Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Here is my opinion....

BODY - that is a tough one. Are we talking about GT now? Or BTTC/WTCC or JMTC or whatever TC racing.....? Because, when IGT came out...it is all based on GT cars, no matter 2 doors or 4 doors, it is still a GT cars body shape. And those LOLA type embedded wing design should NOT be legal as there are no such GT car was designed that way. If someone need to prove it, please provide a picture of a LEGAL GT chassis (real car) that has the LeMan type of rear portion and they are still legal to race against other like Nissan GT-R, Ferrari, Audi or Bentley....
Only Kyosho makes officially licensed bodies that fit our GT cars.

What is our GT class going to do if they’re not readily available in hobby shops again, as they were before in the past years few years?

How many IGT2 or 360mm wheelbase length bodies can you buy right now today?

You don’t really think those other “bootleg” or unauthorized & unlicensed bodies are going to get away with it forever, do you?

Just something to think about.......
Old 04-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GASSPRINT1
i like that response jspeed. doesn't matter what engine i run wether it's my 21xp platinum or my new modded 454 losi engine, i'll still have to let off but maybe not as much when i try a 19/46 gearing i have. way better than the oval gearing i ran which was 16/48. haven't seen how far at top speed i could go with that gearing yet. the 28th i will be useing that gearing with the modded 454 losi engine on a 10th mile gocart track at BMI speedway in ohio..guna be fun..
Have any pictures of the BMI track?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J-MAN
seen it in action this past weekend.
Where's all the pictures of all the GT bodies that also ran there?
Sure is quiet........
Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Folks, I like hearing all the information it helps us in NW understand what the rest of the country is doing and what we should be looking at to keep having fun at a reasonable price. We are blessed here in the great NW with more than our share of great tracks and organizations to race with. The Folks at TimeZone accepted the local GT drivers bid for a spot to race our cars in their premier event. We would love to have you all there. Please take a moment and ask the participants of last years event and see if they had a good time. I will convey this one more time.. The track owners at TimeZone accepted our class and rules without any questions (as did the Rose City Scale Racers) and said invite some GT guys up.... if you have enough entries we will make a spot and welcome all of you...
They asked us the racers what rules we wanted to run this year (2012) we all agreed to a spec tire... kept the $200 dollar motor rule.

I am sorry I hurt anyones feelings when i mentioned that i heard a rumor that a molded wing body was banned... Sorry JEFF! Good luck with the new body...

I posted it again... so you can read ALL of it.
Jeff, please go away and post your information on another thread where you are welcome. This is why I asked you to leave last year at this time. you respected that last year and I hope you can do the same this year...

No division, respect or disrespect.. we wanted to start racing the GT class here in the northwest.. we wanted some ideas... we got them... we used them.... we still have the same rules as last year... not rocket science.. We wanted to grow a class; we did so... if want to come race with us great, if not, great... we are having a blast with them, if the class dies nationaly due to internal class fighting .. fine.. We will keep racing them as long as we can get parts and paticipents... when the class dies, I will go race open 1/8scale.. I already purchased a car.. I have a 1/10 as well..
Bottom line is we are enjoing it... we asked Timezone if they would let us have a class at the GP ... they said sure( bless their hearts).. invite some guys to come up... we did.. we had a great time... If they want to come again.. great.. if not fine... if TimeZone says NO CLASS due to Rules // meaning we the participants can not come to an agreement//and lack of participation ... FINE..they will look at another class to run... no skin off my ass. TRUE, IT was my idea to invite everyone one here... if you dont want to come DON'T...
But dont ball and bitch about it... Just shut the Hell up and say home!

Jeff and everyone else that does not want to come and have fun... Please stay home.. it's not hard to figure out..
Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default BMI TRACK

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Have any pictures of the BMI track?
here's the website for the track. pics are toward the bottom of the videos. why they have no 8th scale pics or vids, i don't know but you can see carts on it an see its size.....
Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

here's the website for the track. pics are toward the bottom of the videos. why they have no 8th scale pics or vids, i don't know but you can see carts on it an see its size.....
Got the link?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Clete Landefeld;10610895]

No division, respect or disrespect.. we wanted to start racing the GT class here in the northwest..

if the class dies nationaly due to internal class fighting .. fine..... when the class dies, I will go race open 1/8scale.. I already purchased a car.. I have a 1/10 as well..

.... if TimeZone says NO CLASS due to Rules and lack of participation ... FINE..they will look at another class to run... no skin off my ass.... if you dont want to come DON'T...

... Please stay home.. it's not hard to figure out..[/
QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are your words chete, the rest of the "fluff" inbetween isn't fooling anyone!

Yo chete, I’ve been trying to remain politically correct with you for the harmony of GT racing, but that’s over, I hear a jerkoff like you deserve nothing.

1st, you didn’t start and you weren’t even part of the GT racing community when our class began in America.

2nd, your remarks about not caring if GT racing dies or not and your ‘its no skin off your azz’ comment, just shows GT racers the real asshole you are towards the growth of GT racing.

3rd, refer to #1 & #2 because most every real GT racer around the world wants to see GT racing continue to grow in an inclusive manner; not the other way around.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Got the link?
opps, didn't work first time....here ya go

http://www.bmikarts.com/blog/?page_id=137
Old 04-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

opps, didn't work first time....here ya go

http://www.bmikarts.com/blog/?page_id=137
Thats a nice dirt oval, those taller gear ratios should be pretty good there.

