Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Yea check out Skyline RC they have some sweet stuff.

www.skylinercracing.com
Old 03-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

i believe some team drivers have been bolting 2 standard shock towers together,
Old 03-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Re: 4MM SHOCK TOWERS $9.99 free shipping worldwide

Originally posted by subman
I got Mine shipped ultra fast and they look awesome! Haven't tried them yet though, Still snow on the ground
Thanks Joemugen
thank you for the compliment on my shock tower. i have sold quite a few hear on the forum. anyone else who has bought, please make comments on how you feel about them. i sell them so cheap, because i just want to get rid of them. i have never been in the hobby sales business, it was just a one time venture. they turned out very nice. they are virtually indestructable. i do not care how bad of a driver you are. i tried to break one with my hands, and found it to be next to impossible. made of very high quality carbon. i did not include the extra holes, because there is no real advantage to them. the holes that are on them are exactly manufacture recomendations. very adjustable as far as hole sellection. please let me know if interested. email me to [email protected]. support the small guy
Old 03-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If there is no real advantage to the extra wholes then why would kyosho add them? For that matter , Adrien , Josh , David , and Shimo all used whole #5 at the worlds. Josh accually took it a step further and drilled position #6 which is a 7th whole. I'm sure your tower is great , but if somebody wants the same adjustment that the WC kit has they should spend a couple bucks extra and buy the Skyline one.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

i am sure there are situations where it could be used. but you are talking about drivers who are pushing there cars to limits that almost no drivers can possibly do. the rrr is such a solid car, that for 99% of drivers--- these are not needed. the setup on these guys cars will not work for most drivers. they drive on and off power as such extremes that if you use there setup it probably would not work for you. i am sure skyline has good products, i am not trying to say anything bad about them. thanks for all you guys support on my product. i really do appreciate your feedback. i probably will never make another rc part again, but it definitely was an experience. it is very interesting to hear everybody's opinion on these topics, i think it makes us all more knowledgeable on r/c.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

i think the opposite is true. if those guys can get 95% out of the car, i can only get 75%. if they are using that extra hole, i would probably need to use 2 extra holes just to get the same handling need.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

a good friend of mine is one of the best racers in this country, danny horta--- more well known in south miami. the way he sets ups his car is much different than the way most other drivers do. that is because his driving ability, style is so much more radical and he pushes to extremes. when i try to use his setup, it does not work for me. when you are setting up your car, looking at professional drivers setups is not always the best thing. everyone drives differently and what works for one person is not going to work for everyone. before poeple were offering six holes, was anyone having a problem with not enough holes on the shock towers? i never heard one complaint about not enough holes on the shock tower. but one thing is for sure, you have to use what works best for you.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

also, if a "professional" driver goes up an extra hole--- that does not mean that that is giving the extra handling. handling comes from every adjustment you make on your car. when you compare what the drivers used at the worlds, you are talking about an extreme track condition that is very rarely seen. on 99% of all tracks, going one up on a stock rear shock tower will work fine. these rrr have so much handling that it is incredible. now if your are racing in a rain storm, maybe have an extra hole would be great. i hope not to sound controversial, i am just stating my findings on this topic. but all your feedback thus far has been very good as well. you could go on forever about what is better or worse. but when it comes down to it, the rrr could run without shocks and still run great i hear good things about jefferylin so he must be very knowledgeable.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

people need that 6th hole is why kyosho updated their design.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by joemugen
i never heard one complaint about not enough holes on the shock tower. but one thing is for sure, you have to use what works best for you.
joemugen, take it with a pinch of salt. In the WC, the RRR drivers were using solid front. When you do that, you loose off power steering. One of the ways to get back off power steering is to stand up the rear shocks.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Is the WC rear shock tower an upgrade in quality where it's less prone to breaking when compared to the regular RRR?

Dave
Old 03-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Rookie

joemugen - I'd suggest drilling the extra holes. Arguing with racers isn't gonna sell product, BTW.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The WC tower just has extra wholes still pretty weak at the body mounts.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
joemugen, take it with a pinch of salt. In the WC, the RRR drivers were using solid front. When you do that, you loose off power steering. One of the ways to get back off power steering is to stand up the rear shocks.
thanks for the advice, by the way--- are you from florida. what is your first name?
Old 03-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by AustinTX
joemugen - I'd suggest drilling the extra holes. Arguing with racers isn't gonna sell product, BTW.
thanks for your advice. i am very sorry if it came across as arguing. i was just trying to discusss my viewpoints. but you are very right, it does seem to be arguing. when typing, you can not hear the tone of my voice--- so it does not come across how i mean for this to sound. i will say that i never had any complaints about my shock towers. they are very nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.