Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by centax error!
jeffreylin, is that the reason why I am having the problem because I was running a narrow rear? and the overdrive has nothing to do with it. I will try putting 2 mm shims and thanks for the reply
I think you should do both. The overdrive certainly has an effect since you are running rubber tires with the same size front and rear.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I think you should do both. The overdrive certainly has an effect since you are running rubber tires with the same size front and rear.
since he is running the same size tires in the front and the rear with the 23t pully, he has "rear overdrive"--- which i think would definitely cause the rear to come around out of turns.... that's my 2 cents... jeffreylin, let us know if that makes sense.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joemugen
since he is running the same size tires in the front and the rear with the 23t pully, he has "rear overdrive"--- which i think would definitely cause the rear to come around out of turns.... that's my 2 cents... jeffreylin, let us know if that makes sense.
I think it's the other way around.
With a 23T front it would give overdrive to the front, and with a fixed drive the rear would be like running with a handbrake on, which would cause the rear to break loose every time you came off the power.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NiMo
With a 23T front it would give overdrive to the front, and with a fixed drive the rear would be like running with a handbrake on, which would cause the rear to break loose every time you came off the power.
yeah, you are right... i got that mixed up.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRAJ
The 3racing brake leaver was screwed down too tight all the rebuilding for something so simple

Thanks
is that all ? i would not know that since i am using a 3racing ball end type brake lever that is made for the mtx-3. wonder why kyosho changed the brake level design, i think the ball end works better....... as long as the cap stay in its place.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiMo
Yeah, NiMo should know better. I've only ran foam but NiMo has been running rubber tires for a long time.

Hey NiMo I noticed that you have a Sirio Evo2--what happened to the JP? How would you compare the two? I have an Evo2 WCR and that is one of the fastest motor I ever had.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, NiMo should know better. I've only ran foam but NiMo has been running rubber tires for a long time.

Hey NiMo I noticed that you have a Sirio Evo2--what happened to the JP? How would you compare the two? I have an Evo2 WCR and that is one of the fastest motor I ever had.
Long story, but basically I got T-boned and the impact bent the crankshaft and cracked the crankcase of the JP, it also destroyed most of my FW05 which is why I turned what's left of it in to a Pull-Start Sports class car (raided an FW05S kit I had for sale).
The JP was the best motor I've ever had in terms of performance and reliability, it was only just starting to go off tune after 10 months of running almost every weekend, I got the Sirio as it was cheaper ( a web site listed it at the wrong price ) but if it were choice then a JP would be first.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:53 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Jeffrey, what motor supposed to be faster from what you know, the EVO2 WCR or the EVO3??
Old 06-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

jeffrey,
i am thinking of getting a 1/8th scale. what do you think of the mrx-4?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wad
Hey Jeffrey, what motor supposed to be faster from what you know, the EVO2 WCR or the EVO3??
I don't know. The folks at Sirio say that Evo3 is superior to Evo2 WCR in every way. I got an Evo3 but I have yet to run it (will break it in tomorrow). Also the Evo3 is a 5 port so not exactly a fair comparison.

However, that WCR is so fast I seriously doubt the Evo3 can be faster. My JP full option is as fast as everyone else's motor but my WCR was faster than everybody else!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

jeffrey,
1: it's not a Kyosho
2: it's not a Kyosho
and finally
3: it's not a Kyosho
Old 06-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

jeffrey,
Joe, I don't have an 1/8th scale so I can't say. Frankly I've been think about getting one myself but I just don't think I'll have time. As it is, now that I run nitro I almost never run electric anymore. Running is not a problem but all the maintenance needed to keep your car competitive just take too much time.

However, I will say that all the people I've talked to love the Evolva. I know a few who have had both and they all seem to prefer the Evolva over the MRX4.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:07 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know. The folks at Sirio say that Evo3 is superior to Evo2 WCR in every way. I got an Evo3 but I have yet to run it (will break it in tomorrow). Also the Evo3 is a 5 port so not exactly a fair comparison.

However, that WCR is so fast I seriously doubt the Evo3 can be faster. My JP full option is as fast as everyone else's motor but my WCR was faster than everybody else!
EVO3 is 5 ports?? Oops, my friend Fernando just got one, I will tell him to send the motor back and get a 3 ports. Is the WCR hard to find??
Old 06-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wad
EVO3 is 5 ports?? Oops, my friend Fernando just got one, I will tell him to send the motor back and get a 3 ports. Is the WCR hard to find??
Evo3 comes in both 3 port and 5 port. Since I will be using this one in Taiwan I got the 5 port.

The only place I know that you can still find a WCR is Japan, but the price is quite high (over $400 now).
Old 06-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

So, when running foams and 23T front pulley(I guess that is stock, right), should you run different diameters front to rear? if so, how much?

Also, does it matter if you run the one-way, spool and/or front diff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.