Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win?? >

1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Ielasi - Stick 1:10 2008
Fukuda - Pistol 1:10 2006
Hara Current Off-road Champ Won with 4PK
Old 08-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nitrodude
As far as collari running longer on a tank, Im sure there was a lot of engine tunning, different pipes and headers, different compression settings, and a smoother throttle finger. Smoother doesnt mean slower, I think most of us use the the trigger too much as on-off switch, when we go onto the straight we just gun it, and its not needed. Just MHO.
You hit the needle on the head Steven. Nice to see this discussion from persons who did not see it directly. The biggest difference between Collari and all others, he is not pushing his car to the limit and ... only gives half throttle if full is not needed. Combined with a perfect stable car and the best nitro consumption combination his strategy was perfect.

Finally met Sam, the pizza was better than the drivers dinner
Old 08-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

Without ever having tried one, I think stick radios are more precise. As far as collari running longer on a tank, Im sure there was a lot of engine tunning, different pipes and headers, different compression settings, and a smoother throttle finger. Smoother doesnt mean slower, I think most of us use the the trigger too much as on-off switch, when we go onto the straight we just gun it, and its not needed. Just MHO.

A friend can run both. He mentioned the steering with sticks is faster because moost of the guys running a pistol transmitter are steering with the whole hand whisch is weight ans takes a lot of time while a stick only uses the thumb.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
A friend can run both. He mentioned the steering with sticks is faster because moost of the guys running a pistol transmitter are steering with the whole hand whisch is weight ans takes a lot of time while a stick only uses the thumb.
I've actually seen Salven drive and he uses 2 fingers to hold the sticks, he has these really cool CF hand rests on the side of the radio.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Regarding stick radios Pietsch is using this also.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Leave the engine question out of the equation. Pietsch and Collari run factory Novarossi engines and they are most likely prepared equal. However, Colari runs the same laptimes (or even quicker) and pits later then Pietsch. That's the topic we are discussing...
yes but just to note that out of 15 engines, Lamberto had only 1 engine that would make 5 minutes, even with his smooth driving style.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:37 PM
V12
Tech Elite

For the guys who had been at Lostallo.

I will going next weekend to Lostallo also but I´m still in search for a hotelroom. Where had you been there?
Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

when we go onto the straight we just gun it, and its not needed. Just MHO.
Maybe you gun it, I don't....

Originally Posted by PMSorber
The biggest difference between Collari and all others, he is not pushing his car to the limit and ... only gives half throttle if full is not needed.
All others?...
I drive the same... only on a much lower level...

Also drivers who drove electric cars a few years will drive more "fluent"...
Old 08-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by V12
For the guys who had been at Lostallo.

I will going next weekend to Lostallo also but I´m still in search for a hotelroom. Where had you been there?
Hotels will be difficult due to summertime hollidays. There is a MOTEL near by Sorte / Cama, you could try that. Its about a 5 min drive from the track.
I could also recommend the website interhome.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't think stick radios have anything to do with it. It is simply a preference as stated. I bet we'll never know what it is Collari is doing because he or his pit crew will never tell.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I bet we'll never know what it is Collari is doing because he or his pit crew will never tell.
He doesn't have to tell, I know. Why does Swauger run .400 seconds quicker than me with nearly identical equipment? Because he is a better driver. It's not motor, it's not set-up, it's not trick parts or super fresh tires. It's the loose screw behind the wheel (or stick).

You don't get vastly superior equipment 9 out of 11 years. That might happen once in 11 years. No, 9 out of 11 is talent, skill and hard work.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

@wingracer

I looked at some pictures of Swaugers car and it seems to be pretty much stock. I spotted the short wb mod and that he did something to the rear swaybar "play" adjustment screws.
Do you know if he is using light transmission parts as well (wheel axles, shafts, etc.)?

Thanks for your feedback! Regards, Stefan
Old 08-25-2009, 01:01 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
Why does Swauger run .400 seconds quicker than me with nearly identical equipment? Because he is a better driver. It's not motor,
So you have the Same Novarossi engines?
Can you open them, to replace parts?...

I'm pretty sure that Swauger can't open them (and isn't even allowed to), because factory engines from Novarossi have these screws which you can not unscrew...

Are you still sure you have the same engines? (unless you are also a Novarossi factory driver....)

But 1 thing you are right about, he is a damn good driver....
Being vice WC, is a good result....
Old 08-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H
So you have the Same Novarossi engines?
Can you open them, to replace parts?...

I'm pretty sure that Swauger can't open them (and isn't even allowed to), because factory engines from Novarossi have these screws which you can not unscrew...

Are you still sure you have the same engines? (unless you are also a Novarossi factory driver....)

But 1 thing you are right about, he is a damn good driver....
Being vice WC, is a good result....

My RC brothers I have personally seen 2 engines from the wc 2007 1/8 and the 2006 1/10 of one of the top drivers and they do have more work done to them such as more of a knife edge on the rods and totally different timing on the sleeve, mods to the head buttons, special plugs and highly worked cranks, one would think that they have special material but they're not fancy looking at all more smooth ports and very very smooth turbo cuts on the crank and smooth case work All in all they are mods that I've seen before from the likes of JP'S,MAX, MURNANS) IT JUST SEEMED THAT THE WORLDS ENGINES WERE A LITTLE MORE HAND WORKED THATS ALL. As for the new nova engines not even the drivers know what they are BECAUSE THEY CAN'T OPEN THEM. So in essence I think it ALL comes down to the most well prepared, best strategy,and the best part number that every racer wants and THAT PART NUMBER IS :
SKILLS 101
Old 08-25-2009, 02:59 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Hotels will be difficult due to summertime hollidays. There is a MOTEL near by Sorte / Cama, you could try that. Its about a 5 min drive from the track.
I could also recommend the website interhome.
Thanks.

Do you know that Motel and could recommand this or had you been at a different hotel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.