Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!! >

Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Suspended

please pics...
Old 06-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Having run at Losstello before, 7/8 secs flat out, the rest in field 13secs of technical driving, fantastic place to be.

Good luck.

Andy
Old 06-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

another great post thanks Josh.
concentrate on testing is hard enough plus giving details and with photos
Old 06-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

We were there for the 2005 5th scale worlds.... a track like no other. The pizza place in the village is amazing as long as you have a couple hours to kill. Make sure you find the beautiful French or Itialian girl who sell the hot dog baggetts........................

It's like placing a race track in yosemitte......................
Attached Thumbnails Live from Lostallo - The Josh & Jonny Socko Show!!-dsc_0409.jpg  
Old 06-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Everyone!

Well, another day complete here in Lostallo and honestly I have lost track of the days. Again today we ran a ton of laps and as far as people who actually had their transponders in, I again lead the total laps sheet with around 240+ laps....lol..

So far - 1,400 laps!! That's about 93+ tanks of fuel and over 30 sets of tires (some not fully run down because of testing hardness - some too soft that only lasted 2-3 tanks). The most impressive part as today was the first day I switched to a different engine!! That means I used 1 engine for 1,160 laps here, a Toledo club race and the final at the 301 Capitol Classic. I figure it has seen at least 15L (4 gallons) of fuel with no rod change... Quite impressive to say the least.

Today, things improved a little further as I can now run all my laps in the 20 second range. The fastest was a 20.6 which is ok, but really still needs to be another .2-.3 faster. Today, Robert Pietch clocked in a 19.9 second lap and his car looks extremely good. While he doesn't have his transponder in, I was told that Lamberto Collari also did the same and honestly it would not suprise me as once again his car looked great. I'm pretty sure that both plan to make 2 pit stops in the 10 minute qualifier. This means about a 7 second difference so .3 per lap would equal about 9 seconds in the 10 minutes. If I can get down to the 20.3 range I might have a chance but both of these two look extremely quick and out of reach for most all of us (my opinion). The interesting ones will be us who try to run 5 minutes and if we can get enough speed to get close.

I was also suprised to hear people talking that they weren't using the Team Orion fuel for the coming WC but actually using 20 or even 16%. Also, I know for sure they were using different makes so I don't think this weekends race will be a 100% indication of what is coming for the WC.

I think I have officially tested every possible adjustment there is to to do to a Shepherd Velox here...lol... Even Patrick, Alex and Armin are sort of laughing at me for everything I have tried. Hopefully, I've learned enough now to put a few more small details together to try and catch up a bit more before we go home.

Well, time for dinner. If it's possible, we'll try to post some pics tonight

Later!!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Interesting point about the fuel, that hadn't occurred to me. Since WC's are hand-out fuel now, I don't guess you could run LESS nitro either.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Lord

The idea is simple. This is just a race like any other without controled fuel. Taking pole and/or win is one extra on the list. And yes, I do think those 0.3 sec faster with 2 stops can be bettered with 20% fuel with one stop.

Another problem we see in Holland is that the TO fuel is not available. My opinion is that the choice for TO fuel is a bad choice, it is for most people not available to give it a try and TO is also taking part of the race with their engines so they can optimize the fuel to their engines or optimize their engines to the fuel because you will never know if the batch on the WC is the same as currently can be pruchaced (if you can get a hand on it).
Old 06-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default body question

Hi, Josh i like to know what bodies are you testing? Good luck for tomorrow

Gabriel
Old 06-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Suspended

pics!!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OILMAN
pics!!!!
wait until the race is over and they got some rest I am sure Josh will flood the thread with pics.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
Another problem we see in Holland is that the TO fuel is not available.
Lets put it this way, the fuel is not available to everyone!!!

I drove by Lostallo about two weeks ago. It was the Monday after the last race there.
When I went through the pit area, I stumbled over 6! empty cartons (4x5liter each = 120 litres total) of TO fuel, all adressed to Lamberto Collari.

So, I suppose he's getting all the track time with this fuel that he wants!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Hello Josh and Rick;

Hey, thanks for the good detailed reports. Really interesting stuff - keep the updates coming. More important though - keep "sneaking up on" those euro-racers!

Dale - Protoform
Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Roelof

Another problem we see in Holland is that the TO fuel is not available.
Hmmm I wonder what is in our cans then... it clearly states TO
TO is available here in NL Roelof, just order it at the right adres.
If you mean; its not available in NL-shops, you are right.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for the updates. It's nice to see someone take the time out to give the some insight on how the day was. Not too many people would do this. It really show how devoted you are to this hobby. Thanks Josh.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
So far - 1,400 laps!! That's about 93+ tanks of fuel and over 30 sets of tires (some not fully run down because of testing hardness - some too soft that only lasted 2-3 tanks). The most impressive part as today was the first day I switched to a different engine!! That means I used 1 engine for 1,160 laps here, a Toledo club race and the final at the 301 Capitol Classic. I figure it has seen at least 15L (4 gallons) of fuel with no rod change... Quite impressive to say the least.
Originally Posted by stefan
When I went through the pit area, I stumbled over 6! empty cartons (4x5liter each = 120 litres total) of TO fuel, all adressed to Lamberto Collari.
So, I suppose he's getting all the track time with this fuel that he wants!
I know we guys pay a part for the sponsoring of the factory drivers but these numbers are just insaine. Mayby time for limiting tracktime as the F1 has?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.