Wiki Posts
Search

Edam Spirit 10th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edam Racer
Went out with spirit yesterday and i don't know whats happened but it was handling like a pig, NO REAR grip and very little front. My setup is pretty basic. 30wt oil in rear shocks 50wt in front. 50,000 in front diff and 30,000 in rear. 6.5mm ride height front 7 rear (I would lower this but its as low as it will go) Camber is so tyres wear flat. -1 toe out at front +2 toe in at back. Roll bars were semi-hard.

What is wrong with that setup, my track is a low grip track, with fast bits and some tight bits.

Any help would be helpful
Thanks
Luke
Hi Luke

See below for a base line low grip setup for the Edam. Let me know how you get on, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Edam Spirit Base Setup – Low Traction

Front:

Front Width: 199mm
Ride Height: 5.5mm
Upper Suspension Holder: Middle
Upper Arm Mount – 2 shims
Roll Bar: 45 Deg
Toe: .5 Toe Out/Side
Droop: -1mm
Bump Stop: Nil
Castor: 2mm in front of arm
Shock Oil: 1000 cst
Shock Piston: 2 hole
Shock Spring: 33 Lb/In
Shock Position: Middle hole
Front Axle: Spool

Rear:

Rear Width: 200mm
Ride Height: 6 mm
Lower Suspension Mount: Middle Hole
Camber Link: Lowest Hole
Roll Bar: 0 Deg
Toe: 3 deg Toe In/Side
Droop: 3 mm
Shock Piston: 3 hole
Shock Spring: 23.5 Lb/In
Shock Position: 3rd Hole Up
Rear Diff: 30,000 wt
Side Pully: 23T

Body:

Blitz Altis 2.3

Regards

Kyle
Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
Hi Luke

See below for a base line low grip setup for the Edam. Let me know how you get on, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Edam Spirit Base Setup – Low Traction

Front:

Front Width: 199mm
Ride Height: 5.5mm
Upper Suspension Holder: Middle
Upper Arm Mount – 2 shims
Roll Bar: 45 Deg
Toe: .5 Toe Out/Side
Droop: -1mm
Bump Stop: Nil
Castor: 2mm in front of arm
Shock Piston: 2 hole
Shock Spring: 33 Lb/In
Shock Position: Middle hole
Front Axle: Spool

Rear:

Rear Width: 200mm
Ride Height: 6 mm
Lower Suspension Mount: Middle Hole
Camber Link: Lowest Hole
Roll Bar: 0 Deg
Toe: 3 deg Toe In/Side
Droop: 3 mm
Shock Piston: 3 hole
Shock Spring: 23.5 Lb/In
Shock Position: 3rd Hole Up
Rear Diff: 30,000 wt
Side Pully: 23T

Body:

Blitz Altis 2.3

Regards

Kyle

Thank you, i will put that setup on my car and see how it goes. With ride height, with my serpent 720 i could get 6mm all over with 65mm foam tyres, but now with the spirit i can hardly get 6mm with 58mm foam tyres. Any ideas?

Cheers
Luke
Old 03-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thank you, i will put that setup on my car and see how it goes. With ride height, with my serpent 720 i could get 6mm all over with 65mm foam tyres, but now with the spirit i can hardly get 6mm with 58mm foam tyres. Any ideas?

Cheers
Luke
Hi Luke,

I have not an issue like that, optimum tyre size is 57F/59R. I used that size on the weekend with 6mm ride height.

Will send you though a pm with my email address, send me a pic when you get a chance and I will take a look.

Regards

Kyle
Old 03-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey everyone. I won a EDAM Spirit 981 Kit at a resent race. It seems like a pretty cool car but due to sponsorship commitments I just can't use it. PM me if you are interested. Oh and one more thing I really appreciate EDAM being a race sponsor and providing the kit.

JEFF
Old 03-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Cheers
Luke
the rear shock springs are too long for the car. they could have made the bottom shock seat flatter to help but really you just need different springs.

I'm still running the kyosho shocks at the moment, the length and bladder are not ideal for me yet so I am hoping for some kind of change.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Whats going on out there in SPIRIT land been very quiet here ?????????

