Community
Wiki Posts
Search

old serpent

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Red face Afterthought...

Side bar to that these all have the Novarossi Mega SX15 engine, all are 235mm cars, none were RTR's (do I wish), the 2WD was close to $700.00 new, the 4WD's were close to $1,000.00 new, all bought from the same store mail order from an RC Car Action add.

Sorry to be the newbie, I have a host of RC but my stuff is mostly old. I have new stuff but nothing new Serpent, -Gregory
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can somebody identify this diff? It was in one of the 2wd impacts i recently came across.

It is a clutch and stator type rather than balls. never seen one like it.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbo9000
Can somebody identify this diff? It was in one of the 2wd impacts i recently came across.

I believe it is a pro diff, used only in 2wd chassie.

Such a beauty, vintage 2WD Impact !
Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Wow,

Pro or not, really team I am not sure? I do have one exactly like this in my 2WD and I also have a locked rear axle too. Maybe soon I can post pictures up for you.

Oddly enough there is so much love for these elderly 235mm cars but so out of luck when it comes to bodies unless you're a Lola-Head but yeah I got that diff too.

Got little BB's inside, -Gregory
Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Lettuce
Pro or not, really team I am not sure? I do have one exactly like this in my 2WD and I also have a locked rear axle too. Maybe soon I can post pictures up for you.

Oddly enough there is so much love for these elderly 235mm cars but so out of luck when it comes to bodies unless you're a Lola-Head but yeah I got that diff too.

Got little BB's inside, -Gregory
I reckon you should be able to post pics after 10 or so posts. I would love to see your old serpents.

I have a question about the 1st gen centax clutch. I have several of these clutches now and i dont really know too much about how to set them up. It seems there is no way to adjust the endplay on the clutch bell. Only adjustments you can do is the clutch gap, and you have to shim behind the f/w collet to do this.

Its a little more primitive than the centax-2, which i am familiar with.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default FPS Diff

This is the FPS diff for Impact 2wd.
http://www.serpent.com/product/808390/

Regards.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

I reckon you should be able to post pics after 10 or so posts. I would love to see your old serpents.

I have a question about the 1st gen centax clutch. I have several of these clutches now and i dont really know too much about how to set them up. It seems there is no way to adjust the endplay on the clutch bell. Only adjustments you can do is the clutch gap, and you have to shim behind the f/w collet to do this.

Its a little more primitive than the centax-2, which i am familiar with.
'91 Centax cluth was intoduce by Serpent. Impact,835, and the vect0r. use Centax clutch. All three adjusting endplay were same. adding shims b/n the engine bearing an the collet. Done by assembling the whole assembly w/o shims, and checking the play from engine shaft and gear cluster. Write down the play you have with your measurement tool. With shims add up to your reading minus .05-.08 for freeplay. Install shims b/n engine bearing and collet. Assemble centax cluch. it should spin freely. Cutch engagement by Part #6583. Shims endplay shim part#6599 earlier centax clutches use a return spring 2's & 3's return spring was discontinued Still works the same.

Diff shown are from the Serpent 835, early Impacts used solid rear axles.

Last edited by Geezatec; 07-02-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cobra zz
This is the FPS diff for Impact 2wd.
http://www.serpent.com/product/808390/

Regards.
Thank you guys that is helpful info,

Cobra, do you know if the FPS diff still available? It is a neat piece.

I have found some tech notes about how to set up the old centax. I also have found several old, maybe 15 or so yrs, print outs of myTSN team driver tech docs. The previous owner of these impacts was very thorough. Even printed emails from art carbonell

This weekend i hope to run a big bad MS 7-port turbo i have cleaned up.

Now, i wish somebody else with an impact would race me If anybody wants to in austin tx, i have enough tires for all of us!
Old 07-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

I have found some tech notes about how to set up the old centax. I also have found several old, maybe 15 or so yrs, print outs of myTSN team driver tech docs. The previous owner of these impacts was very thorough. Even printed emails from art carbonell

Now, i wish somebody else with an impact would race me If anybody wants to in austin tx, i have enough tires for all of us!
Have been to Austin since my college day's!!! Earl Campbell day's!!! Graduated at UT!! RCRCNT in Dallas/Ft.Worth area. You may find a couple guys ou there useing the Impacts or 835. Really the class had died down since' 03-'04. May see them out in the parking lot seen.

Dilff of FPS parts Search either SerpentUSA.com and see if they have them in stock. Or go into Ashfordhobby.com, Robert, I believe has them instock. Robert is my supplier when I need it. All 3 permanent tracks in LA,Ca closed down. I'm in Las Vegas now the Silcer Bowl is available to me.

Good Luck in finding the Impact guys or 835 guys. 325mm pan car is upcoming racers, but electric.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Have been to Austin since my college day's!!! Earl Campbell day's!!! Graduated at UT!! RCRCNT in Dallas/Ft.Worth area. You may find a couple guys ou there useing the Impacts or 835. Really the class had died down since' 03-'04. May see them out in the parking lot seen.

Dilff of FPS parts Search either SerpentUSA.com and see if they have them in stock. Or go into Ashfordhobby.com, Robert, I believe has them instock. Robert is my supplier when I need it. All 3 permanent tracks in LA,Ca closed down. I'm in Las Vegas now the Silcer Bowl is available to me.

Good Luck in finding the Impact guys or 835 guys. 325mm pan car is upcoming racers, but electric.
Yeah, im close to UT, my roomate goes to school there. I'm not sure where to race around here yet. Dallas had a lot of great places.

i have been out to the rcrcnt club track, it was loong ago. I had a BMT pantera

I did get my sx-15 turbo engine running today! I have not turned over a nitro motor in months, and boy did it sound good.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, im close to UT, my roomate goes to school there. I'm not sure where to race around here yet. Dallas had a lot of great places.

i have been out to the rcrcnt club track, it was loong ago. I had a BMT pantera

I did get my sx-15 turbo engine running today! I have not turned over a nitro motor in months, and boy did it sound good.
My Impact M2 Challenger 4WD been sitting in my museum. Hasn't been fire up since '02. Engine rebuilt, and clutch & 2-speed rebult at the time. I have alot of rims with old foam tires, that are dry and hard. If I find donut I'll be in good shape to bring it back alive. I still have original gray rims and tire for referance of dimension on trueing donuts.

I did alot of racing under ROAR, From CT, FL, TX, NV, Ca and even Bangkok. 235 racin you'll find it still running in europe. Here in the States not much. So If you kinow where I can find donuts!! I may start it up for recreation~~ lol!!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, quick question.

I have probably half a dozen fuel tanks that all have dried up and blown out seals, (the black foam-ish looking seal under the lid)

I have seen a factory replacement seal that is an O-ring P/N SER1436

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi....pl?pn=SER1436

would this work in place of the black foam seal?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Feeling you guys, nothing to do the other day I took my M2 4wd off the shelf and reoiled it and just went over the whole car, man I love this car and mine only have 2 races on it before the class went sour
Old 07-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

I have 2 FPS diff still in the bag and tons of other 235 spares.
Anyone interetsed,PM me and i will senf pics of all that I have.

Mark Sweeney
Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Geezatec's car

Hey guys i encourage you to post up pics of your cars. Here are pics of Geezatec's impact M2 4wd.

The impact seems to be the car of the month right now.
Attached Thumbnails old serpent-dscn0011.jpg   old serpent-dscn0012.jpg   old serpent-dscn0015.jpg   old serpent-dscn0017.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.