Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NTC3 Fuel Tank?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Scott Fisher
As those other guys said, make sure you don't overtighten the tank mounting screws.

Also, is it me, or does he need to rotate his cylinder head 90 degrees?
Rotate the cylinder head 90 degrees? To be honest, I didn't know it was on wrong. Will it help make the engine run cooler?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:23 PM

The K tank is baffled better. I never could get good modded engines to run on the old and newer versions of the Ae tank.
The K tank has its disadvanges too some engines exhaust rubs the tank some don't.
I use the BMI GEN2 Chassis and it's almost impossible to take a hit in the side and bust it. We'll we've never busted one. Another good thing with the K tanks with the Gen 2 is Jason moved it foward and to the center of the car, balance is much better.
Anybody ever check fuel capacity in the K tank?? It looks like holds alot more than Roar limits.
You can get the K tanks for $20 shipped out of HK if you watch ebay, or know somebody.

For you guys buying all thses chassis's and side braces, for a few $$$ more you can have the best chassis out there for the NTC3 and get rid of some problems the car has. Also its 100 grams lighter than the stock setup.

BMI GEN2
Old 09-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

you need to rotate it. there are vents in the head and they should be facing the rear and the front of the car...those vents in the pic are facing the left and right sides. circulating air needs to blow thru the head.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by hugh janus
you need to rotate it. there are vents in the head and they should be facing the rear and the front of the car...those vents in the pic are facing the left and right sides. circulating air needs to blow thru the head.
Thanks for the advice!! I'm going to take care if it tonight.

bbntc3:
You can get the K tanks for $20 shipped out of HK if you watch ebay, or know somebody.
I've been checking EBay and the cheapest I can find it for is $23.99 plus $6 shipping. Do you know anywhere else I can buy it from for $20 shipped?
I'll call my LHS today to see how much it will be to get. They usually mark up the prices to ridiculous levels. I bet he says $39.99!!!

For you guys buying all thses chassis's and side braces, for a few $$$ more you can have the best chassis out there for the NTC3 and get rid of some problems the car has. Also its 100 grams lighter than the stock setup.
I just checked out the BMI Chassis. THAT THING IS AWESOME!! But the $170 is a little steep. I'll stick with what I have for now.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:37 AM

[email protected]

Try this guy, he's in HK. Tell him bbntc3 told you to right him. I get the K tanks from him for $20 shipped. Paypal him direct and you usually get them in 1 week. Tell him you also can get the tanks here in the US for $20. Damn these parts must be dirt cheap over there! Bob
Old 09-10-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by bbntc3
[email protected]

Try this guy, he's in HK. Tell him bbntc3 told you to right him. I get the K tanks from him for $20 shipped. Paypal him direct and you usually get them in 1 week. Tell him you also can get the tanks here in the US for $20. Damn these parts must be dirt cheap over there! Bob
THANKS!!!! I'll send him an email today after I call my LHS to find out their price.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default K-factory Fuel tank k1206

we have all the NTC3 parts from K-factory in stock just to let you all know
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/home.php?cat=350
Attached Thumbnails NTC3 Fuel Tank?-k1206-copy.jpg