Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Longer Hudy,xray?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Let's just make this all official now.
I got this email from Serpent USA just now.

Sir,

Serpent USA is no longer the distributor of Hudy and X-ray product lines. For future orders, customer service and technical support please contact Hudy direct at [email protected].

We apologize for the inconvenience this may create.

Best regards,

Serpent USA
Old 07-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Default DAMN

I WANTED MY TIRE TRUER....
Old 07-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know how you feel.
When I was at RCX the Serpent USA guys told me that they would still be distributing Hudy/Xray stuff even though it was announced that Horizon would also be distributing their stuff.
Do you guys think Hudy/Xray prices will go up now that they are being distributed only by Horizon now?
Old 07-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by PSI Racing
I know how you feel.
When I was at RCX the Serpent USA guys told me that they would still be distributing Hudy/Xray stuff even though it was announced that Horizon would also be distributing their stuff.
Do you guys think Hudy/Xray prices will go up now that they are being distributed only by Horizon now?
you know they are gonna jack up prices left and right...i wonder this shake up is with HUDY/XRAY?that new offroad buggy xb8 is also about to come out with all this crazy stuff going on.....
Old 07-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

I bet when Horizon jacks up the price, the XB8 will cost over $800.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
That wouldn't be a bad news at all, since he know well enough about X-ray and Serpent............by looking at the X-ray FT T1, I am surprised to know that X-ray does not have a nitro touring on the drawing board yet.......

They quality of the FT is amazing.........if that is on NITRO TC, I will be there.......

Just hope their service is not as "GOOD" as Serpent USA.
I don't think Xray is going to do a nitro onroad car. You see we're talking only about US distribution. Keep in mind xray and hudy are still a part of mytsn. Unless we see hudy and xray depart from mytsn, as there is still some ties between Hudy and Serpent at the source, since hudy makes a lot of parts for serpent cars, and I bet serpent makes some parts for xray cars too.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Default what else is next

I WONDER WHAT ELSE IS GONNA HAPPENED?SERPENT CLOSE DOWN?I HOPE NOT,I HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY AND TIME INVESTED IN THESE AWESOME CARS....CHOCO
Old 07-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

It looks like Hudy whats better product distribution then Serpent USA can provide. Hopefully Horizon wont screw that up. Wonder why they picked Horizon? I would have gone Great Plains.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

By looking at the price from Horizon........they are definitely NOT even close to "reasonalbe" price at all, they products are as expensive as LHS and some are even higher.......

Now, Hudy/Xray at Horizon.............I cannot imagine what kind of a price will they offer.

$550 for a FT Xray T1 or $650 for a full auto Hudy Tire Truer (just a wild guess)...? And $800 for a XB8 is not impossible.....

About X-ray Nitro TC...never say never, but I doubt that will happened soon...........

On the other hand........Serpent does promise some LOW COST performance engine for the future (from Picco).......well, I am just wondering how LOW-COST will that be....
Old 07-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Guys, Don't worry

Horizon distributes Losi product and while their prices are a buck or two higher than Associated or someone else atleast you'll be able to buy XRay parts at about every LHS you go to

I think the trade off (a buck on parts and maybe $10-$20 on kits) is good fot the availability you now will get
Old 07-27-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
By looking at the price from Horizon........they are definitely NOT even close to "reasonalbe" price at all, they products are as expensive as LHS and some are even higher.......

Now, Hudy/Xray at Horizon.............I cannot imagine what kind of a price will they offer.

$550 for a FT Xray T1 or $650 for a full auto Hudy Tire Truer (just a wild guess)...? And $800 for a XB8 is not impossible.....

About X-ray Nitro TC...never say never, but I doubt that will happened soon...........

On the other hand........Serpent does promise some LOW COST performance engine for the future (from Picco).......well, I am just wondering how LOW-COST will that be....
BTW: The prices on Horizon's website are RETAIL For refference...XXX-S G+ sells for $249, JR XS3 sells for $239 & The Mini-T goes for $135 at my LHS

I would have gone Great Plains
LMFAO...You know nothing
Old 07-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Black Kat is dead on accurate. Horizon Hobby charges full retail on their website. Trust me when I say that hobby shops would rather deal with Horizon than Great Planes any day. Great Planes exclusively distributes some great products like Futaba, O.S. etc.... But they also force LHS's to compete against them when they sell their items on Tower Hobbies (owned by Great Planes) for barely more than dealer cost. It's kind of two-faced.

Horizon, on the other hand, is a distributor that doesn't try to step on LHS's toes. That is why their web site prices are high, so they don't piss off their biggest customers, the hobby shops. They make their money by selling to shops, and they put the LHS first. Horizon actually does a lot to help keep hobby shops in business. This is a good thing, since I've never heard of anyone racing at Tower's or Ebay's tracks.

I'd bet that if anything, Hudy/Xray items might get cheaper and certainly will bemore plentiful.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

As a LHS owner I would have to agree with Bodido.

Example; You could purchase Traxxas Revos from Tower at a lower price long before I could receive my first delivery, and if I was to try and compete with Tower on price, after my cost and shipping I would loose money. With Horizon I don't have to worry about that, That's why 75% of my orders go through Horizon.

Also I can get X-Ray kits and part from Horizon faster and at the same price as Serpant. Next day Horizon, 1 week Serpant. So in my opinion I think Horizon and Hudy/X-Ray will boost sales.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: what else is next

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
I WONDER WHAT ELSE IS GONNA HAPPENED?SERPENT CLOSE DOWN?I HOPE NOT,I HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY AND TIME INVESTED IN THESE AWESOME CARS....CHOCO
and if that wasn't bad enough, a name change would be in order too
Old 07-28-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PSI Racing
I bet when Horizon jacks up the price, the XB8 will cost over $800.
i hope they do because then i will finally be able to get some sleep instead of staying up late mentally debating whether or not to get one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.