Wiki Posts
Search

IFMAR Pre-Worlds -- Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
i click the link but then nothing plays just black screen!!
Had same problem, it's missing a plug in. Go to Adobe and download Flash 10, I think.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by griz11
I shot two 30 minute races on Sat and the whole A-Main on Sunday in addition to some practice sessions. I'm putting together the A-Main now. I've only done a long vid like this once before. It takes a lot more time than a 5 minute one. Just cleaning up the vid a bit. Cutting mistakes camera pointed at ground etc and editing in the other camera I used. I should have it all together tomorrow. Gotta get it done as I have another big race to go to this weekend. Same place other side of the lot

Griz
Thats awesome!

Take your time!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sorry about that

I have the code to detect that and do a fast install but I haven't had time to put it on my page. Folks are so suspicious with good reason when a site wants to change your machine so I haven't put it at a high priority. That should be the only thing that would keep you from viewing the vids. It needs to be at least version 8 so it will play h.264 mp4 files. The first third of the main is almost ready. I'll try and stay up and get it uploaded tonight.

Griz
Old 03-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default MP4 download available

Just now finishing up with part 1 of the main. It will be up shortly. Please watch it once on the stream. I bought that bandwidth to use for a few months and the last video went through a bunch of it. Not meaning to be a prick but if you would watch it once then download the mp4 which I'll have up soon then I'll be able to stretch that bandwidth a bit. I'm doing all this on my dime.

Download Pre-Worlds Overview
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...orlds-1-hi.mp4

The link for Part 1 of the Main will be at this link in less than an hour from now. Almost finished uploading to the CDN then it will be live.

www.promofo-racing.org/WC-WU-Pt1.html

Hope you enjoy and remember help me save a little bandwidth. This puppy is 266 meg every time someone watches it.

Download Part 1
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...p-Main-pt1.zip

That file is uploading now expect an hour or so. Its a big one.

Griz

Last edited by griz11; 03-10-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

its not allowing me to download it?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default All fixed now

Sorry about that. Should have slept before trying to type in the post That was a long edit. I finally got everything ready about 5am. I'll try and do the next part tonight. It will go much quicker now that I have the two tapes synched up. Thanks for downloading the vid. It is higher quality than the streaming version.

Its Mp4. If you have quicktime or vlc viewer or many others it will play just fine. Windows 7 finally has an avc (Mp4) encoder. For other versions of windoze I recommend the CoreAVC codec. Its 15 bucks downloadable and quick to install with no problems. If you have nvidia video hardware it will use the accelerated features of the card. The fastest avc codec out there. Once you have this installed you can play the Mp4 in media player with no problems except they won't show up in the file picker unless you go to the box and make it show all files. Media player until Windoze 7 is ignorant of avc files. It has its own form of mp4 witch is not compatible with the rest of the world. You will see more and more avc H.264 because its so efficient. The part one file is 41 gig and the hiqual mp4 is 266mb. Quite a big difference and tweaked properly very little loss of quality. Since version 8 of the flash player it will playback H.264 avc video no problem. Just like it was Flash. Simplifies the whole process of getting the stream to the user. I'm pleased with the way this set of tapes came out. I was very conservative on close ups. First time at a track I tend to do that. With the long races I got plenty of practice and now have that track down pat. A 1 hour main is HARD to shoot. I only rested up about 5 minutes out of the whole deal and most of that was to save some tape just in case it ran a little long. 63 minute tape leaves very little safety margin so I always save a bit in the middle of the race when things are settled down.

Griz
Old 03-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

very nice work, like I told you before if u consider what I told u before just let me know.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ah, great I'm able to download it now.
Tried it earlier today but didn't work, but great you fixed it.
Streaming also works great over here in Europe, but since I probably want to watch it multiple times I download it and save a bit of your bandwidth.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default Part II

More tight racing in this section. And by this time I'd learned the track and had all my zoom points lined up so I could get a little closer. Good thing there is the X-Ray Challenge so I can get in more practice before the Worlds comes back to town. I'd like to get in a little tighter but these guys move.

This just started uploading at 4:39 CST. It will be uploaded in a little short of an hour.

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...C-Warmup-2.zip

Griz
Old 03-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

More tight racing in this section. And by this time I'd learned the track and had all my zoom points lined up so I could get a little closer. Good thing there is the X-Ray Challenge so I can get in more practice before the Worlds comes back to town. I'd like to get in a little tighter but these guys move.