Have fun!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

i hope so , esppecially with the 28 modded motor. hoping it shits an gets down the straights..lol
Old 04-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Folks, I like hearing all the information it helps us in NW understand what the rest of the country is doing and what we should be looking at to keep having fun at a reasonable price.

Jeff, please go away and post your information on another thread where you are welcome.
One last post chete & to your hater friends, in the hope to be done with you ……

Last time I checked the name of this thread it was “GT Rules and set-up information”, not the blab blab or the hate Warrior or lets start a rumor or lets spec tires for $56 dollars a set forum thread.

(Come to think of it, I was told that some company’s GT tires are offered to racers for only $40 a set…… at the more inclusive GT Only racing events, but you’ll have to ask around to be sure. lol)

You already have a race thread and the problem here is that some unsuspecting readers might think whatever rules your group is running actually matters anywhere else in America or on Earth.

There are many of us who have been dedicated to the growth of GT racing for many years & unlike your admission of ‘no skin off your azz if the class dies nationally’….. GT racing & racers really do matter to us.

We always try to welcome racers and manufactures to participate at our events, because we all understand the class need us to work together to be more fun.

GT racers are not at all like electric guys and GT racers will always reject any event that is not inclusive.

The class was born from guys that wanted a new prospective on RC racing. You might not want to accept that or respect that, but that is how the majority of traveling GT racers roll.

How do I know or even dare to say such things?
Easy, since the birth of GT racing in America, no other events have ever attracted more GT racers than our inclusive events. Period.!

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-17-2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: threads suck without pics
Old 04-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree.
100 points

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Folks, I like hearing all the information it helps us in NW understand what the rest of the country is doing and what we should be looking at to keep having fun at a reasonable price. We are blessed here in the great NW with more than our share of great tracks and organizations to race with. The Folks at TimeZone accepted the local GT drivers bid for a spot to race our cars in their premier event. We would love to have you all there. Please take a moment and ask the participants of last years event and see if they had a good time. I will convey this one more time.. The track owners at TimeZone accepted our class and rules without any questions (as did the Rose City Scale Racers) and said invite some GT guys up.... if you have enough entries we will make a spot and welcome all of you...
They asked us the racers what rules we wanted to run this year (2012) we all agreed to a spec tire... kept the $200 dollar motor rule.

I am sorry I hurt anyones feelings when i mentioned that i heard a rumor that a molded wing body was banned... Sorry JEFF! Good luck with the new body...

I posted it again... so you can read ALL of it.
Jeff, please go away and post your information on another thread where you are welcome. This is why I asked you to leave last year at this time. you respected that last year and I hope you can do the same this year...

No division, respect or disrespect.. we wanted to start racing the GT class here in the northwest.. we wanted some ideas... we got them... we used them.... we still have the same rules as last year... not rocket science.. We wanted to grow a class; we did so... if want to come race with us great, if not, great... we are having a blast with them, if the class dies nationaly due to internal class fighting .. fine.. We will keep racing them as long as we can get parts and paticipents... when the class dies, I will go race open 1/8scale.. I already purchased a car.. I have a 1/10 as well..
Bottom line is we are enjoing it... we asked Timezone if they would let us have a class at the GP ... they said sure( bless their hearts).. invite some guys to come up... we did.. we had a great time... If they want to come again.. great.. if not fine... if TimeZone says NO CLASS due to Rules // meaning we the participants can not come to an agreement//and lack of participation ... FINE..they will look at another class to run... no skin off my ass. TRUE, IT was my idea to invite everyone one here... if you dont want to come DON'T...
But dont ball and bitch about it... Just shut the Hell up and say home!

Jeff and everyone else that does not want to come and have fun... Please stay home.. it's not hard to figure out..
Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maxy
I agree.
100 points
I heard you were deported, lol

You never raced a GT car in America at all.

Are you still bitter because we support Byron Fuels which has always supported GT racing for the right reasons and actually have GT racers there?

Dude, that's so 2009 of you.......

Last edited by Jspeed; 04-17-2012 at 04:18 AM. Reason: threads without pics suck!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hahahaha, Are you very stupid and retarded..

I heard you were deported, lol

You never raced a GT car in America at all.

Are you still bitter because we support Byron Fuels which has always supported GT racing for the right reasons and actually have GT racers there?

Dude, that's so 2009 of you.......

Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One Adam-12, One Adam-12, see the man, corner of Computer and Forum Way, shots fired!!!

Wow, go to bed and get up the next morning and grenades have been lobed everywhere. Glad to see the peace and harmony that exists within this class (sarcasm to the extreme).

What is sad here is that everyone involved cannot put their personal dislikes towards each other aside (and I say the very loosely) and try to work together. Like I said before, everyone has their personal preference on the products that they use on their GT cars. Personally, I have no problem with what anybody else uses on their cars. What I do have a problem with is when folks hate on others because those others are not using the same products they use. This has created a lot of friction between many in this class and seems to be creating even wider divides amongst GT racers. In order for this class the actually grow like it should, all this really needs to stop. But from what I see, that is more of a pipe dream than anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.