Foam Tyres (All Makes)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Twister

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Has anyone tried out Twister tires?
Are they any good?
Twister tires look a lot like dish tires made by FAST. I bet they are the same.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ziggy12345
Dealers in the UK do sell GQ tyres. £14.99 per pair = $26.00!!!!!!!

So you see why we dont buy them here.

I want to try GQ but cant find them for an acceptable price....$8-9

Guys that do use them say they are great. The rubber does look different to Sato Seiki and Ellegi
you'd have to buy a bucket load of 'em to get close to that price shipped
Old 04-23-2004, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by ziggy12345
Dealers in the UK do sell GQ tyres. £14.99 per pair = $26.00!!!!!!!

So you see why we dont buy them here.

I want to try GQ but cant find them for an acceptable price....$8-9

Guys that do use them say they are great. The rubber does look different to Sato Seiki and Ellegi
hmmm... USD26 huh? That's really something
Old 04-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a little information on different foams from different continents.
Copied from Calandra Racing's website.

I thought this might be of interest on this thread:

Foam Tire Mysteries

Purple, Pink, Grey, Green, R4, F3, Black, Magenta....

What are all these names for foam tires? HELP!

The folks here at CRC are here to explain it all. Read this summary to better understand the various names that tire manufactures attach to the rubber. This will help you decide which tire you need and why.

Tires are grouped into what we call "families". These groups are designated based on chemical compounds of the actual rubber/foam mix.

Lets take a look.......

Japanese F

The Japanese rubber primarily used for front tires on asphalt is called Japanese "F". This rubber is tough as nails with a very high content of rubber and less foam. It wears like iron and is difficult to true and cut. The grip is fairly good but the tough design of the rubber prevents it from biting the surface like some other compounds. Rather than wear off in small chunks or pebbles of foam, this tire is known to melt and get very sticky under high heat. This makes this compound a great choice for asphalt, but not a good choice for carpet. The high friction of carpet racing causes these tires to get "sticky" and pick up grip during the race. If pushed even further, instead of wearing down, this rubber develops a sticky surface picking up debris and actually lowering grip levels.

The Japanese rubber typically used for rear tires is Japanese "R" rubber. This rubber has small pore structure and is very high grip and low wear. The rubber is used on the front in carpet racing and as a rear in asphalt racing. This rubber wears more than "F" type, but is much tougher than American or European rubber. When the rubber cures very hard, it makes for an excellent front tire.

Japanese C rubber is typically used for carpet racing. The foam is very light with decent wear. It is tougher than American foam and also has better grip. It does not last as long as F or R rubber.

American Rubber

Foam rubber dates back to the early days of racing on foam rubber tires. The foam rubber is very affordable. The compound provides decent grip but the life is low as they are typically high wear. Common names for America foam is green, blue, orange, yellow.

European/Italian

The Europeans and their love of 1/8th scale gas racing pushed the limits of American foam tires. The European (especially the Italian) companies were eager to find a better tire with more grip and less wear to handle the horsepower of the .21 engines that they were producing. The result is a unique "wet" dense rubber that provides more grip than American rubber on asphalt. The European rubber doesn't work very well for carpet racing. It is also the heaviest of the foam rubber tires.

Sometimes, combining thin rings of 2 different rubber types will give performance features unique to only a dual compound tire. The Orange/Purple combination on the front of a touring car is known as CRC Dual X-firm. These are great for the front on Carpet. Other manufactures designations are Plaid and Orange/purple.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Paolo, I think that skin is the glue that some manufacturers put at the side wall.
D, you are rigth.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Twister

Originally posted by InitialD
Twister tires look a lot like dish tires made by FAST. I bet they are the same.
Someone toldme that are ATS renamed
Old 04-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Good thread. I am hoping to learn more info. The past 4 years I only raced rubber tires on my nitro TC. This summer will be my first racing foam tires on it and I am having a hard time deciding what tires to order.

-Rich
Old 04-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

i used to use speed mind and FAST, but no more... now i use trc and will never go back. they have the best girp so far and they rarely chunk, especially if you put glue around the edges and then use the sticker, i love em
Old 04-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Whoever told you that. tell them to talk to me.

Twister Tires are one of the better foam tires on the market today. We offer a very competive price for a highly competitive foam tire.
To give an example the number 2 and number 3 driver in the touring car uses these tires. The shore ratings are on the money and a super strong rim. You can order them by visiting www.twistertires.com.

Paolo M - If you dont have anything good to say. Stay quiet.

If you want to know about the tires ask.

Thanks
Racing Hobbies
561-929-7666
Old 04-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

what about driver the number one driver..huh? lol jp, i heard good things about twister tires
Old 04-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by goldenboy
i used to use speed mind and FAST, but no more... now i use trc and will never go back. they have the best girp so far and they rarely chunk, especially if you put glue around the edges and then use the sticker, i love em
Sorry to burst your bubble, but TRC and Fast are the exact same tires made by GRP in Italy.

No difference in handling whatsoever.

If you see a difference, write it off under placebo.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racinghobbies
Whoever told you that. tell them to talk to me.

Twister Tires are one of the better foam tires on the market today. We offer a very competive price for a highly competitive foam tire.
To give an example the number 2 and number 3 driver in the touring car uses these tires. The shore ratings are on the money and a super strong rim. You can order them by visiting www.twistertires.com.

Paolo M - If you dont have anything good to say. Stay quiet.

If you want to know about the tires ask.

Thanks
Racing Hobbies
561-929-7666
Wow Omar,

that response gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside and wants me to run and buy tires from you, tons of them.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

hmmm.. i guess it is just the yellow haha
Old 04-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone remember Sumo tires? Grand Prix tires? and Super G tyres? I remember piloting my cars hell-bent for leather across the finishline wearing those colours.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

The super g's were actually awesome tires, just the rims sucked big time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.