Search

Foam Tyres (All Makes)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by stefan
The super g's were actually awesome tires, just the rims sucked big time
I bought donuts and mounted them to bmt wheels for a while.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Wow Omar,

that response gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside and wants me to run and buy tires from you, tons of them.

Don't take it the wrong way I just dislike people that bashes or make a negative suggestion without trying your product. In todays enviroment you cannot make everyone happy. You just have to try and make the majority of them happy.

(Just venting)
Old 04-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

what about driver the number one driver..huh? lol jp, i heard good things about twister tires

Driver number 1 was very good. I think he will start running our tires next year. Also this was the touring class in the Florida State Series.

Thanks
www.twistertires.com
Old 04-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by racinghobbies
Paolo M - If you dont have anything good to say. Stay quiet.
I don't think there's any ill intentions directed from Paolo. He was merely replying to my statement. I just thought that your post was more damaging than his.

If the assumptions were incorrect, then please let us know what Twister tires are instead of putting other people down. Are the foams specifically made for the Twister tire brand or are they the same rubber as GRP? Educate us if you may.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:25 PM

If you all judge tires by winning races, look no further than IFMAR champions as refferences, NOT local races.

It is a very simple common business pratices to say brand x tire that he/she sell or make is the better one. No harm or fault with that
Old 04-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by racinghobbies
Whoever told you that. tell them to talk to me.

Twister Tires are one of the better foam tires on the market today. We offer a very competive price for a highly competitive foam tire.
To give an example the number 2 and number 3 driver in the touring car uses these tires. The shore ratings are on the money and a super strong rim. You can order them by visiting www.twistertires.com.

Paolo M - If you dont have anything good to say. Stay quiet.

If you want to know about the tires ask.

Thanks
Racing Hobbies
561-929-7666
Stay cool Omar, i was not try to offend you.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
I don't think there's any ill intentions directed from Paolo. He was merely replying to my statement. I just thought that your post was more damaging than his.

If the assumptions were incorrect, then please let us know what Twister tires are instead of putting other people down. Are the foams specifically made for the Twister tire brand or are they the same rubber as GRP? Educate us if you may.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default GQ Tires

Hey Guys,

Anyone in the states interested in trying the GQ Tires, let me know. Richmond R/C(myself) is the exclusive Importer/Distributor of GQ Product in the US.

Drop me a PM or an Email. I have heard from many sources that the price in the UK is outrageous, not sure why this is, but its something that I am going to talk to GQ about.

I am trying to pass the value on to the racers, are as the dealers that I supply. Lets admit it, this is a hobby and it’s something that we all do with our "extra" money. Gouging the racers is not the way to make this a better sport. I cannot and will not speak for any of the other tire brands, but I am going to do my part in making the days of expensive tires a thing of the past.

BTW- Talk to Dennis Richey, the have been running the GQ tires on carpet and Dennis has told me the work pretty d*mn well.

Any questions? Please ask...

Duane Hegy
Richmond R/C
www.RCTexas.com Coming soon!!!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

What about GQ? All the guys using them here say they are good. Any comments from racers?

Cheers
Old 04-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

No problem. I generally do not participate on this forum. I was given a call and was told that there were some negative reactions to our tires posted on this thread. I was dissapointed by two comments made.
I apologise if I offended anyone.
Moving forward with what this thread is about. Discussing Tires.

These tires are made specially for Twister Tires. The rubber is a Japaneese compound. They are NOT GRP rubber.
The tires are available in Europe and South America. i am the sole distributor for the tires in the United States.

I have heard good things about the tires from most racers. 99.9%. The rubber is great. However the rims do not come in an offset, (We are working to fix) so for the Mugen MTX-3 you will need to add a spacer.
The rims are dish wheels and very strong. However some guys feel that they are prohibited to make a quick adjustment with a dish wheel.
Overall it is a great tire. I myself have tried most brand of tires from TRC, Super G''s, Take Off, Microsystems, Ellegi, Fast Tires, and Kawahara. And I rank it at the top.
For more info visit www.twistertires.com.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: GQ Tires

Originally posted by Richmond R/C
Hey Guys,

I have heard from many sources that the price in the UK is outrageous, not sure why this is, but its something that I am going to talk to GQ about.

Duane Hegy
Richmond R/C
www.RCTexas.com Coming soon!!!!!
Not just GQ tyres but all makes. All RC stuff in the UK is priced by taking the dollar retail price and making the same as pounds. I.E $200 = 200 UKP = $356!!!

Most tyres are sold in model shops at 14.99UKP = $26.68 a pair. Other items have the original US and Asian packaging on with a sticker over the $ price. I bought some engine mount crews that had a 2.50 UKP price tage stuck over a $1.99 printed price.

This is the reason i purchase ALL my stuff on the net even something that cost 50 pence!!
Old 04-27-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ziggy12345,

I've used the GQ tires and I'm very happy with them. The wheel is very durable and the rubber holds up very well. One thing that I've notices is it takes about 2 laps for the tire to break-in.

Mark
Old 04-27-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Say anybody tried Yokomo foam tires before? I hear that they are one of the best wearing / grip tires around but expensive. Perhaps they are the same as the Zac / Kawahara Japanese foam?
I have ran them. They are superior I think to Elligi or most other tires but far too expensive. They yield superglue grip (I was running 45fr/40rr when others could only get away with 37fr/35rr and they lasted for at least 2 full race meetings and 3 days of practise.

For me a full race day would consist of 4x 5min qualifiers, a 30min final and approx 1hr of practise time.

A practise day I would run anything up to 2 full hours over the day.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Who does the Yokomo tyres other than Speedtech?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone know a company that makes tires with a yellow 5 spoke pattern? Just finished my saleen body and am looking for wheels/tires to match/

Hers a link to body I have and the tires/rims im looking for:

http://www.hobbytron.net/HPI-SALEEN-...ODY-200MM.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.