Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RS4

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Twisted_Metal
I would advise you to consider trying to get your money back. Those cars are discontinued and are very hard to find parts for. I've owned a HPI RS4-2 for 9 years and now I'm experiencing problems in finding the basic parts such as, belts, pulleys, gears and arms.

If you don't believe me here's some pictures of my smashed car ...
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/5160/img2986rn.jpg
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/5294/img2988b.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6/img2987m.jpg

You wouldn't mind selling your to me would you ...

I am starting a new web site in addition to www.fastharry.com. It should be up and running within the next week. I have a TON of HPI parts for 16 years of using my 3 racer 2 chassis's. Many of them will be for sale. So stay tuned.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like FastHarry, I too have this car (at least three) when it was the car to have back in the early 2000s for parking lot racing. I recently came into a ton a spare parts from a hobby store going out of business in my area. If anyone needs a part or two to keep their's going and FastHarry doesn't have it, post or PM me, I just might have what you need. I will keep a few for myself, of course, to keep mine running but I do have some extras to spare. I also have some Savage extra parts also.

Juan
Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

towerhobbies has almost of the parts also.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default rs4 racer2

tower hobbies and rc planet has plenty of replacement parts,i still race mine and it is really still competetive.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Rookie

those car handles pretty well for a 10 yr old car...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

It's much older than 10yrs I think ...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up Hope I'm not late...

Hey Pope, yourstruly hit the nail right on the head. I had the NRS4 and converted it to pro specs. It's a really great car, and can be used for some decent club racing. The MAIN issue is that on an unprepped racing surface, a small rock can logged in the spur gear, and the smaller pulley gears on the right side of the car. One could say a possible fix is to close up the holes on the bottom of the chassis, but this causes more problems, as the rocks can't just fall through, and could worsen the problem. So, for bashing,.....ehhh,..you'll enjoy it until you experience eaten up gears, and stripped belts. Other than that, it's a great machine. There are a slew of online stores that have parts in stock for those cars. I suggest that you buy quite a few at once, especially those gears I mentioned. You may even be lucky and find some machined parts and gears. The motor issue is a delicate one. I had a Collari (?) .12 installed in mine, and I remember snapping the 2-speed shaft. It may have been a fluke, but after upgrading to the HPI option part I had no further problems. Remember, this is the race version of the standard NRS4, so it is beefed up in terms of the drivetrain to handle some hot engines. As a matter of fact, the kit did not sell with an engine, and the recommended engine was the HPI .12R SC. It was rated around 1+ hp (what ever that means...) Remeber, maintenance and inspections will save you a loooottt of heartache. Have fun!!