Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win?? >

1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 On-Road WC in Lostollo...who do you think will win??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

GO COLLARI
Old 08-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here you can find the entry list: http://www.myrcm.ch/ch/mrtm/13082009.../V8/index.html
Old 08-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Geberit
That list is not final so far I can see.

But what a mess.... Sabrina Lechner (Germany) and Steven Cuypers (Belgium) are racing for Argentina and Ilia v. Gastel (Belgium) is racing for Hungary and maybe there are more....

I think this is not the meaning of comming out for your country....
Old 08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That does bring up an interesting point though since most foreign countries don't use all the slots that they are allowed. Say I was a swiss driver and all the swiss (or EFRA, however that works) spots were filled. Could I call up the American team manager (just as an example) and enter that way through ROAR?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

The ROAR Team Manager duties are not for placement of a team member. All of that is handled through the ROAR Administrator. The leftover spots from ROAR are given back to IFMAR for re-allocation to the other blocs, or in terms, split up between the other three blocs unless they do not have anyone to fill them, they are given to IFMAR to decide what to do with them. Sometimes like at the worlds in North Carolina last year, most of the spots that drivers from other countries, who didn't show, were filled by the remaining people on the ROAR waiting list and most of those were drivers that went just on a stroke of luck that they could get in.

The ROAR Team Manager is a person that is sent to the race that handles all the drivers meetings for the drivers he represents, and then relays this information to the team. Why is this you ask? Well the common goal is to help defeat the huge language barrier. If there is only one guy there, then it is that one persons duty to get the information correct to his team... Instead of 200 people not understanding something or mis-communicating something.

Also, this alleviates the directors of the race to just dealing and knowing one person rather than 200. The main goal is to help out on the language barrier.

Also, the Team Manager is the one the racer goes to in case they would like to protest. The Team Manager accepts the protest and submits it for the racer and/or file a protest if they see something that should require it.

They also are there in tech to make sure that the cars are teched according to the rules. And finally, they are there to make sure that their drivers are acting in a professional or accordingly way of the organization and/or country they represent. In other words, temper tantrums on the driver stand, lack of corner marshalling, failing to go to tech or all the things that American tracks allow will pretty much not be tolerated, so be prepared.

I'm pretty sure I am the Team Manager at this one.

Last edited by Orange; 08-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So, yes... I am not entered in the WC. Not at fault of ROAR but of the good old USPS and my own fault for commiting the "mother of all screw ups" and assuming the entry went in and was all fine and dandy... I sent in my entry and money to ROAR (they already have it now), they are sending it to IFMAR and I will go to Lostallo in hopes that someone else doesn't show so I can race. Long way to go to possibly sit and watch a WC that I've worked awefully hard for but that's the way it goes. Thanks to everyone at ROAR for doing their best to try and get me into the race.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Dawn and I both hope you get in Josh and we will do whatever we can to see it happen.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

GO SERPENT!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Josh Hope You Get In ,,, USA need all the Best Drivers at WC,,, Good Luck
Old 08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Lord

Orange, I understand all that. My question wasn't how is it done but could it be done if the people involved wanted to? Could the ROAR administrator or one of the other blocks enter a driver from outside the block as a sort of workaround? I am not saying ROAR has or should do it but rather could they?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

wingracer - No they can't - The racer has to be a member of that block. For ROAR, you have to have an address and be in the US/Canada for at least 6 months (If I remember correctly). This is why I had to submit and pay my entry to ROAR so it was submitted through ROAR when I arrive in Lostallo and wait for a possible slot to enter the event. No loop holes or ways to run around it that I know of....

JS - Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Lord

That's what I figured but with all the crazy politics of IFMAR, you never know

Good luck Josh, they have to find a spot for you.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think some guys won't show up as allways so a few free places should show up! Also for our country (Slovenia) is driving a German driver because we dont have so many racers that woul like to go (not so many good drivers and expensive for private drivers). I think the German driver was registered in a Slovenian Club and now he can drive for our country ... thats it
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Geberit
I think some guys won't show up as allways so a few free places should show up! Also for our country (Slovenia) is driving a German driver because we dont have so many racers that woul like to go (not so many good drivers and expensive for private drivers). I think the German driver was registered in a Slovenian Club and now he can drive for our country ... thats it
In Europe a driver has to be a clubmenber in the other country and still then there must be a permission given from the country of origin
Old 08-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

2 countries in ROAR and they both fall under the same umbrella. A driver from another country other than the US and Canada cannot sign up through ROAR to go to the IFMAR Worlds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.