Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by flex82
You can keep your motonica, just because the diff ball. Its the best things for a pan car. But you must check all time or rebuilt it after 1-2 hour. its the famous problem with this diff ball from motonica. I envy the diff ball, but i can't use on my forfaster.
The best way to help with the life of the Motonica Ball-Diff is to retrofit the Serpent Ball-Diff from the Impact and Vector line. The materials are higher quality. You can find new sets in the bay, or used to at Ashford hobbies.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not only french and italian peoples like pan car. Its nice to see that
But i think the rules race are differents in all country.
Just strange for me to see a lot of people drive a wrc gt due. Nobody in french championship use it(around 90 racers).
I will follow this tread.
If you have some questions with pan car in france, i can try to help with my small english.
i was doing some on line shopping and found the great looking mantua intrepid, great car but what a price!. 590 eu is around 800 canadian. have you ever seen one of these cars at your races? PS we get basic french in school but no way i could write something.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 5italkart
i was doing some on line shopping and found the great looking mantua intrepid, great car but what a price!. 590 eu is around 800 canadian. have you ever seen one of these cars at your races? PS we get basic french in school but no way i could write something.
Man it's funny to see the car brought up again. Even while in Italy did you rarely see a Mantua, Brain, Brain LF, or the Brain Full Option. Even in 2011 Mantua quoted 595 € for the full option and 460 € for the plain Brain. That did not include shipping. I think they are built or put together only when an order arrives. I never saw one at a hobbyshop on the shelf.

I know the scene in Italy is comprised mainly of BP, Motonica, WRC and Forfaster.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:43 AM
Tech Rookie

@1/8 IC Fan I thought about it too for the serpent ball diff. I used it on my impact when i started rc. Do you have this ball diff? Because im i will be very interesting for the measures of it. it's for me
The problem can be too the drive shaft when we try to fit a new diff.

@5italkart i saw just 1 mantua last year at the pan car french cup. The driver was not really happy.He was beside me, him done a lot of modification on the car. Dremel was on the table All i know, he drive a other car now.

In france, mostly people use forfaster, motonica, spm ,some brx and bp too.(i forget to said brx and bp lastime)
Old 09-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

@1/8 IC Fan I thought about it too for the serpent ball diff. I used it on my impact when i started rc. Do you have this ball diff? Because im i will be very interesting for the measures of it. it's for me
The problem can be too the drive shaft when we try to fit a new diff.

@5italkart i saw just 1 mantua last year at the pan car french cup. The driver was not really happy.He was beside me, him done a lot of modification on the car. Dremel was on the table All i know, he drive a other car now.

In france, mostly people use forfaster, motonica, spm ,some brx and bp too.(i forget to said brx and bp lastime)

Flex82, if you can please send me a PM with your email, its quite the modification, and requires adapters to center the diff. I can send pics of the setup in my car and I know there you may have many friends that have access to a mill and may be able to make these for you. You also have to modify the Pulley but I have noticed that you may be able to run the Smaller Pulley from the Impact and also change the pulley on the lay shaft to let you play with Motor RPM vs. Tire RPM, this can help on technical tight and open tracks to keep you in the power band and not stall out or strain the motor.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

@1/8 IC Fan thanks a lot.
Yes i was sure to change all the pulley and maybe the belt too for fit a other diff
But what is your pan car ? Whatever, i will be very happy just for see your work.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Diffs

Deep in this form we talked diffs as I was ready to buy. Several Europeans racers suggested that the gear diff held it's setting much better then the ball diff. So I bought the gear diff. I now have been running my fleet of 4 Motonicas and 3 WRCs, all with gear diffs all with lots of laps on them, 4 full seasons. I run 200,000 wt oil and they are working just fine.
From the old days, I was a ball diff guy, but the times have changed. I would suggest instead of doing allot of work on the ball diff to make it work, track down a gear diff for your car.
Good luck on what ever you do!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 09-08-2015, 04:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Deep in this form we talked diffs as I was ready to buy. Several Europeans racers suggested that the gear diff held it's setting much better then the ball diff. So I bought the gear diff. I now have been running my fleet of 4 Motonicas and 3 WRCs, all with gear diffs all with lots of laps on them, 4 full seasons. I run 200,000 wt oil and they are working just fine.
From the old days, I was a ball diff guy, but the times have changed. I would suggest instead of doing allot of work on the ball diff to make it work, track down a gear diff for your car.
Good luck on what ever you do!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Im not really agree with you. I will think the reverse of what you said. The problem with gear diff is not steady. I give you an exemple with a final of 30minutes, when the gear diff start to be very hot,its not the same car at the end of the final.
All of my friends have the same problem. Its mostly the problem with silicone oil and the evolution of the track too.
With the ball diff, You have more precision for set up it then a gear diff.
For set up a ball diff its take 1minutes, for setup a gear diff, we must change the oil. It takes 5-10 minutes and the precision of what we want can be not perfect too.
The power of the engine not help too, its a mix about set up diff-clutch-engine and evolution of the track. We use same engine then the 1/8 4X4.
The best french drivers on motonica use all time the ball diff. Its maybe for something too
Anyway, ball diff or gear diff, the most important things is to have some fun.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Don't say "sorry"

Im not really agree with you. I will think the reverse of what you said. The problem with gear diff is not steady. I give you an exemple with a final of 30minutes, when the gear diff start to be very hot,its not the same car at the end of the final.
All of my friends have the same problem. Its mostly the problem with silicone oil and the evolution of the track too.
With the ball diff, You have more precision for set up it then a gear diff.
For set up a ball diff its take 1minutes, for setup a gear diff, we must change the oil. It takes 5-10 minutes and the precision of what we want can be not perfect too.
The power of the engine not help too, its a mix about set up diff-clutch-engine and evolution of the track. We use same engine then the 1/8 4X4.
The best french drivers on motonica use all time the ball diff. Its maybe for something too
Anyway, ball diff or gear diff, the most important things is to have some fun.
Something to think about. If the ball diff works better, why are the Motonica Extreme and Extreme II plus the WRC Due and Evo only offered with a gear diff?

