Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps2d027f52.jpg
if anyone wants vintage stuff get ahold of Schmaltz...we about to order...
http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...at2=11&cat3=16
On a modern pan the motor (and fueltank) is sitting more forwards. Anyone knows if I would have to cut the cokpit/driver figure to make that body (or other simillar bodies) work on a modern pan?

Last edited by 2wdrive; 02-03-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
On a modern pan the motor (and fueltank) is sitting more forwards. Anyone knows if I would have to cut the cokpit/driver figure to make that body (or other simillar bodies) work on a modern pan?
More than likely yes... You will lose some... If not most of the driver
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Last call for body orders! Let me know if you are interested ASAP!

Ned
sent my list too matt please check your email
Old 02-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Calling Garen...I need to get a P8C Extreme or what ever the current 2wd car is. PM me please.

Or I'm going to have to get one of the crazy hot rodders hanging out in this thread to build me something!!
you will be happy with the p8c, just need a vintage bod too keep up with uncle lon
Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Bodies

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Add a third Elfin to my order, and is there anything in the way of Indy bodies yet like the Coyote?
Phil,
Check the Delta Plastik site, they have a number of Open-Wheel bodies. I need to get you the other vintage body website. He doesn't list the Coyote body any more but it woud be worth asking. (I tried to see if my buddy would sell his but he's keeping it....
Old 02-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Default Pan Bodies

Originally Posted by 5italkart
you will be happy with the p8c, just need a vintage bod too keep up with uncle lon
Hey Joe, (and all)
Glad you are re-considering going back to the dark side (4wd)!

Disclaimer:

Please remember that the bodies I am helping to get are not in anyway connected with the pan car class running in Toledo or the Midwest Series. (We tried that before the consensus was to run current bodies to heip the handling and speed.) These bodies are for the guys who get them to have for there own personal enjoyment, not to be confused with any class of RC racing anywhere.

Comment:

Personally I would like to see tha pan class run different bodies than those used in the 4wd open class. GT would be great in my mind. But, that was not what the guys who run every week wanted to do...)

Hope to see you a few times this season!!

Ned
Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default "vintage" class?

Hey Joe, (and all)

Disclaimer:

Please remember that the bodies I am helping to get are not in anyway connected with the pan car class running in Toledo or the Midwest Series. (We tried that before the consensus was to run current bodies to heip the handling and speed.) These bodies are for the guys who get them to have for there own personal enjoyment, not to be confused with any class of RC racing anywhere.

Comment:

Personally I would like to see tha pan class run different bodies than those used in the 4wd open class. GT would be great in my mind. But, that was not what the guys who run every week wanted to do...)

Ned
is there a class to run "vintage" cars in?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Phil,
Check the Delta Plastik site, they have a number of Open-Wheel bodies. I need to get you the other vintage body website. He doesn't list the Coyote body any more but it woud be worth asking. (I tried to see if my buddy would sell his but he's keeping it....
Ned...whats the website of the dooood that wa /is doing the Parma repops??....dont see his stuff on Ebay anymore...
Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Default Vintage bodies on modern pan cars

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Some work better than others. Here an example of a Lotus 78 F1 body on an older Motonica P8.

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_0222.jpg

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_0223.jpg

Not the best for quick fuel stops, but this is intended to be more of a "fun" class than Pro Level Racing!! lol
Old 02-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Default BMT FLEET!

Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72
is there a class to run "vintage" cars in?

Nice fleet! I ran BMT's bace in the early 90's, decent cars, except I didn't like the springs....

For the discussions here, we are really only talking Pan or non-suspension cars. Don't know of anybody running "vintage suspension cars".

Ned
Old 02-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Hey Joe, (and all)

Disclaimer:

Comment:

Ned
I have an old Indy body that I ran briefly in Cincy at the Snowball, and I have exactly one unpainted, uncut Indy body left. I'd prefer to run Indy bodies myself in pan class...something to help us stand out instead of just being more of the same, but I'll go with the concensus (unless it's GT in which case I'm out, I hate GT bodies, lol.) Then again, I think truck bodies would look really good for the GT guys, and not too bad for pan either, but I don't think anyone else other than Tom and I like that idea.

Then again, just sitting here navel gazing...why not let pan be a "run what ya brung" class as per body? Because of the high tracktion at Toledo, I don't think any one body would have a significant advantage over the other, and would allow us to personalize as we see fit. The Roar rules could still apply as to body cutouts and such, wing dimensions, etc.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Default ?????

I have an old Indy body that I ran briefly in Cincy at the Snowball, and I have exactly one unpainted, uncut Indy body left. I'd prefer to run Indy bodies myself in pan class...something to help us stand out instead of just being more of the same, but I'll go with the concensus (unless it's GT in which case I'm out, I hate GT bodies, lol.) Then again, I think truck bodies would look really good for the GT guys, and not too bad for pan either, but I don't think anyone else other than Tom and I like that idea.

Then again, just sitting here navel gazing...why not let pan be a "run what ya brung" class as per body? Because of the high tracktion at Toledo, I don't think any one body would have a significant advantage over the other, and would allow us to personalize as we see fit. The Roar rules could still apply as to body cutouts and such, wing dimensions, etc.
Whatever....Good luck getting anybody to run open-wheel! lol And truck bodies for 1/8th scale? I saw one SEMI on the Delta Plastik site, you and Lon Sr. can run those...

PS: I love GT bodies....
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Whatever....Good luck getting anybody to run open-wheel! lol And truck bodies for 1/8th scale? I saw one SEMI on the Delta Plastik site, you and Lon Sr. can run those...

PS: I love GT bodies....
Meh. I first started hating GT bodies at the 82 Winternats, and having run superstock, I always liked Indy bodies. To each their own. And if Lon wanted to run a semi body (echh) I'd back him up for at least one race...lol.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=610
lol here ya go
Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Meh. I first started hating GT bodies at the 82 Winternats, and having run superstock, I always liked Indy bodies. To each their own. And if Lon wanted to run a semi body (echh) I'd back him up for at least one race...lol.
....i want to run GT and F1/indy bodies...going to start with the Lola T333....then prolly mount a Porsche 911.............i say we have 3 rules ....any .21 engine/centax ok..single speed...any pan allowed ( no locked out hinge pin arms)....and NO modern top fuel bodies.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.