Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it's unfortunate that the car was stolen. It was my father's car. But don't let it give you a negative outlook on the race itself. There is a great bunch of guys up there in Lincoln. One of which who lent his car to my father for the race. unfortunately at so many big races something negative happens and that's the thoughts that us not being there see sometimes. And we don't see the positive parts like B.J. loaning his car to a fellow driver to race.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redsand
Is NE crime rate up ? Coz, last time I lived there back in the 90's it was pretty much a safe town.
I do live in Lincoln and it is a pretty safe town. It only takes 1 douchebag to make things look worse then they are. Hopefully the D-bag that stole the car shows up soon to race it... Sweet Revenge.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Rich,
Give Scott & Rick my support! Good luck guys!
Brian
Old 06-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pictures Please!!!!!!!!!!! and official results,
Thanks,
Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris K
I'm NOT sure that this is a job for ROAR.... In this part of the country, generally Police investigate this type of thing....

and I don't LIVE in Lincoln but come here regularly and in my opinion it is one of the safest towns in the Midwest and probably the whole country. They have a very low crime rate (I am told by those who live here!) and I honestly never feel threatened here!

With that said, no matter how big or small the barrel, there's always the chance that a few bad apples will spoil it!!!!!! AND, sadly that is what happened at this event.

The starter box was recovered - an innocent mistake is what I heard. The car and temp gun are still missing......

BUT, there's still some time AND the Lincoln Police were interested enough that they took a report. Who knows, the thief might do something even more stupid and get caught!!!
Would they consider it as a grand theft auto ?
Old 06-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Rich,
Give Scott & Rick my support! Good luck guys!
Brian
Hey Brian!

RickieBoy TQed Masters!! Scott was on a monster last qualifier run and got held up by traffic - his car is razor fast, now. He qualified, overall, 3rd, which puts him directly into the show. Got say, the Snake is very, very good for the Empire Boys. Jimmie has to get in the show the hard way - he took the win in his 1/8th final (he ran last night). His 1/4 final is next. Scott's sedan is quick, qualifying 5th, he needs to come up from right ladder (only 4 are seeded directly) into the show. Paolo helped with the sedan - during practice it seemed to be handling better. The Serpent support has been awesome. It is nice to have the help and feedback of a well organized team with a quality product.

Looks like very heavy rain this morning. We won't get started (I'm guessing here) till Noon if we are that lucky. Doppler looks bad for the next 3 hours. The iPad weather application is the bomb, we can see the storms before they hit. Handy. Lot's of races need to be run. I feel bad for the race directors the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate today. Remember, I am not a weatherman, I hope I'm wrong

All for now

Last edited by Rich Browne; 06-13-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

They just announced that the track will be open for practice at 8:00am and racing will begin at 9:00am!!!!

There is rain coming from the south BUT it looks like it could split and it is dissapating as it comes this way so IF we get on the track and create a strong VORTEX (only NASCAR fans will understand that one!) it could cause a shift in the rain and dry track conditions. AND, yes, I still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny!

AND, here's a link to the results: ROAR on road Nats results 1st 10 mains

Thanks to Live RC!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well my week is over. Car was amazing but the loose screw behind the wheel hurt me in qualifying.

I must say that I really like this track. It's fun to drive, challenging and short enough that it doesn't kill motors. Only down side is a bit of tire wear.

I'm getting ready to head to the track to do some pit work but it doesn't look too good out here. Overcast and the wind is really starting to rip.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

AND, I got a few pictures up before I head out to the track!

ROAR On Road Nats Pictures
Old 06-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Lincoln has one of the oddest weather systems ever, The storms tend to split and roll around rather then through.

Hope all goes well today.
Good Luck Racers!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Breaking news....

We are under a rain delay... weird because that never happens.

All kidding aside, the race has been a lot of fun. The club has a great track here and of course the RMT has done a great job. Hopefully we get these mains in today.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

We are hanging out chatting and visiting. Nice to have some time to talk with friends. Usually, we are all so focused we don't get much time to chat.

We have had a good time - to bad about the weather, but, that's racin'.

Soonest we will be on the track is around 12:00 if at all

Blacketter, where the hell are you?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
We are hanging out chatting and visiting. Nice to have some time to talk with friends. Usually, we are all so focused we don't get much time to chat.

We have had a good time - to bad about the weather, but, that's racin'.

Soonest we will be on the track is around 12:00 if at all

Blacketter, where the hell are you?
Just waiting to see some of your fancy pit work. Tell me you guys are going to change tires in the main.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
Just waiting to see some of your fancy pit work. Tell me you guys are going to change tires in the main.
Oh, a tire change in Sedan, too. Lucky, lucky me
Old 06-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Still working up the ladders. A Mains should start around 5:15

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.