any time soon but I wish it would.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

if it can not be tested for economically , or accurately then it should be legal
as it would put a group of racers at a disadvantage then, as long as it is legal
for all it would level the field
Old 07-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
It should be allowed in every class period !!! Give all the racers all the advantages there are, so nobody complains about others using it .....
I do see it otherwise: why not driving with the disadvantages as most others (privateers) drive?

I have seen the toplevel guys getting faster over the years. I am running on 0.7 to 1 seccond a lap behind it. If the advantage of 0.4sec is true then this is fooling all others and then it seems I am not that worse afterall. If it is forbidden by rules then no one should use it.

May the best tire win or may the best tire sauce win or more worst: may the best combination of tire and sauce win ?
I do think no one is waiting for a war on that, that will cost a lot of money for those who hardly can afford it.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

While I agree that we would all be better off not using it, the only ways to enforce it are even worse. Until a good way to test for it is found, it should be allowed.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

It will be more labor, time and money for the racer to use it. How many times have you heard you have to earn it.
To ban it and figure out someway to enforce the ban...good luck.
Leave the ROAR rule book alone.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

It is impossible to test for tire additive in any practical way trackside....it should be allowed by default as a result.

If you can not test for it why would you bother to make a rule about it!?!?! Gentlemens agreement..good luck with that.

Only realistic option is to use a control tire and that is just more work for track crew at large events.

The testing methods are a joke....so many different things can be used as tire additive no way to test for everything so why bother to test at all and make such a big deal about it.

"Optimizing" the rules is the nature of any competitive sport or hobby some people are clever and will always figure out different tricks.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

So this is the official saute chanel
Old 08-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
So this is the official saute chanel
Yeah, I love to use some hot sauce when I saute up some meat.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Tire sauce is not expensive !!! Just about anything could be used as tire additive: water, juice, even your own saliva ...etc... In dry tire conditions, it saves money by refreshing old tires that would be unusable otherwise !!! The issue here is the insecurity of some rc racers coupled with their culture of endless complaining in order to make sure that everyone else only follow in their footsteps !!!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Everyone here has a valid point, so no need to critize the opposing opinion. The fact is it cannot be effectively governed, so make it all legal. I know i hated the whole process when I had to use it on rubber tire, seemed like a full out waste of time. Now if I have to use it in nitro sedan, i doubt if I will and if it becomes a factor, i doubt i'll put any effort into using it other than rubbing it on and going out.

Hopefully if it does become a big factor in tuning, the tire companies will come up with a way to make their tires just as fast so those that don't want to be bothered with the wipe on, let sit, wipe off 5-90 minute process don't have to deal with it. Whatever happened to learning to setup your car?

I'm exaggerating on time, so those of you waiting to repond negatively, go take a hike.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Tire sauce is not expensive !!! Just about anything could be used as tire additive: water, juice, even your own saliva ...etc... In dry tire conditions, it saves money by refreshing old tires that would be unusable otherwise !!! The issue here is the insecurity of some rc racers coupled with their culture of endless complaining in order to make sure that everyone else only follow in their footsteps !!!
Boy you sure nailed that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.