This just started uploading at 4:39 CST. It will be uploaded in a little short of an hour.

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...C-Warmup-2.zip

Griz
Hey! Wassup! Really nice work. Thank you so much for posting some videos for those of us out here in Internet land.

I like your zoom points in this video just fine. IMO, you don't need to zoom in anymore than you already are. I like it when I can see the racing line. If you zoom in too much, then all I see is car and no track. You were also in the right spot to catch the pit action, which is a real bonus! Its too bad the guy to the left of you didn't have the courtesy to keep his hands out of the frame.

Just as a discussion point, when I'm watching off-road video, I really don't care who is in what position, I just like watching the off-road action and when people get passed, but not necessarily how. It's cool when you zoom in on off-road cars, because you can see the suspension and the body moving, the terrain and all that dirt kicking up! But with on-road, close ups don't matter to me too much. They're great for videos and slow-mo action, but for actual race footage, I would rather see the racing line, the racing line ahead or a battle for position - which you had some opportunity to catch in this race.

I thought the close ups you did do were very helpful in helping me identify cars - especially when I could clearly see the paint scheme and/or number, but after that, when you started tracking someone, it didn't really matter too much. So as you did throughout the video, you can keep a wider shot as the car is at the far end and then zoom in as they pass the pits - or zoom in at the far end and then get a wider shot as they come toward you - or zoom in as they're going down the straight and back out a bit when they get to the far end. Once I know who I'm watching and with the announcer talking in the background, it's all good!

I hope some of these comments are helpful. As I said before, really nice work.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default It was a long reach

It was a long reach to the other side of the track. Out of the useful range of my zoom a bit. If I get to go back in July I hope to get a more central location so I only have half the track to cover then my lens will be in the comfort zone all day. I wasn't talking about getting close up and following one car. Just a little closer on the shots like coming towards me where I was trying to get good detail. This is totally different than trying to cover off-road. I wanted to try as much stuff as possible but still get useable tape. Especially of the main. I got a bit more bold on the stuff I shot on Sat. And if I get to go back I'll have someone that I'm in contact with spotting for me so I don't loose the leaders when the pitstops start. I was thinking about putting a camera looking down on the pits. I have 4 cameras but only used 2 of them last weekend. Well time to finish out part 3 so I'll have a clean slate when I get home from Houston with some off-road action this time. RCPRO Texas Series race 1.

Griz
Old 03-13-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default Just in time

The third part is uploading now. Should be about an hour. The drivers started making mistakes and so did I as the end of the race drew near. I can tell you that shooting an hour main is hard. Your brain is mush just like driving for an hour. I was getting confused as to who was leading towards the end so I stayed on the local guy Burch mostly. If I get to the Worlds I'm going to have a spotter for sure.

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...C-Warmup-3.zip

Time to head to Houston for the RCPRO Tx series race 1 at Gulf Coast. Should be at the X-Ray Challenge for the next on-road stuff I do.

Griz
Old 03-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The third part is uploading now. Should be about an hour. The drivers started making mistakes and so did I as the end of the race drew near. I can tell you that shooting an hour main is hard. Your brain is mush just like driving for an hour. I was getting confused as to who was leading towards the end so I stayed on the local guy Burch mostly. If I get to the Worlds I'm going to have a spotter for sure.

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...C-Warmup-3.zip

Time to head to Houston for the RCPRO Tx series race 1 at Gulf Coast. Should be at the X-Ray Challenge for the next on-road stuff I do.

Griz
waiting for it now to be completed. i tried downloading it but it was only 63mb so i guess i need to wait a bit more. guilty eager watcher i am

*edit
just finished downloading, tnx griz! enjoy in houston!

Last edited by ianhobbies; 03-13-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
i click the link but then nothing plays just black screen!!
i get the same thhing and when i got to youtube it says the video has been removed
Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default You must be out of the US

The video was yanked for music for some countries out of the US. I ran very low on bandwidth and so my site will stay up the rest of the month I had to turn off the part1 stream you can still download all 3 parts however. They are in Hi-Qual Mp4 and they are a race mix. Cars and announcer only pretty much the entire race minus maybe 5 or 6 minutes when I was shaking out my hands to get the blood flowing again or really quick moves which I always edit out. I sure hope I get to go to the race in July. Those photo passes are hard to obtain.

Griz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.