We do run our cars set up for different things, our tracks have tighter turns, boards, and we spray our track so traction is good from the start (does get better as the day goes on.) We aren't looking for the fastest pan car, so we limit the motors. this keeps price of racing down in several ways. Price of the motor to start, burn less fuel, hits thing at slower speed so doesn't break as often, thus you get more track time and less repairing. Yet our racing is very close. If you feel the need for speed (and a lot of us do) go 4wd, but our 2wd pans are no less fun. Do you race 4wd and 2wd on the same race day?

Thank you for the input as I will work at getting a ball diff to test.

One last thing, don't say "sorry", I think your being French is just so very cool!
Old 09-09-2015, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Something to think about. If the ball diff works better, why are the Motonica Extreme and Extreme II plus the WRC Due and Evo only offered with a gear diff?

We do run our cars set up for different things, our tracks have tighter turns, boards, and we spray our track so traction is good from the start (does get better as the day goes on.) We aren't looking for the fastest pan car, so we limit the motors. this keeps price of racing down in several ways. Price of the motor to start, burn less fuel, hits thing at slower speed so doesn't break as often, thus you get more track time and less repairing. Yet our racing is very close. If you feel the need for speed (and a lot of us do) go 4wd, but our 2wd pans are no less fun. Do you race 4wd and 2wd on the same race day?

Thank you for the input as I will work at getting a ball diff to test.

One last thing, don't say "sorry", I think your being French is just so very cool!
About your first question , i see only 2 things,and you said it on your past post. they put gear diff, because its easy to put oil and easy for people who start pan car or rc car and less care too. They dont put inside too, because its an optional parts like mostly brand who have optional parts in their book.Only motonica have this ball diff option.

Im agree with you too for keep price down.Its nice to do that. But i follow the french rules(no limit on engine and 16%nitro fuel). I dont have any problem with engine big or small.We can find good price for nitro engine here(small or big engine). My first engine was a novarossi classico 5 ports.Its was good engine.For exemple, my last engine(top 7 on-road) broke at 40 liters because my bad(clutch problem).And i m sure, it was possible to do a lot of more with it. With my experience, i can said, we dont need to have a big engine on pan car.Its better to focus on car,clutch and diff setups.A small engine is good for club race. But if i do french national race, i must have a big engine.

I race only Pan car 2wd, but maybe next year, i will go to 1/8 4X4, because maybe we will not have enough drivers for make some regional-club race next year.

Thank you for your kind words about french. But like you can see. My english skill in not good as well and i miss some words and some technical words too. I write that like a joke or for some people who laugh at me with my poor english skills My last english lesson been 15 years ago and i never speak english in france.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Whiting's

My WRC car is ready for round 5 of the US Midwest Series. My Novarossi REX Legend 5 GTI has been very good but my setup needed work. I have made several changes that I hope will help. See you all in Portage.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_0420.jpg  
Old 09-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Looking forward to it

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
My WRC car is ready for round 5 of the US Midwest Series. My Novarossi REX Legend 5 GTI has been very good but my setup needed work. I have made several changes that I hope will help. See you all in Portage.

Jeff
Looking forward to seeing you in Portage, perhaps I too will be running a WRC, Motonica has gone back to 4wd, but I don't remember what motor is in the WRC. (to many car in the fleet) If I can help in any way (you too, have to many cars in your fleet). Let me know, and good luck to you!

Also, looks as if our family of racers will match yours in numbers, as you know, that's the real fun of it all!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good luck to all Pan car drivers at Portage race. Miss all you guys here in Ph until the 28 of September. See all in Cincy for final race of season. GMAN
Old 09-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Nationals?

About your first question , i see only 2 things,and you said it on your past post. they put gear diff, because its easy to put oil and easy for people who start pan car or rc car and less care too. They dont put inside too, because its an optional parts like mostly brand who have optional parts in their book.Only motonica have this ball diff option.

Im agree with you too for keep price down.Its nice to do that. But i follow the french rules(no limit on engine and 16%nitro fuel). I dont have any problem with engine big or small.We can find good price for nitro engine here(small or big engine). My first engine was a novarossi classico 5 ports.Its was good engine.For exemple, my last engine(top 7 on-road) broke at 40 liters because my bad(clutch problem).And i m sure, it was possible to do a lot of more with it. With my experience, i can said, we dont need to have a big engine on pan car.Its better to focus on car,clutch and diff setups.A small engine is good for club race. But if i do french national race, i must have a big engine.

I race only Pan car 2wd, but maybe next year, i will go to 1/8 4X4, because maybe we will not have enough drivers for make some regional-club race next year.

Thank you for your kind words about french. But like you can see. My english skill in not good as well and i miss some words and some technical words too. I write that like a joke or for some people who laugh at me with my poor english skills My last english lesson been 15 years ago and i never speak english in france.
We don't have a national event because ROAR hasn't even notice that 2wd could only help 1/8th gas on road, they're playing in the dirt.

My english isn't all that either. The important thing is another RC Racers is speaking good stuff! I thank-you for that as I'm learning from you. My guess is any real RC Racer isn't laughing at all, but taking it all in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.