Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edtion

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Had a good test of the car for the first time this weekend at the RCX challenge. My car was absolutely great. Most competitive I have ever been. There was still a something to improve as I could lose the rear of the car on corner exit if I didn't roll the throttle, but even with that small issue, the car was simply awesome.
Great job Scott, you looked very fast all weekend; and were definetely the guy setting up the pace for everybody.
I'm glad to see Kyosho at the top, it was sad to see that wheel getting lose.
Anyways, good job.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wad
Great job Scott, you looked very fast all weekend; and were definetely the guy setting up the pace for everybody.
I'm glad to see Kyosho at the top, it was sad to see that wheel getting lose.
Anyways, good job.
Watching that tire roll off the car didn't really make me too happy either, but it was nice to have a car perform that well.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

very nice car
Old 03-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Lightbulb Ceramic vs. metal shield b.b's

has anyone tried ceramic bearings? I have had both acer and boca. I think the metal shielded that comes in the kit roll smoother as long as you keep them free of dirt.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Congrats Scott, sounds like you did a fantastic job! So, what's your opinion - Shimo version makes you shine obviously - what's you opinion about the car compared to previous versions you've had ? Thanks
Old 03-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
Congrats Scott, sounds like you did a fantastic job! So, what's your opinion - Shimo version makes you shine obviously - what's you opinion about the car compared to previous versions you've had ? Thanks
I can't really say if it was the car or I just had a good weekend. Having a new car with the clutch and shocks probably didnt hurt anything though.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

OK, thanks Scott.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default brake question

Hi friends which brakes you would suggest for kyosho rrr series?

Kfactory G4/V1RRR Real Racing Brake Pads (For Most Kyosho Cars)
Kyosho V1RRR EVO/2 Acre Brake Pad
Kyosho V1RRR EVO/2 APP Brake Pad

and... U think the new brake Shimo disk is better than the old one? It's lighter, sure, but the pads have minor mass to apply force isnt'it? THANKS!

Sorry for my english i'm ITALIAN ...

Novarossi RULEZZ !

Last edited by dowhile; 03-28-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: grammatical mistake
Old 03-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho_ken
has anyone tried ceramic bearings? I have had both acer and boca. I think the metal shielded that comes in the kit roll smoother as long as you keep them free of dirt.

http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=84_95
Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

well i have a vone i just want some advice on a battery for my starter box. i used a gellcell to start my vone now i want to change to lipo. what would you recommend an 3s lipo? how many mAh battery i want it to last me a day at the track with out having to worrying about recharging it or blowing up.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dowhile
Hi friends which brakes you would suggest for kyosho rrr series?

Kfactory G4/V1RRR Real Racing Brake Pads (For Most Kyosho Cars)
Kyosho V1RRR EVO/2 Acre Brake Pad
Kyosho V1RRR EVO/2 APP Brake Pad

and... U think the new brake Shimo disk is better than the old one? It's lighter, sure, but the pads have minor mass to apply force isnt'it? THANKS!

Sorry for my english i'm ITALIAN ...

Novarossi RULEZZ !
I have not run the Acre pad so I tell you about that pad. I have tried the Kfactory pad and had massive brake fade. I switched back to the APP pad I like it much better. Go with the Kyosho pads.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olkleaf
well i have a vone i just want some advice on a battery for my starter box. i used a gellcell to start my vone now i want to change to lipo. what would you recommend an 3s lipo? how many mAh battery i want it to last me a day at the track with out having to worrying about recharging it or blowing up.
I use the Losi 2200mah 4s battery and I cant tell you how long it will last. I did just use it for a 3 day race and never had to recharge it.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olkleaf
3s is a little on the weaker side, colder weather or a new motor can put some serious strain on a starter box battery and that extra voltage can put you over the top, however some chargers will not charge 4s packs so check your charger first.

either 2x 2s or a 4s (lifepo4 is an even BETTER fit because it doesn't puff when over discharged) will be a better fit in your box.

Couple things to keep in mind when buying starter box lipo's 15c is too low, you will puff your pack quickly, especially with 1/8 scale, 25c or better 40c is overkill and a waste of money.

2000mah should last you a full race day and some, I've run 2 days plus on 2500mah.

Use deans or another high current connector, those starter box motors can draw high amps when starting a tight motor.

From personal experience Hyperion, Protek, Tenergy, and Turnigy all make decent quality low cost 4s 25c packs.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have been using this with much success:

can get it at rc-mushroom
Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

thanks guys. i think im going to have to go with 2 x 2s. my charger doesnt accept 4s lipos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.