I know in Aus that Edam finish 1st and 3rd at SORMCC last week good drives from Kyle & Craig (lucky i wasn't there ) any reports from either what setup they ran did you guy's try anything different ?????????

The NSW champs are coming up in a couple of weeks and there is a great number of Edams running there Edam have Jesse Davis from Vic coming up Kyle Hazell NSW and Craig Hawkins NSW in Pro Tourer then in Pull Start there is Steve Valletta NSW and Joe Patane NSW (the Edam importer) and Adrian Vella from Vic as well.

GOOD LUCK boys hope all goes well.

Cheers Michael
Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike 78
Whats going on out there in SPIRIT land been very quiet here ?????????

I know in Aus that Edam finish 1st and 3rd at SORMCC last week good drives from Kyle & Craig (lucky i wasn't there ) any reports from either what setup they ran did you guy's try anything different ?????????

The NSW champs are coming up in a couple of weeks and there is a great number of Edams running there Edam have Jesse Davis from Vic coming up Kyle Hazell NSW and Craig Hawkins NSW in Pro Tourer then in Pull Start there is Steve Valletta NSW and Joe Patane NSW (the Edam importer) and Adrian Vella from Vic as well.

GOOD LUCK boys hope all goes well.

Cheers Michael
Hey lance nunn also:
Old 03-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default edam wins again

EDAM wins at moorebank race way sydney australia powered by RB
Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys been playing around with my Edam during the week thought i would post some pictures and breif description on what i have done -

Fitted Titanium lay shaft
Titanium screws under chassis and in front and rear bulk head sections
Alloy screws through redio plate and rear shock tower
New front layshaft aluminium carrier
Front Diff
Weight 1698grams no fuel and with transponder (hidden in receiver box) 57mm fronts and 59mm rears

I will be giving it a run on sunday we will see how it performs. I have put the base setup that Kyle Hazell used as posted above here except i'm using front diff not spool(if only i could drive like him who knows what might happen).

Does anyone know if you can get a brass battery holder for the Spirit at all ?

Cheers Michael

Last edited by Mike 78; 06-26-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good lookin car...as for the brass battery tray. I have test fitted the YBslow tray for the NT1 and it fits well. http://www.ybslowinc.com/

A word of caution though...be careful using aluminum screws on the stress points on the car. ie. bulkhead, shocks etc...might want to keep those steel or titanium

I am working on a two piece radio tray mount where the lower section is brass and the upper is plastic to help with lowering the cg.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default VICTORY AGAIN

EDAM & RB WIN AGAIN AT MOOREBANK
Old 04-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ballistik Mods
EDAM & RB WIN AGAIN AT MOOREBANK
Yes Sean, another great win by Kyle and his trusty mechanic Corey and the JPM Racing team.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Hello guys,

Well if you like the Spirit 1/10th Nitro Car, and you like "Gold", then Edam's new release of the Spirit Gold Edition ARTR 1/10th Touring Car just may fill your niche!!

This car is Gold! Featuring all the Optional parts like upper A arm hangers in gold, Golf Titanium layshaft, middle bracket, adjustable steering servo saver, Edam Engine (P30) with Gold Head, and Gold Exhaust System. Of course a beautiful gold chassis sitting on Edam's new foam racing tires with rims colored to match nicely with this Gold package.

Not sure if you actually race this car or build it and place it on the shelf for display??! However the Spirit Gold Edition is a complete Almost Ready To Run kit. Just add your radio system and go play.

I have pictures for all below.
Attached Thumbnails Edam Spirit 10th Scale-edam-racing-spirit-981-gold.jpg   Edam Spirit 10th Scale-edam-racing-spirit-981gold-2.jpg  
Old 05-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

well done on the win in the south australian state titles Jessie Daves
and by 3 laps

cheers brett
Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default EDAM

It was a great weekend for Edam/RB and JPM Racing. At the SA titles you had - 1st Jesse Davis (Edam/RB) only missing TQ slightly then at Moorebank you had Kyle Hazell (Edam/RB) TQ with fellow JPM Racing driver Craig Hawkins (Edam/RB) in 2nd spot after qualifing then in the finals Kyle won, unfortunatley Craig made a mistake and that led to him finishing in 5th.

Great result for Edam over the weekend, well done to the boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.