Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Gave my Mongoose its first shakedown run of the year over the weekend. Its still as good as ever. I was actually considering taking a year off from nitro this year, but after running the car, thats no longer gonna happen.

It also reinforced the fact that I see no need to 'upgrade' to whatever this new car is that RDLogics has. My $199 Mongoose is still competitive against even the newest of nitros out there from all the companies.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yep, alot of it is the driver not the car
Old 05-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just got my Mongoose kit today and it's one sweet looking car for the price. The parts are high quality and its construction is similar to those 8th scalers. I can see why some people say it's cramped for the electronics but that's a good thing IMO. Low CG and narrow chassis are two important things for awesome handling and this car has it!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Your so right........!

Hey,
Your right on about the G4 Mongoose. Team Magic were very clever in making a Low Centre of Gravity one , if not THE main point in the development of the G4.
There has been a further development from the G4 Mongoose you have now if your interested.
The improvement involves the layout of the electronics mainly and from that, the weight distribution of the car.
In keeping with Team Magic's endevour to be able to upgrade any of the previous G4 evolutions, to the new car, the G4s, or at least the main points of the new car. Thire new upgrade kit is now available.
If you would like more details of this, drop me a message, I can give you the low down.

Tony
Old 05-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah I know about the G4s. I will stick with the mongoose for now and eventually upgrade later. Any tips and tricks on assembling and setup?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

I am also going to run the Mongoose for this year and if I come to like Nitro touring alot then I may upgrade or just buy the G4S. Some setup tips would realy help. looking forward to becoming a member of the G4 family
Old 05-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I too have seen the G4S upgrade. But I am left to wonder if its really worth it to pay more for an upgrade than I paid for the car originally.

I mean the upgrade looks good, especially the included special receiver pack. But considering how much important stuff will carry over from this car to the new one, has THAT much really been changed to improve the car? I mean is re-distributing the weight slightly, changing the steering, and a couple other replacements really worth $245.

Maybe I will try the upgrade at some point, but for now, the Mongoose is handling great, so I see no reason to change.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I WAS planning to get the upgrade kit for my Mongoose, but I change my mind as G4S kit give more then just the convertion but a lot more good stuff, so I give up on waiting for convertion kit and straight to G4S. I have no regret at all.

I sold the non-interchangable part of my Mongoose (a lot of Aluminium bling bling) in low , use the G4S part as spare and fuse the 2 together, now I have a G4S with a lot of parts to crash
Old 05-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default upgrade kit

You can get the upgrade kit now for alot less than $245 ! ($192.)
But if you want to stick with the stock G4 for now, its still a great car.

BILL BLAZE
Set ups are such a personal thing and also down to the type of track you intend to run on. Parking lot, smooth concrete etc.
By personal I mean the way you want the car to act on the track.

I could give you a set up which I like on a typical parking lot and you may hate it.

But if you'd still like I'll send you one.
If you want to go with something of your own remember these few points.....
The car likes plenty of camber and toe in at the rear.
go for stiffer oil in the front than the rear but the springing could be the same or even slightly stiffer rear.
I would also start with quite large tire diameter, 62 or bigger.

Hope this is of some help.
Tony
Old 05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Im going to be doing some parking lot racing first. If you can send me that setup it would help alot. You can PM me if you want.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys.

I understand this forum is for RDLogics Mongoose.
SO why are you talking about the G4S.
RDLogics has perfectly good upgrades already out for the Mongoose.
Lets pull together and make come up with setups and engineered ideas
for the Mongoose. Thats what this forum is for right?

So correct me if I'm wrong but, Lets work on the Mongoose and not just take the G4S as a solution.
Newer Kits from RDLogics come already with upgrades.
Recently started testing the car and its great.
I'll be testing a Differential Front axle instead of the One way.
And a Rear Ball differential.
Have any one done any testing on that?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

tt
Old 05-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EagleOne2006
Hi Guys.

I understand this forum is for RDLogics Mongoose.
SO why are you talking about the G4S.
RDLogics has perfectly good upgrades already out for the Mongoose.
Lets pull together and make come up with setups and engineered ideas
for the Mongoose. Thats what this forum is for right?

So correct me if I'm wrong but, Lets work on the Mongoose and not just take the G4S as a solution.
Newer Kits from RDLogics come already with upgrades.
Recently started testing the car and its great.
I'll be testing a Differential Front axle instead of the One way.
And a Rear Ball differential.
Have any one done any testing on that?
With all due respect, the G4s is just the evolution of the Mongoose (which as we all know is a rebadged/reboxed TM G4 Evo). If you read through this forum you will see all the engineering effort that went into making the G4s what it is today. The ball diff, front diffs and spools and steering changes and shock setups are all here for you to see.

So I guess my point is, since you can add a G4s upgrade kit to your Mongoose, and RD Logics no longer seems to have access to the new cars, would your mongoose be any less of a mongoose if you did?
Old 05-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am aware of the Mongoose's history.
But as a racer, its not enough for me that a forum of racers simple answer to better performance is UPGRADE.
In our team we have a race whipping BUTT with a GT4.
Setup is what will bring the car to the front, All PRO'S know this.
Lets get good Setup Info to the boys out there and not just talk about
upgrades and spending money.
What I've seen in this forum is not much compared with Serpent forums.
Lets get the G4 class cars and the new-bees up front, and not just empty
their pockets.
I'm triing to keep my G4 as stock as possible. Upgrade only what TRUELY effects performance and Durability. I understand that the G4s is an upgrade from Mongoose, But most of us are working with the Mongoose KIT.
There is a different Forum for the G4S.
We have new-bees looking for answers. Those of us with experience should help with answers, Help them to Better Drive thier Car before UPGRADING, so
they can feel and utilize the upgrade to the fullest.
Don't want to offend anyone. Don't mean any disrespect, but these are my thoughts. Maybe I should pull out of this Forum if all its about is upgrades and people triing to sell them.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i'm new here & to the g4 car but i like the car alot. i just got a used g4 that has been upgraded past a mongoose. the only thing i want to change on it is the steering. motorman was working on one & thats the one i want. looks great. i like my chassis & my setup the way it is over the g4s. i hope motorman or someone will have a upgrade for that or a parts list for that upgrade. i went through all 68 pages alot of info & the only thing i really want to do is the steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.