Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ltrdude
well I got home and started my new job today.I just thought I would chime in and say after all that went on I had a great time at the worlds race.It was great to meet all the people that I read about and people from other countries.I did alot of walking and used alot of sun screen and I still got sunburned.I can't wait for our season to start.I hope to see all you guys at the races.
JOHN MULLEN Retired Team Manager USA
John,
I would like to thank you for all your hard work.
You did a GREAT JOB keeping us informed.

The RED CUP CREW
Old 04-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello everyone, I have been asked by Mrs. Wong from Homestead Speedway to sell prints of the WORLDS entry list autographed by all the entrants that were in attendance. The cost will be $15.00 each or $25.00 for two. All prints are sold without frame. The actual sign in sheet was roughly 4 feet tall by 3 feet wide. This is a copy of the original scaled down to 14" x 7 3/4" print. You can contact me @ [email protected] for additional information and payment.

Below is a picture of the actual size you will recieve without the frame.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman
Billy,

I can,t get the link to work.

Jim Rice
Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Hello Jim, it's fixed now...
Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello Jim, it's fixed now...

Billy, it's taken me about three years to figure out your Rctech name LOL!

I guess I'm a little slow

nosaj
Old 04-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Takaaki Shimo after the A Final.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Paolo on Thursday deep in though. I caught him just before he went out to qualify.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ltrdude
well I got home and started my new job today.I just thought I would chime in and say after all that went on I had a great time at the worlds race.It was great to meet all the people that I read about and people from other countries.I did alot of walking and used alot of sun screen and I still got sunburned.I can't wait for our season to start.I hope to see all you guys at the races.
JOHN MULLEN Retired Team Manager USA
Thanks John
remember it's about the team.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have a list of the top 10, Car/Engine/Tyre/Body?
Old 04-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JPFX
Does anyone have a list of the top 10, Car/Engine/Tyre/Body?
i think chassis was mugen mrx5 motor was novarossi flash & or 35-plus body was ptf p909 if I'm wrong someone will help out
Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default High Voltage electronics or not?

Did anyone happen to notice whether the racers were generally using high voltage servos with lipo?

Or were most racers sticking with LIFE/NIMH receiver batts (regular voltage servos?).

Just wondering what the professionals do.

Appreciate.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
Did anyone happen to notice whether the racers were generally using high voltage servos with lipo?

Or were most racers sticking with LIFE/NIMH receiver batts (regular voltage servos?).

Appreciate.
dude it was a mix...personal preference, it wasn't overwhelming one way or the other
Old 04-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena

Appreciate.
It was a mix but I was actually surprised at the number of top drivers using NiMH, I really expected there to be a majority LiFE. I have noticed that most of my sales are to 1/8 guys but I wonder if the current super light weight of the chassis is the reason why so many top drivers still run NiMH vs LiFE.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tqs car was using lipos for sure ive got a pic with the chasis wo tank were you can see clearly the lipo the sanwa hv.servos and all the weights next to the gas servo and next to the receiver (he used receiver next to pipe)
Hara and fukuda used stock position on the receiver and in the final saw no glitch for the three of them

QUOTE=mhavlena;9001940]Did anyone happen to notice whether the racers were generally using high voltage servos with lipo?

Appreciate.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I have one question, why is that for every major race Salven seems to always have radio troubles? IS he using some ancient Futaba attack with some eveready batteries or?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by YmeBP
It was a mix but I was actually surprised at the number of top drivers using NiMH, I really expected there to be a majority LiFE. I have noticed that most of my sales are to 1/8 guys but I wonder if the current super light weight of the chassis is the reason why so many top drivers still run NiMH vs LiFE.
Lightweight cars is one reason. With Life and LiPo you first gonna put weight where you want it, in the battery tray. In that case why not sticking to heavy batteries? Also LiPo is not the right choice (anymore), people have experienced what extra electronics and in this case switching regulators can do to a reliable working receiver.
And last thing with exploding LiPo batteries. More clubs are making rules that Lithium based batteries must be charged in a LiPo bag and with balancers to prevent the small chance of an exploding battery
Old 04-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
I have one question, why is that for every major race Salven seems to always have radio troubles? IS he using some ancient Futaba attack with some eveready batteries or?
HAHa: Here is a picture of Salven's radio:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.