Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
in rc-mushroom in cost US$350.00 approx. Php19k, not bad for a new kit
that's good news bro its very affordable
Old 09-27-2004, 03:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Im from philippines too Im working here in dubai. Im planning to have a new car do you think V one rrr is better than FW05R?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if only the selection of 3r and 05r, then 3r is a must.
mine 05r, i have modified a lot of options in order to make it more competitive. after running for few days times, a lot of plastic arms and hubs, even gear boxes are needed to be brand new. The plastic of 05r is too fragile and too much free play. forget 05r;;;;my opinion.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by choisan
if only the selection of 3r and 05r, then 3r is a must.
mine 05r, i have modified a lot of options in order to make it more competitive. after running for few days times, a lot of plastic arms and hubs, even gear boxes are needed to be brand new. The plastic of 05r is too fragile and too much free play. forget 05r;;;;my opinion.
I haven't drivin the 3R yet, but if you ask me, the O5R is far from fragile. The shaft has a little tiny play, but it still spools up faster (stock) than any of my other belt cars that all have ceramic bearings. And it rolls more freely throught the turns.

Jivikings - I'm from the PI too. I suggest the FW-05RR (when it comes out) due to the fact that you're in Dubai. Less maintaining and more racing.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jivikings
Hi,

Im from philippines too Im working here in dubai. Im planning to have a new car do you think V one rrr is better than FW05R?

Thanks
bro... it depends on which kind of drive system you want. if you are more comfortable with a shaft drive then go get the fw-05r. if you are more comforatable driving a belt drive then go get the rrr. both kits are very competitive out of the box. for me, i'm more comfortable driving a belt driven kit...
Old 09-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Althought I am driving the RRR now I don't seem to have any problem with the FW05R, the car is strong and I have not change any arms after I upgraded to the carbon arms and the only important option are the steel gears. The mainitence for the 05 is very much lower.

As for my RRR, I have to check on the wear rate of the belts, pulleys and belt tension after every race.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

That is strange johwee that you have found the reverse of what i did. My fw-05r was nothing but headaches. fw had a weekly problem with the brake (a problem that finally made me change cars). That being said it was very strong and extreemly easy to work on.

I also noticed that i spent alot of money on the fw-05r trying to get it to handle the way i wanted(and it still isnt where i think it should be) some people may say all you need is the hardend gears....but you will also need an option brake, alloy center gearbox, alloy brake holder, lighter springs, higher gears (depending on the track, for most this was a needed upgrade) front bulks and suspension plates (these are a weak link), rrr front knuckles to reduce the massive push, rrr or mugen upgrade for the rear....... and it seemed to never end. My brake disk and brake holder seemed to wear out often and those option parts are not cheap to replace. I really dont like that 2 pin brake holder as it doesnt spread braking stress around the entire disk....creating uneven wear on the pins and disk holes.

The rrr has yet to recieve an option part other than bearings for the steering block.

I know it is impossible to say this car is better etc... but the rrr definately fits my driving style and wallet better.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

hey Joehwee.... What setup are you running on your RRR? I am curious if we have found a similar sweet spot. I will thow mine on the setup bench tonight and check mine.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Hi rcosmax,

I am not trying to start a debate, but the followings are my comments about your problem with the 05. All i can say is both the RRR and 05R is just as good. How well the car handle really depends on the driver skill and setup.

1) If option brake is necessary, i think most of the TC out there will need replacement. I was using the k-factory brake disk on my 05R, I am also considering to change the one on my RRR when it available cos the steel plate one don't last to long.

2) I have no problem with the centre gearbox, however upgrading to the alum centre stud are better.

3) Alloy brake holder is a big no, the plastic work better that provided you remove the pin, filed it and glue it back with epoxy. It last me a long time.

4) Lighter springs - I personally think that a tunning aids, all TC need different spring for different track.

5) higher pinon gears are necessary, but i believe the RRR will also need them

6) I have never break any of the front bulk head support for the shock tower and have never come across anyone that break it so far.

7) Suspension plate can be weak if you don't stay from the board or wall, other than that they seem to work fine

8) As for the steering kunckle upgrade i have not ry it, but my 05R seems to have enough steering for me.

9) I have no problem with the rear end, change it to the Mugen one but I find the original upright run better

I personally also find that my RRR rear end not as plated as my 05R. the stock rear roll bar is also to stiff.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Joehwee
Althought I am driving the RRR now I don't seem to have any problem with the FW05R, the car is strong and I have not change any arms after I upgraded to the carbon arms and the only important option are the steel gears. The mainitence for the 05 is very much lower.

As for my RRR, I have to check on the wear rate of the belts, pulleys and belt tension after every race.
Hey Joehwee, I'm planning on picking up a 3R next season. I thought the kit already came with carbon arms?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is anyone else having a problem with the front belt and bellcrank rubbing on the 3r
Old 09-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

No problem Joehwee Thats why we are here to discuss (debate) about our cars. Like i had said earlier a huge thing is driving style and i just always felt scared driving my fw-05r. Maybe i am to hard on the turn in and a smoother turn in would make that car work for me. I agree with your call on the parts and if you touch the boards it is unrealistic to expect your car to be unaffected.

I agree with you. Any way the fw-05 is a warrior and accelerates like a banshee, just didnt fit me thats all.

Lets get back to talking about the RRR.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

anyone know a website where I can get one of these badboys?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

kidDynomite: The RRR Arm are not carbon but they are make of material that look harder

carkillaii: Don't worry to much on the front belts rubbing the bell crank, it will be fine after a while and the belts look ok.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanx Joehwee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.