Search

RDLogics Mongoose 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hey Adrian

Sorry to leave you last man standing... Things have been on downward spiral for awhile and not much support here either. Abbey (better looking half) wants me to get something with local support and she likes the sound of the Shepherd seeing Aussie distributor is on the other side of the river.

Will see though....

Andrew
Totally understandable why you need to leave. I gave up on the G4 a long time ago and went with Mugen. However, I kept the G4 because nobody here wants it for the same reason why you are leaving. I later found better support with Serpent and have been running Serpent ever since. Go with what works best for you.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Hey Adrian

Sorry to leave you last man standing... Things have been on downward spiral for awhile and not much support here either. Abbey (better looking half) wants me to get something with local support and she likes the sound of the Shepherd seeing Aussie distributor is on the other side of the river.

Will see though....

Andrew
If I didn't have so much tied up in parts and cars I'd be walking too, saw the Capricorn at our club last meet and like very much. My 09's are performing very well and are netting me top 3 places in our club racing but what do you do when the factory development stops! I think the last TM parts developed for the 09 were the K Factory arms from last year.

I'll keep batting on till the parts are gone and the cars are worn down and assess my options, feel let down by the manufacturer though.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by abi
If I didn't have so much tied up in parts and cars I'd be walking too, saw the Capricorn at our club last meet and like very much. My 09's are performing very well and are netting me top 3 places in our club racing but what do you do when the factory development stops! I think the last TM parts developed for the 09 were the K Factory arms from last year.

I'll keep batting on till the parts are gone and the cars are worn down and assess my options, feel let down by the manufacturer though.
Hi

I like the Capricorn, just think they are are expensive for a R/C car. The Serpent and KM Racing are well priced, but i like the Edam myself although it too seems to lack support on here as well...

Looks like i did the right thing holding off on the G4 for now!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abi

Adrian,

Capricorn is very nice, I have one in my collection that Abbey bought me for my 30th last year...

So I guess you won't be interested in my 09 RS collection any time soon then?

Andrew
Old 07-03-2011, 02:00 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Adrian,

Capricorn is very nice, I have one in my collection that Abbey bought me for my 30th last year...

So I guess you won't be interested in my 09 RS collection any time soon then?

Andrew
Ha Ha, I might hold off collecting more 09 bits Andrew, I suspect I will have trouble offloading them later on. Having said that my 09's go like jets on my club track but the setup didnt come easily.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abi
Ha Ha, I might hold off collecting more 09 bits Andrew, I suspect I will have trouble offloading them later on. Having said that my 09's go like jets on my club track but the setup didnt come easily.
Ohh well, I tried
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I honour you for trying something different, how has it all worked out for you? I would have gone down the 2009 path for similar money or maybe a g4js, but curious your thoughts on the topic?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm Actually curious to know myself. I'm getting rid of my buggy because I miss onroad. Who supports parts online? That's why I'm afraid to go th TM way.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Hi

Sorry I am away on holidays at the moment. Shopping.com is the best place for Team Magic.

Andrew
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G4.Tragic
I honour you for trying something different, how has it all worked out for you? I would have gone down the 2009 path for similar money or maybe a g4js, but curious your thoughts on the topic?
Hi

This is hard to answer... I never actually raced the Mongoose i did spend alot of time at the track with it and tried alot of different things. This car had a lot of later parts on it from the G4RS 2008 and G4+, but using the Mongoose suspension arms, chassis and radio tray & Steering system. In doing this i never had any radio issues (like i had with the G4RS 2008 & G4+ Evo), but i still had the same on power oversteer the same as the later models.

I have also played with a RTR G4S and a G4JR and have noticed that with slower servos & radio, i don't have these issues. I have now bought a new radio that has servo speed adjustment and it might be something that will address these issues for me...

Maybe the G4JS would have been suitable, but i wanted to try the older steering system and also believed the receiver was in a better location away from the heat off the engine.

I understand your frustration with peoples attitude towards Team Magic, i have a few 2009 edition G4RS and they are a refinement, but you also need to spend a bit on KFactory parts to get it too a G4+ or G4+ Evo level people would expect. But it hasn't been as popular as previous models. And as a result i keep going back to my older cars myself...

G4 Tragic i am reading your thread about marketing with great interest, i agree and computer companies do the same with new development all the time.

Thanks
Andrew