R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #76
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hey Adrian

Sorry to leave you last man standing... Things have been on downward spiral for awhile and not much support here either. Abbey (better looking half) wants me to get something with local support and she likes the sound of the Shepherd seeing Aussie distributor is on the other side of the river.

Will see though....

Andrew
Totally understandable why you need to leave. I gave up on the G4 a long time ago and went with Mugen. However, I kept the G4 because nobody here wants it for the same reason why you are leaving. I later found better support with Serpent and have been running Serpent ever since. Go with what works best for you.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #77
abi
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hawkesbury, NSW, Australia.
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hey Adrian

Sorry to leave you last man standing... Things have been on downward spiral for awhile and not much support here either. Abbey (better looking half) wants me to get something with local support and she likes the sound of the Shepherd seeing Aussie distributor is on the other side of the river.

Will see though....

Andrew
If I didn't have so much tied up in parts and cars I'd be walking too, saw the Capricorn at our club last meet and like very much. My 09's are performing very well and are netting me top 3 places in our club racing but what do you do when the factory development stops! I think the last TM parts developed for the 09 were the K Factory arms from last year.

I'll keep batting on till the parts are gone and the cars are worn down and assess my options, feel let down by the manufacturer though.
__________________
Team Magic tragic. G4S RTR, G4S, G4S+Evo, 3 x RS09's.
OS Speed, Spektrum.
abi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #78
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
If I didn't have so much tied up in parts and cars I'd be walking too, saw the Capricorn at our club last meet and like very much. My 09's are performing very well and are netting me top 3 places in our club racing but what do you do when the factory development stops! I think the last TM parts developed for the 09 were the K Factory arms from last year.

I'll keep batting on till the parts are gone and the cars are worn down and assess my options, feel let down by the manufacturer though.
Hi

I like the Capricorn, just think they are are expensive for a R/C car. The Serpent and KM Racing are well priced, but i like the Edam myself although it too seems to lack support on here as well...

Looks like i did the right thing holding off on the G4 for now!
Mr_Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:47 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
If I didn't have so much tied up in parts and cars I'd be walking too, saw the Capricorn at our club last meet and like very much. My 09's are performing very well and are netting me top 3 places in our club racing but what do you do when the factory development stops! I think the last TM parts developed for the 09 were the K Factory arms from last year.

I'll keep batting on till the parts are gone and the cars are worn down and assess my options, feel let down by the manufacturer though.
Adrian,

Capricorn is very nice, I have one in my collection that Abbey bought me for my 30th last year...

So I guess you won't be interested in my 09 RS collection any time soon then?

Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:00 AM   #80
abi
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hawkesbury, NSW, Australia.
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Adrian,

Capricorn is very nice, I have one in my collection that Abbey bought me for my 30th last year...

So I guess you won't be interested in my 09 RS collection any time soon then?

Andrew
Ha Ha, I might hold off collecting more 09 bits Andrew, I suspect I will have trouble offloading them later on. Having said that my 09's go like jets on my club track but the setup didnt come easily.
__________________
Team Magic tragic. G4S RTR, G4S, G4S+Evo, 3 x RS09's.
OS Speed, Spektrum.
abi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:54 AM   #81
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
Ha Ha, I might hold off collecting more 09 bits Andrew, I suspect I will have trouble offloading them later on. Having said that my 09's go like jets on my club track but the setup didnt come easily.
Ohh well, I tried
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #82
Tech Rookie
 
G4.Tragic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Default

I honour you for trying something different, how has it all worked out for you? I would have gone down the 2009 path for similar money or maybe a g4js, but curious your thoughts on the topic?
G4.Tragic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #83
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: virginia
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'm Actually curious to know myself. I'm getting rid of my buggy because I miss onroad. Who supports parts online? That's why I'm afraid to go th TM way.
wallaj232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #84
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Hi

Sorry I am away on holidays at the moment. Shopping.com is the best place for Team Magic.

Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #85
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4.Tragic View Post
I honour you for trying something different, how has it all worked out for you? I would have gone down the 2009 path for similar money or maybe a g4js, but curious your thoughts on the topic?
Hi

This is hard to answer... I never actually raced the Mongoose i did spend alot of time at the track with it and tried alot of different things. This car had a lot of later parts on it from the G4RS 2008 and G4+, but using the Mongoose suspension arms, chassis and radio tray & Steering system. In doing this i never had any radio issues (like i had with the G4RS 2008 & G4+ Evo), but i still had the same on power oversteer the same as the later models.

I have also played with a RTR G4S and a G4JR and have noticed that with slower servos & radio, i don't have these issues. I have now bought a new radio that has servo speed adjustment and it might be something that will address these issues for me...

Maybe the G4JS would have been suitable, but i wanted to try the older steering system and also believed the receiver was in a better location away from the heat off the engine.

I understand your frustration with peoples attitude towards Team Magic, i have a few 2009 edition G4RS and they are a refinement, but you also need to spend a bit on KFactory parts to get it too a G4+ or G4+ Evo level people would expect. But it hasn't been as popular as previous models. And as a result i keep going back to my older cars myself...

G4 Tragic i am reading your thread about marketing with great interest, i agree and computer companies do the same with new development all the time.

Thanks
Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:49 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net