Wiki Posts
Search

old serpent

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default old serpent

Thought i would share some pics of this old snake i just got. It is a belt drive quattro with a 2-speed.

Also, I have a PDF doc of the instruction manual if anybody needs one.

Appears to have some up grades. The front dampers are an optionpart, i dont know anything about them, but ive seen them on other cars before. The rears look like RC10 buggy front dampers. This is an interesting modification. All of the rat-trap springs are still in place.

The chassis plate is a composite, the original quattro was aluminum.

I would like to get the car running again, but i gave no clutch for it
Old 06-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Where do you keep finding these snakes? Behind rocks, in the bush? Be careful though, catch a few too many and your bound to get bit!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
Where do you keep finding these snakes? Behind rocks, in the bush? Be careful though, catch a few too many and your bound to get bit!
i know i should open a snake farm

I was fortunate to catch one in such good shape. these cars are usually raced hard and in poor condition.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

i found some great pictures of rody roem's quattro from 1987 worlds in pomona CA

http://rcmagvintage.com/modules.php?...wtopic&t=20345

btw this site is a fantastic resource for vintage rc racing, if you can understand french

Old 06-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Turbo9000

I would like to get the car running again, but i gave no clutch for it
Send me a PN with "clutch Quattro". If you have much Luck, i have a Flywheel and Clutch-Housing anywhere in a box. I have to seek, but just in moment i´m preparing for next race and less time to seek. The Problem of this clutch was, that it had ballbearings with X/X", no metric bearings.
The quattro was a nice, undestroyable Car. I selled mine some Weeks ago, inclusive a spare-car and much much spare-parts and tyres and and and.
LM
Old 06-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Leichtmetall
Send me a PN with "clutch Quattro". If you have much Luck, i have a Flywheel and Clutch-Housing anywhere in a box. I have to seek, but just in moment i´m preparing for next race and less time to seek. The Problem of this clutch was, that it had ballbearings with X/X", no metric bearings.
The quattro was a nice, undestroyable Car. I selled mine some Weeks ago, inclusive a spare-car and much much spare-parts and tyres and and and.
LM
Indeed. the best news is, wheels from the sprint and excel will also fit the quattro. so I have tons and tons.

I dont have many good original quattro wheels left, maybe 4 or 5 sets. The 5-spoke type appeared first in 1987 i believe. they were a lot lighter.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Not to many of these!!! I bought mine in '85. Aluminum chassis & upper deck. Havent able to find Rims for it , cuz the hex drives. And yes I still have it!! My first Serpent, original engine. It was the teacher who broke into the nitro scene. At The Ranch Pit in Pomona, Ca. Ron Parris was his name. Everybody that iknew Ron know he was a good man to follow. The god-father of all nitro RC's. The RC's crowd miss him.

2-speed tranny was the pioneer of 2-speed trans by Hudy & Serpent. 8th scale nitro was the first to be manufactured. Other were pan cars, biult customized by the individual.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Not to many of these!!! I bought mine in '85. Aluminum chassis & upper deck. Havent able to find Rims for it , cuz the hex drives. And yes I still have it!! My first Serpent, original engine. It was the teacher who broke into the nitro scene. At The Ranch Pit in Pomona, Ca. Ron Parris was his name. Everybody that iknew Ron know he was a good man to follow. The god-father of all nitro RC's. The RC's crowd miss him.

2-speed tranny was the pioneer of 2-speed trans by Hudy & Serpent. 8th scale nitro was the first to be manufactured. Other were pan cars, biult customized by the individual.
I have some rims if you need a set. the foam is not too good, but i have hex drives.

I got a lot of these from members here on rctech
Old 06-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You're Welcome! I am so glad that you could use them and that they are not in my shop anymore!

Scott
Old 06-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Scott! i hope to put them to good use.

I have a clutchbell and flywheel for the car, I just need to find 3 clutch shoes and springs that will fit.

I just wish i could find an appropriate old sports racer body for it.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo9000
i know i should open a snake farm

I was fortunate to catch one in such good shape. these cars are usually raced hard and in poor condition.
No kidding on finding a nice one. I had picked up an ancient as raced 1/10 Impact that had a very nice Lola body. The chassis seemd as if it had been baked in a oven as all the belts and some of the plastics were very hard and brittle. Oh, here is something you might find interesting..........
Attached Thumbnails old serpent-s-power-ron-paris-mod-002.jpg   old serpent-s-power-ron-paris-mod-009.jpg  
Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a 2000 spec 2wd Impact with Volvo touring car body and the FPS diff on it w/ an Evo4 MS 3 port on it if anyone is interested?
Old 06-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

My Serpent museum consist of the Quatrro, 10th Impulse, 4wd Impact, 8th Vector, 950, and resently the Sepent S400.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Those are great cars! I just built my first impulse some months ago. Couldnt afford one when they were new

perhaps one of my favorite kits...

Attached Thumbnails old serpent-impulse.jpg  
Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I just gave a race ready one away 2 weeks ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.