R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #16
Q
Tech Apprentice

I tried cheaper cars 1st rs43 2nd ntc3 and then I got a real car mtx-3. I would say no on the msx3. just my opion.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:52 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The mtx 3 is a different class of car. They you can't race a mtx 3 in the class of racing that I race in.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:19 PM   #18
Q
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by frozenpod
The mtx 3 is a different class of car. They you can't race a mtx 3 in the class of racing that I race in.
sorry
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:29 PM   #19
Tech Master

No worries
Old 06-28-2004, 03:56 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

out of msx3. ntc3, VoneS, FW-05S
the best 2 cars are VoneS and FW-05S
VoneS has more strength but runs on belts. Where as FW-05S is a little weaker (but stronger than the msx3 and ntc3) but its shaft driven so you wont have to buy spare belts!!! almost convientant as driving a electric car. also the VoneS and FW-05S run the Kyosho GS-15R engine which is REALLY GOOD!! and has plenty of speed! and has a good lifespan also.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:26 AM   #21
Tech Master

The mugen engine is also very good very similar to the GS15R It also has a slide carby which is much better than the kyosho

Yes I will agree that the kyosho's are stronger but that doesn't mean that they will do faster lap times.

I race at serccc and every man and his dog has a V1S and they are all setup exactly the same. I would buy a FW but soon every man and his dog will have one of those too.

I would just like something different. Or we may as well go and run kyosho world cup rules where every part has to original kyosho for the world cup kyosho hop up list.

This would mean that the same two people would win every race meet and the rest would be lapped.

Just trying to keep it interesting.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:37 AM   #22
Tech Master

yes it may not run faster lap times but if its stronger that means you will have less chances of something breaking during a heat or a final! true? imagine you hit a board lightely and something broke? thats the end of that heat! what if it was the finals? but most importantly how easy will it be for you to get parts for the msx3? x2 hehe just guiding you to the correct path. dont try to be orginal with a different car, as its not what you drive its how you drive!!!
most importantly why is every man and his dog is owning a vones ?
good luck with your choice!
Old 06-28-2004, 07:45 AM   #23
Tech Master

I already have a V1S

I know why people run them not because they are better that is for sure.

When I went to the summernats I had the only competitive V1S there was one other at the back of the field. Everyone up there thought that a V1S was shit. Note I qualified third and was mostly likely going to take out the final except for the weather.

My only problem with the msx 3 is the strenght and I have been thinking very hard about this issue and will be strong enough.

I have been trying to find a place to get parts and hopefully some aluminium arms and c hubs.

Carbon parts would also be great.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:50 AM   #24
Tech Master

BTW the parts are nearly half the cost of kyosho so even if you break nearly twice as much you wont spend any more
Old 06-29-2004, 03:35 AM   #25
Tech Master

ops Sorry bud thought you were going for your first car!
In that case i have no idea about the car so ill shut my mouth
Old 06-29-2004, 05:11 AM   #26
Tech Master

It will be fast

pro stock cars were lapping in the low 17s at vortec round 2 where as pro touring/modified what every you want to call was doing lkow 17s and rob did a few 16s.

Lue did 50 laps and pro touring only 48 in a 15min final.

Hopefully this will be faster
Old 06-29-2004, 05:30 AM   #27
Tech Master

i doubt it would be any faster. Have you thought about stepping up a class to tourer or pro tourer? i assume you like shaft driven cars or wanna get into them. FW-05R's are looking very popular.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:16 AM   #28
Tech Master

I do like shaft drive cars as they role better have better fuel economy but the torque factor with the more powerfull engines can become a problem so I am lead to believe.

I can run a FW-05 in pro stock

Besides pro toura is becoming way to expensive and it all seems to come down to horsepower. Who buys the most powerfull engine and spends the most on carbon and titanium parts.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:21 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I went through the same pains trying to find something different to run when I was getting back into the hobby earlier this year. I wasn't sure ofter a 15 year layoff if I would really get into it again so I went with what was cheap and bought a HoBao Hyper10 Pro. Within a couple of months, and custom fitting parts from other cars (HoBao didn't have a one way) I managed to win the WA State title in the pull start class (mind you the first 2 guys were DQ'd at scrutineering after the race) but it still ran 3rd on the track.

It had the most fragile front upper A Arm support you've ever seen. But some creative engineering solved it and I never bought another gearbox mount again (the A arms swung off the gear case).

So a month down the road from the state titles, I now have a shiny new Factory Team NTC3(gotta love ebay) and I added the pull start engine mounts and am running in the sport class again this weekend with it for it's debut.

The moral of the story is, it's ok to do things your own way, but the road less travelled is always a bumpier one - no one to share setups with, limited access to better bits, no funky readily available engineering solutions to issues, etc.

Good luck with your choice. I have a spare Factory Team NTC3 for sale as well if you're interrested (stupid ebay! he he)

Cheers,

Mike.
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote