Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.12 engines

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default .12 engines

I was looking at getting a new rc car. I have the mugen mtx 2 with the nova mt 12. I saw i guy selling a hpi r40 hara edition with 2 picco motors 1 is the roar 7 port and the other is the jlr red dot for 400. Just wanted to get some opinions and also i was wondering where can i pick up a fast modded engine these days?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kcazz
I was looking at getting a new rc car. I have the mugen mtx 2 with the nova mt 12. I saw i guy selling a hpi r40 hara edition with 2 picco motors 1 is the roar 7 port and the other is the jlr red dot for 400. Just wanted to get some opinions and also i was wondering where can i pick up a fast modded engine these days?

Have you done a search to see if you can still get parts for the HPI r40? I would start there. Personally I would go with one of the more current cars.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Yea my lhs still carrys parts just not sure for how long. Whats somthing you would recommend? I was looking at hpi because i had couple rs4 evos just for bashing and they were pretty straight foward and easy to work on.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I drive a Serpent but I'm a hard core racer. You should get the car that is supported by your local hobby store. If it were me I would still go for a more current car ie.. Serpent ,Xray, Shepherd,Mugen.

Pass you soon...
Old 05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yea my lhs still carrys parts just not sure for how long. Whats somthing you would recommend? I was looking at hpi because i had couple rs4 evos just for bashing and they were pretty straight foward and easy to work on.
Might I “pipe” in and recommend the Xray NT1R part # 330100. This car is priced right and has the parts support you need. My younger daughter runs this car competitively with just universals added in the front. Of course I admit I am a little biased but check it out.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default 2c

When the Mtx5 is released.. there'll be a lot of good used MTX4's .. great cars and wouldnt hurt to see how many parts (bearing, ball joints rods and pins your MTX2 can be used as spares.