Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More new RD pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I like the pipe I just think that the spring hole on the header is tooo soft the pressure from the spring pulls through the hole
Old 06-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

call rd they will take care of it for you.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FW05R
when RD logic pipes come to my mind I think weak
When weak comes to mind I think you are crashing too much. Stay off the boards and your pipe will last much longer. My RD pipe is 6 months old still kicking.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
When weak comes to mind I think you are crashing too much. Stay off the boards and your pipe will last much longer. My RD pipe is 6 months old still kicking.
Do you know me? Do you know how I drive?

maybe my old RD logic pipe broke when I got T boned from the side by another driver
Old 06-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Do you know me? Do you know how I drive?

maybe my old RD logic pipe broke when I got T boned from the side by another driver
Then the pipe is not weak huh? No pipe withstands a T boning. I dont like people making silly statments like RD = weak with no basis to back it up. Tell us why you think it is weak.

The RD pipe is easily as strong as any of the normal pipe types (RB, Novarossi, etc) Plus the performance is second to none, I have tested it back to back with 3 other pipes.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Then the pipe is not weak huh? No pipe withstands a T boning. I dont like people making silly statments like RD = weak with no basis to back it up. Tell us why you think it is weak.

The RD pipe is easily as strong as any of the normal pipe types (RB, Novarossi, etc) Plus the performance is second to none, I have tested it back to back with 3 other pipes.
If you don't like my statement about RD pipes being weak I could care less that was just my personal opinion What I will tell you is that my current NovaMega pipe has been T Boned more times than the RD logics one and has taken the impacts better with less damage than the Rd pipe
Old 06-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I have to agree with that statement!
I own a Turbo I and a Turbo II and both have held up to my abuse to them!!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

If you don't like my statement about RD pipes being weak I could care less that was just my personal opinion What I will tell you is that my current NovaMega pipe has been T Boned more times than the RD logics one and has taken the impacts better with less damage than the Rd pipe
Fair enuff. You pick your pipes by running them into stuff, I will pick mine by how much power they make.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Fair enuff. You pick your pipes by running them into stuff, I will pick mine by how much power they make.
Dont think that the novamega pipe doesnt make enough power for me because it does you can buy whatever weak "powerfull" pipes you like
Old 06-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Maybe you should LOOK before pulling out after the spin.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by theRED5
Maybe you should LOOK before pulling out after the spin.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Suspended

Posted be FW05R :

Reply: FW05 , you should stop parking your car sideway in the middle of the straight!!! For me i owned both turbo1 and 2 , excellent and strong pipes.... My only suggestion is you should always use 2 springs on the manifold to stop it from moving cause by vibration , thats what makes the spring digs in if its too much movement .... Question , why did RDlogics change their manifold on the turbo 2 1/10 pipe to accomodate only 1 spring , previously they got 4 holes to accomodate 2 springs...
Old 06-24-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

I reckon pipes are the hardest bloody thing to pick. Occasionally you see an engine/ pipe combo that really sings - but for us mere mortals, not that often. The trouble is you've got to buy lots of them to find that combo. We'v tried a number that were OK but the best combo we ever had was a Rody X/12 with the pipe of the same name. That pipe also worked decently well on older Nova engines, but not with the extra something.

The RD Turbo II pipe also displays that certain something and it was evident even when putting a few tanks through a tight new NSR in the street. Sam (son/driver) would be working the engine up through the rev range and suddenly it would come on song and get that nice howling sound.

OK, I'm getting a bit carried away here but what I'm trying to say is I think many "tuned" pipes seem to be tuned to an engine you haven't got.
Anyway this Turbo II rocks.

I would say, however, that the assembly quality was a little less than I expected. The header flange closest to the pipe seemed to have been assembled wrongly in two areas. The header tube leading in to that flange was off centre and I needed to relieve the inside of the tube in order to have it properly line up with the flange's hole. The second issue was that, when assembled, the stinger was pointing somewhat skywards. I drilled extra holes for the 3 springs in order to rotate the orientation and then needed to "correct" the ground clearence flat area under the flange.
I used a 1mm drill for this as well as doing some extra holes needed for the engine springs.

I'm not meaning to complain, just pointing out my experience. Given the good performance, I'd happily "correct" the next one.

And on the subject of weak pipes, I'd be struggling to put the RB X/12 in the tough catagory.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pipe Strength

YBLSOW.....waz' up!!!! Good luck in Cali. I wish I was there!!

Love that RD LOGICS Turbo 2. Rippin top end and lotsa mid range grunt. Love it!

As far as pipe strength... are we gonna have Federal Crash testing on pipes? Lemme see. If I hit a board at 5mph, 20mph and 60mph? Or maybe I'll start practicng not hitting any boards! Yeeaahhh baby!
Old 06-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Novamega and RB Concepts pipes work really well with the MS engines ive also seen yokomo pipes at my track they seem decent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.