Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MartynD
Anyone running a spool in the rear?

Hate messing with gear oils....
I've tried it, it was a bit faster but the car went so hard to drive, the rear end was VERY hard to control out of the corners.
The times to use spool is most likely when it's super-grip and using a GTP-style body
Old 07-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Was there a lot higher tire wear running the spool as well?

I am a newb to foam tires, this past Saturday was my first real day of track time with the car (which is my first nitro). By the end of the day... likely 8-10 tanks if not more, I had ruined 2 pairs of front tires (hitting stuff) and the left rear was alot smaller than the right rear.

Lessons learned: Stop hitting stuff... switch the tires left to right between runs if you can..

Complete novice with nitro and foam tires, quite a few knowledgeable people helped me out, but in some cases they don't realize the small things us newbs need to know. Wasn't anyone else's fault but my own, but still a fairly costly practice day.

About hitting stuff... The ballcup that attaches to the steering rack popped off quite often (hitting stuff again)
I was thinking about converting to Xray style ball links, but before I do... by using stronger ball links do I risk damaging the steering servo? Are there better solutions?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, I took a look at the RDlogics site after I asked about finding spare parts, and had a question.

They have optional parts for the car listed there, but what if you need a kit replacement part? Do you just drop them an email with a part number from the manual to order that kind of stuff?

Or did I just miss the regular spare parts listing somewhere on the site?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes Darkseid, you didn't search enough
This link takes you to spares (i hope)

MartynD. Yes, the rear tire wore alot more with the track conditions and setup i tried the solid axle.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sparx
The Serpent seals i use looks like they're discontinued, i got them from my LHS who had some laying around.
The seals that's from the V-One RR is the exact same thoguh but i can't find any part numbers. I'll go see if i still have the bag around somewhere.

Thanks, i will wait for news about you ...

Old 07-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sparx
Yes Darkseid, you didn't search enough
This link takes you to spares (i hope)
Your right! If I missed that, I certainly didn't search enough.

I feel like the idiot at the supermarket who ask where to find something and the store clerk points and says 'you mean that thing behind you'!

Thanks Sparx
Old 07-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Thanks, i will wait for news about you ...

Can't find the bags so i don't have any idea about the part numbers, sad thing it isn't stated in the RR manual too..
Old 07-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

Somebody knows if this Wheel Axle fit on the G4 front and rear hubs ? ... as i see the measures for the inner bearing (10x15) and outer one (6x13) are identical ... this is from Mugen MTX3 ... :

Thanks for any info ...

Old 07-26-2005, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hi guys,

Somebody knows if this Wheel Axle fit on the G4 front and rear hubs ? ... as i see the measures for the inner bearing (10x15) and outer one (6x13) are identical ... this is from Mugen MTX3 ... :

Thanks for any info ...

I know that Mugen MTX3 universals fit so the axles should fit also.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

I was replacing some of the pullies and I accidentally bought a 18 tooth brake pulley instead of a 19.Is this a problem or can I use it with the stock belt??
Old 07-26-2005, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by fordman500
I was replacing some of the pullies and I accidentally bought a 18 tooth brake pulley instead of a 19.Is this a problem or can I use it with the stock belt??
You can use it, but you will need the rear belt tensioner.
That pulley will over drive your rear end a bit. This will cause the car to push. the only way to counter act this would be to run a slightly larger front tire.

Kinda think of it, you would probably be better off ordering the correct pulley unless you are ready to experiment.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I believe putting an 18 tooth pulley in the rear will make the rear tires spin slower, not faster, you would need a slightly Smaller front tire than rear to compensate. The main reason you would want to get the proper pulley for the rear belt would be for belt tension, without a rear tensioner the belt will be pretty loose.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fordman500
I recommend you to order the correct brake pulley (19T), if not the car will not work propertly
Old 07-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Uneke is right, the rear will be overdriven with the 18T pulley and the front tyre would need to be big enough to compensate if you wanted to get even drive.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

I will get the right one,but what would be the reason you would put in a smaller gear.I also noticed there is a 20 tooth gear as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.